Geno to start Monday Night.

T0mShane

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is the best thing for the TEAM. The Jets get too understand more fully what they have in Geno. Can he be a back up? Can they salvage anything from him? He IS on their payroll for future years.

The Jets owe Vick nothing. He was clearly not mentally prepared to play a football game Monday night. It was so obvious. The Jets should not allow him to showcase anything of himself for another team next year.

lol didnt u see that lob ball he threw up under pressure the other night?  Luckily a Jet caught it but he didnt even know the receiver was there as he was just scared sh*t...thats what we have in Geno...scared sh*t.

Idzik is the ultimate guy who, along w zero leadership skills, was lucky enough to be a small part of a successful organization jus at the right time and found a big enough fool in Woody to latch onto for a gig he is COMPLETELY unqualified for. We've all seen this at our place of work. "How is THAT guy in THAT position?"

There is NO formula. NFL success is all based on innovation, flexibility and luck.

This idiot thinks by doing exactly what he saw in Seattle will lead to ultimate success.

As a fan, or if I was, it's like hopelessly watching the sinking ship with the doofus captain still proudly standing on top convinced it's gonna miraculously float again.

Idzik is the ultimate guy who, along w zero leadership skills, was lucky enough to be a small part of a successful organization jus at the right time and found a big enough fool in Woody to latch onto for a gig he is COMPLETELY unqualified for. We've all seen this at our place of work. "How is THAT guy in THAT position?"

There is NO formula. NFL success is all based on innovation, flexibility and luck.

This idiot thinks by doing exactly what he saw in Seattle will lead to ultimate success.

As a fan, or if I was, it's like hopelessly watching the sinking ship with the doofus captain still proudly standing on top convinced it's gonna miraculously float again.

wow...well said

That post is dead on.

NFL teams with an outstanding GM and a mediocre HC can be successful in the NFL, and vice versa.

When you have a mediocre, below average GM and a mediocre, below average HC, teams will just not be successful.

After the article I just posted and this news getting out, sh*t is going to get ugly FAST. What a f*cking sh*tshow. This year is officially worse than 2012 for me.

2012 is the Super Bowl compared to this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh...I just see Woody as such an insecure guy that I view him as always checking with somebody before he pulls the trigger on a move like this.  He doesn't know football, but I think he knows he doesn't know football.

What should give us all pause-Johnson was in the mix for about 5 minutes before Parcells and then Bellcheat ran out of there. The money here was as good as anyplace, and they both amde their bones in NY,

And the Idizk hiring, requiring he keep Rex, was a mistake. He has to totally clean house now and get fresh personnel-centric eyeballs on this mess. I'm  certain he simply is not sharp enough to understand how close he is to completley losing the fan base, to say nothing of experiencing more laughinfstok status. He has to bring in a  real personnel guy and step away.

Fully expect it will be Idzik and some retread we all hate.

You're saying that Idzik needs more innovation, flexibility, and luck.

If they're going back to Geno, then Enunwa, Dozier, and IK better be on the field too, while guys like Pace and Colon hit the bench. They should have been rolling with the youth movement for the past month. Now, there's no excuse.

I think Reilly is the most likely guy to supplant Pace because he's the only guy who's been getting reps with the starters for about a series a game.  Absolutely right though...every rook needs to be out there getting reps.

I think Reilly is the most likely guy to supplant Pace because he's the only guy who's been getting reps with the starters for about a series a game. Absolutely right though...every rook needs to be out there getting reps.

Definitely. It might make the season an iota less disgusting if we see that there are a few young players coming along.

Jets players surprised the team benched quarterback Michael Vick for Geno Smith

Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on November 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM, updated November 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Reddit

FLORHAM PARK -- The news Wednesday that the Jets were switching back to second-year quarterback Geno Smith, after starting veteran Michael Vick in his place for the past three games, was met with surprise by some players.

"I just didn't see us flip-flopping," right guard Willie Colon said. "I just figured Vick was going to kind of ride us out. It just is what it is."

Colon said he was "just thrown off-guard" when he learned in Wednesday morning's team meeting that Smith would start next Monday night against Miami.

"Yeah, it was a surprise," said running back Chris Johnson, who added that he did not find out Smith was the starter until he saw him getting first-team snaps at Wednesday's practice. "I've just never really seen it go like that, but things change. I've never really seen it go like: starter getting benched, then the backup coming in, and then a couple games, then the original starter comes back. I've just never seen it like that."

That's the Jets' 2014 season for you -- one big mess of things most people have never seen before.

This was clearly a forward-looking move, as the Jets try to determine if Smith has a future with them. Monday night's game will be the 25th start of Smith's career. He committed 37 turnovers in his first 24 starts.

Can Colon at least appreciate that the organization needs to take the future into consideration, during these final five games for the 2-9 Jets?

"I don't know," Colon said. "That's all out of my sphere of thinking right now."

Vick struggled Monday night in Detroit against the Bills, and was benched in the third quarter in favor of Smith. But all things considered, in Vick's two-plus games as the Jets' starting quarterback, his teammates thought he played well.

"He definitely commanded the huddle," Colon said. "He gave us a spark we needed at times."

Had Vick played well enough to continue starting?

"I thought so," said right tackle Breno Giacomini. "I thought he did a good job. But I don't make those decisions. I don't know who made the call. It doesn't really matter to me. I can't control that."

Regarding the Jets needing to consider the future and assess Smith's role in it, Giacomini said, "That's probably what came in to influence on the decision."

As Smith prepares to return to the starting lineup, does this locker room still believe in him? The last time he started, in the Oct. 26 home loss to the Bills, he threw three first-quarter interceptions and was benched in favor of Vick.

"I still believe in him," Colon said. "He's our quarterback, and we've got to ride with him. That's the bottom line."

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

This is why the Pittsburgh win was so brutal if there was truth to the rumor that Rex was gone at the bye had we lost that game.

And it's now being reported that it was Rex's decision.  So tired of this franchise.

Costello via twitter:

Just spoke to a source with direct knowledge of QB decision who said it was actually Rex Ryan that wanted to go back to Geno Smith #nyj

And it's now being reported that it was Rex's decision.  So tired of this franchise.

Costello via twitter:

Just spoke to a source with direct knowledge of QB decision who said it was actually Rex Ryan that wanted to go back to Geno Smith #nyj

All of this goes back to Woody's mandate forcing Rex on the GM candidates. I really hope that Woody learned his lesson and cleans house entirely this offseason and hires a GM who can bring on his own people so we have everyone on the same page, but I doubt it happens since that would be the only sensible move to make, and the Jets don't make sensible moves.

All of this goes back to Woody's mandate forcing Rex on the GM candidates. I really hope that Woody learned his lesson and cleans house entirely this offseason and hires a GM who can bring on his own people so we have everyone on the same page, but I doubt it happens since that would be the only sensible move to make, and the Jets don't make sensible moves.

You and me both...dump the whole FO and start over....again.

You say 'again,' but when's the last time we really cleaned house in the first place under Woody? Bradway was GM before Tannenbaum, and he's still here! 

Just looking at the big picture, since becoming a fan...feels like we're hunting for a new coach every few years and none of 'em get a ring.  One failure after another.  Thank god they're honoring Chrebet on Monday.

Costello via twitter:

Someone inform the media-Rex is undermining Rex and did so all year, and Rex is angry.

I love how people like to get on Woody Johnson as if he's the problem. Woody hired an independent party to hire IdZik. He does not claim to know everything about football and doesn't mettle in football operations like some owners. Woody wants to win.

If you want to blame him for loving Rex Ryan so much then ok I get that. Look at it from Woodys standpoint though. Rex is a guy who loves being a part of the Jets organization. Someone who, though some of you may deny it, embodies what the Jet fan is. Wears his emotions on his sleeve and is a personable guy.

I don't blame Woody for wanting Rex back. This offseason is the true test for Woody. While this failing season can undeniably be placed on Idziks shoulders for the lack of talent, it ultimately comes down to Rex not making enough adjustments to cope with that fact.

In my opinion both should go to start fresh. The last thing you want to do is fire Rex and then possibly next season be sh*tty and be at odds on whether to fire your first year coach along with your GM. Tough situation to be in but once again, Woody is not the problem people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like me when I was 5, and I was afraid to go to school because of fear of bullying.

oh shut up dude, I am not in fear of anything from any rival fans, I'm not watching because I know they are going to lose and I just don't care to watch it-I got your 5 years old here A-hole

Archived