Can someone tell me about the Yankees?

Maxman

Even though Cashman hates his guts A-rod is owed alot of money so he will be back. He will probably DH (As will Beltran and Texieira occasionally )and Headley will play 3rd.

CC was overweight for too many years and waited too long to drop weight and get in shape. His knee is damaged goods and probably wont last long this season.

Arod will be 40 soon but will be back unless he gets indicted first

CC is broken and can't be fixed even with all the Cash Mans dough.

On the positive side, whoever they get to replace Captain Mediocre will be an upgrade

With Jeter now retired that era is officialy dead. Now we hope and pray we can rebuild the team with some homegrown blood, like Aaron Judge, Greg Bird, Gary Sanchez, Tyler Austin, Rob Refsnyder (also hope we can sign 19 year old Yoan Moncada) but those guys are atleast a year or more away from the majors. Frankly I'm not too hopeful about the teams immediate future we are stuck with bad contracts Tex (2 years left), CC, and AROd (both 3 years) and are far to reliable on injury prone and aging players. We desperately need a few of those names I mentiined above to pan out so we can stop throwing millions at aging free agents on the open market. If i was running the club I would put all my attention into farm system and player devlopment and not sign anyone to a deal longer than 2 years.

With Jeter now retired that era is officialy dead. Now we hope and pray we can rebuild the team with some homegrown blood, like Aaron Judge, Greg Bird, Gary Sanchez, Tyler Austin, Rob Refsnyder (also hope we can sign 19 year old Yoan Moncada) but those guys are atleast a year or more away from the majors. Frankly I'm not too hopeful about the teams immediate future we are stuck with bad contracts Tex (2 years left), CC, and AROd (both 3 years) and are far to reliable on injury prone and aging players. We desperately need a few of those names I mentiined above to pan out so we can stop throwing millions at aging free agents on the open market. If i was running the club I would put all my attention into farm system and player devlopment and not sign anyone to a deal longer than 2 years.

Interesting, do you think that is what Cashman is doing? Trying to rely on the kids?  Seems to be working elsewhere in the MLB right now.

Interesting, do you think that is what Cashman is doing? Trying to rely on the kids?  Seems to be working elsewhere in the MLB right now.

They have certainly ramped up their efforts in the international marker signing 10 of the top 30 prospects according to Baseball America (i still badly want Yoan Moncada) but i havent seen evidence that this team is willing to let these kids play for an extended period of time when they are ready for the majors. And frankly I dont think they have done a good job developing them after signing and drafting a player. They made some changes in player development, so we'll see.

Yankees might have a losing record next season.  How long before the fire Cashman billboards start popping up or have bandwagon millenial yankee fans completely forgotten that the mlb still exists?

Have no idea how Cashman got an extension this year. Shocking to me.

Get rid of Cashman, give stick michael complete control (And I mean lil mini steinbrenners stay out of bb operations) and in 5-6 years we'll be back in business. that Soriano trade 2 years ago will come back to haunt us. I give cashman credit, he didnt want to do it. but he was given strict orders from mini steinbrenner.

This might get real ugly before it gets better. with the price of Yankee tickets since 2009 being ridiculously pricey, we may see a very empty stadium quite often if the put a garbage product on the field. the boss learned his lesson after being put on double secret probation in the 90's. but now we're back to square one with the mini steinbrenners.

Get rid of Cashman, give stick michael complete control (And I mean lil mini steinbrenners stay out of bb operations) and in 5-6 years we'll be back in business. that Soriano trade 2 years ago will come back to haunt us. I give cashman credit, he didnt want to do it. but he was given strict orders from mini steinbrenner.

This might get real ugly before it gets better. with the price of Yankee tickets since 2009 being ridiculously pricey, we may see a very empty stadium quite often if the put a garbage product on the field. the boss learned his lesson after being put on double secret probation in the 90's. but now we're back to square one with the mini steinbrenners.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Steinbrenners sell the team soon before the bottom completely falls out.  Hal must be looking at the friggin LA Clippers getting $2 billion and think why wouldn't the Yankees at least fetch $2.5 bil.  These guys don't have the same passion for the team their father did.  I miss George.  Maybe Donald Trump buys the Yankees - God forbid we wind up with another Woody Johnson or James Dolan-type.  At least Trump would be interesting.

Great thought, but unrealistic.

Look at Boston.

They tried to go the youthful route, but once they started losing everyone (media and fans) were moaning when they were not spending up to their threshold.  And this was a mere 9 months removed from a World Series title.

They have dropped over 250 million in contracts in the last 90+ days.

If the Yankee farm system over values those players, like Boston did theirs, how long do you think the Yankees go before cutting checks?  Not long.

I think there are markets you can go the youthful route, but Boston and New York are not one of those markets. 

What are they looking like for next year? Is ARod really coming back? Can CC hold up on his bum knee?

News broke today the Yanks are in "hot pursuit" of LHP Andrew Miller. He's been lights out over the past year and a half. If they sign him along with Robertson I'd be ecstatic. It's more likely it's either one of the two. If that's the case I want D-Rob.

Great thought, but unrealistic.

Look at Boston.

They tried to go the youthful route, but once they started losing everyone (media and fans) were moaning when they were not spending up to their threshold.  And this was a mere 9 months removed from a World Series title.

They have dropped over 250 million in contracts in the last 90+ days.

If the Yankee farm system over values those players, like Boston did theirs, how long do you think the Yankees go before cutting checks?  Not long.

I think there are markets you can go the youthful route, but Boston and New York are not one of those markets. 

There is spending and then there's spending badly.  CC's contract is a whale.  Ditto for Ellsbury who is just a glorified Brett Gardner and shouldn't be batting 3rd in any contending team's lineup.  People b*tch about Arod he's actually the least of the Yankees' problems he can at least still play and be effective when MLB isn't trying to make him the scapegoat of the steroid era.

The Red Sox won in 2012 because they were able to get out from under the Beckett and Carl Crawford contracts.  I highly doubt we'll be so lucky. 

There is spending and then there's spending badly. CC's contract is a whale. Ditto for Ellsbury who is just a glorified Brett Gardner and shouldn't be batting 3rd in any contending team's lineup. People b*tch about Arod he's actually the least of the Yankees' problems he can at least still play and be effective when MLB isn't trying to make him the scapegoat of the steroid era.

The Red Sox won in 2012 because they were able to get out from under the Beckett and Carl Crawford contracts. I highly doubt we'll be so lucky.

alex hasnt played in nearly two years, how the heck would we know if he can still play, his contract has been a weight on this teams neck for 5 years. 3 more to go. Atleast mlb going after him saved us 25 mil last year.

alex hasnt played in nearly two years, how the heck would we know if he can still play, his contract has been a weight on this teams neck for 5 years. 3 more to go. Atleast mlb going after him saved us 25 mil last year.

Arod played well in 2013 for the 10 games he was here.  At least alot better than CC.  The CC contract makes the Aroid contract look manageable.  Even Beltran, I know it's a only 2 years left but he can't even play outfield anymore and we have like 5 other DH's on the roster.

The Red Sox not only won a World Series just a couple years ago they are already rebuilt and reloaded.  That FO is running circles around Cashman.  Ditto for the O's with their shoestring budget.

Archived