Marcus Mariota: "I would play my heart out for the Jets"

Patriot Killa

I hope the "let's win meaningless games in a lost season" crowd thinks it was worth it to win that PITT game when this kid is lighting it up in Tampa.

After watching last night's game, and recall watching the Jets VS Pitt, it was the Steelers who lost that game not the Jets winning it, the Jets played awful, Pitt just played atrocious.

OREGON PLAYERS SUCK. SERIOUSLY DO RESEARCH.

A few fun facts about the Ducks. 1. Since 1999, no NCAA team has produced more NFL running backs than UO. 2. Six former Ducks are in the HOF. Including Dan Fouts, Dave Wilcox and Norm Van Brocklin 3. Oregon is the seventh worst recruiting area IN THE NATION. 4. Since 1977, UO has never hired an outside coach as head coach. Get your Jets mind around that.

I am very much on the record of wanting Bryce Petty as the Jets QB draft pick. But, I am friends with a man who trains with Mariota and has told me he is a great kid with his head on right. If he doesnt succeed it wont be because he didnt work hard enough.

We're gonna end up over extending ourselves to get some loser like Hoyer.

Unfortunately I think you're right.  Idzik will get to keep his job and pick some lame assistant from Seattle probably Dan Quinn.  Then he'll give Hoyer an enormous 5 year deal and we'll be averaging 4 wins a season the next 5 years.

A few fun facts about the Ducks. 1. Since 1999, no NCAA team has produced more NFL running backs than UO. 2. Six former Ducks are in the HOF. Including Dan Fouts, Dave Wilcox and Norm Van Brocklin 3. Oregon is the seventh worst recruiting area IN THE NATION. 4. Since 1977, UO has never hired an outside coach as head coach. Get your Jets mind around that.

Meanwhile every QB who has ever come out of Oregon the last 20 years has sucked donkey balls except for Aaron Rodgers.  I'm not saying Mariota will be as bad as Akili Smith or Joey Harrington or Kellen Clemens but Winston I think will be the better NFL player and a lot of it is because he plays in a pro-style offense.

And it's not just because of the school.  Oregon's teams always run gimmicky one or two read shotgun offenses that aren't pro-style and inflate their qb's stats.

Meanwhile every QB who has ever come out of Oregon the last 20 years has sucked donkey balls except for Aaron Rodgers. I'm not saying Mariota will be as bad as Akili Smith or Joey Harrington or Kellen Clemens but Winston I think will be the better NFL player and a lot of it is because he plays in a pro-style offense.

And it's not just because of the school. Oregon's teams always run gimmicky one or two read shotgun offenses that aren't pro-style and inflate their qb's stats.

Excellent point....Aaron Rodgers sucked at Oregon too...but was pretty good with the Cal Golden Bears

Archived