Most important move in Jets History is hiring new GM

afosomf

2/3's of the candidates who interviewed last time won't even take the call. Last year the Jets were a difficult job, now they're a bottomless pit. It will take a young guy with a different way of doing things. Sort of a GM version of Chip Kelly. That''s if we are VERY lucky

Actually because the team has bottomed out it should be a very attractive job for candidates. Assuming of course that Woody gives them control.

Lots of cap space to rebuild, a high draft pick, and no expectations for next season. In the past Woody has not hesitated to give out big contracts when the GM's asked. Problem Tannenbaum signed the wrong players.

Prime job

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a novel thought. Why doesn't Woody hire someone who has experience for the job? Woody has owned the team for 15 years and every hire he has had for GM and HC is afirst timer.

The problem with "experienced" GM's is, the fact that they are available means they have failed somewhere else.

Scott Pioli comes to mind. If my recollection is correct he was driven out of KC by billboards. How fitting, and I like the guy

The two things that ruined him were Matt Cassel and his two choices for head coach.  Todd Haley is a douchier version of Eric Mangini, and Romeo Crennel was already a proven failure as a head coach.

But if you look at that KC team, it's composed mostly of players that he brought in. 

Pioli's problem was he believed waaaayyyyy too much in Matt Cassel and that burned him bad.

We have Decker, Harvin, Kerley and Amaro and have no clue how to use them effectively. What would a rookie WR have done that these guys haven't. 

By the time Idzikiot traded for Harvin the season was over and he was doing damage control for not getting us Desean Jackson last off-season.  Kerley has been a total JAG this year I was shocked Idzikiot gave him a 4 year extension  - no way Kerley would have gotten even a 3 year deal on the open market after taking a sh*t this season.

The problem with "experienced" GM's is, the fact that they are available means they have failed somewhere else.Scott Pioli comes to mind. If my recollection is correct he was driven out of KC by billboards. How fitting, and I like the guy

True, but that is not the only option.

Consider Polian or even hand the keys to the franchise to Harbaugh since he's on the way out in San Fran.

By the time Idzikiot traded for Harvin the season was over and he was doing damage control for not getting us Desean Jackson last off-season.  Kerley has been a total JAG this year I was shocked Idzikiot gave him a 4 year extension  - no way Kerley would have gotten even a 3 year deal on the open market after taking a sh*t this season.

Do you think Djax makes a difference in this Jet offense - I don't. He's most effective stretching the field and hitting the seams . We're lucky if we even throw the ball 20+ yards downfield each game.  Everyone talks about all the misses Idzik had in the draft /FA , but I truly believe that if you transplant our Wr's/Te's onto many other teams , fans would be clamoring to get them for the Jets. 

The fan base actually being patient for once...

Not the pretend kind of patience where the Jets sign a GM and a year later since every single position wasn't taken care of you bug out and put up billboards and embarrass a whole fan base of real Jets fans

The deep draft of WRs and we landed NONE out of the 33 WRs drafted in the draft all have had catches in the NFL except the WRs Idzik drafted. 

We needed a CB and we drafted McDougle who was injury prone throughout his entire collegiate career.

Idzik signed a journeyman CB who was with 7 teams in 8 years in the NFL he quit on the team 

Idzik signed Breno Giacomini and the guy is a JAG 

Yes we do need a new GM sooner than later 

The deep draft of WRs and we landed NONE out of the 33 WRs drafted in the draft all have had catches in the NFL except the WRs Idzik drafted. 

We needed a CB and we drafted McDougle who was injury prone throughout his entire collegiate career.

Idzik signed a journeyman CB who was with 7 teams in 8 years in the NFL he quit on the team 

Idzik signed Breno Giacomini and the guy is a JAG 

Yes we do need a new GM sooner than later 

He had a shoulder injury that ended his senior season, its not the type of injury that usually lingers and had nothing to do with his ACL this season . To say he's injury prone is just false. 

Do you think Djax makes a difference in this Jet offense - I don't. He's most effective stretching the field and hitting the seams . We're lucky if we even throw the ball 20+ yards downfield each game.  Everyone talks about all the misses Idzik had in the draft /FA , but I truly believe that if you transplant our Wr's/Te's onto many other teams , fans would be clamoring to get them for the Jets. 

Saunders and Enunwa are available to anyone else who wants them. Don't see much clamouring in that direction. 

Saunders and Enunwa are available to anyone else who wants them. Don't see much clamouring in that direction. 

You missed Shaq Evans. But obviously I was referring to Decker/Harvin/Kerley/Amaro. 

12 picks in the draft and we get these guys this alone should get Idzik fired

I'm more pissed that he really didn't bolster the Oline. Without an oline the skill positions are neutralized.

You missed Shaq Evans. But obviously I was referring to Decker/Harvin/Kerley/Amaro. 

You mentioned everyone wanting to talk about Idzik's misses in the draft. Those two WRs are just a start in that conversation.

And yeah, the group we have (now) would certainly do better with a better QB/offense, but they're not world beaters, either.

You mentioned everyone wanting to talk about Idzik's misses in the draft. Those two WRs are just a start in that conversation.

And yeah, the group we have (now) would certainly do better with a better QB/offense, but they're not world beaters, either.

As far as Saunders goes, we'll see what he can do now that's paired with a real offensive minded HC in NO. Enumwa hasn't seen the field yet , so hopefully he can prove something next year in TC. 

I'm not prepared to label this draft a complete bust yet. We still have some unknowns and if any of Mcdougle, Dozier, Reilly, Enumwa or IK pan out ,the draft may be better than initial reactions. 

Listen, whatever is going to be done needs to be done immediately. No search committee BS. Woody needs to start his search two weeks ago. He needs to have a plan in place and his back channels open to get a deal done by February at the latest. This franchise needs to be ready for the draft and F/A with the new staff as soon as possible

True. But in the right system they can be plenty effective.

As far as Saunders goes, we'll see what he can do now that's paired with a real offensive minded HC in NO. Enumwa hasn't seen the field yet , so hopefully he can prove something next year in TC.

I'm not prepared to label this draft a complete bust yet. We still have some unknowns and if any of Mcdougle, Dozier, Reilly, Enumwa or IK pan out ,the draft may be better than initial reactions.

Given the idiot head coach's record with young talent, combined with his obsessive need to be besties with every washed-up veteran who will suck his balls for an NFL paycheck, it's hard to determine whether the players just suck, or if Calvin Pace and Willie Colon just know that spot on Rex's neck where he likes to be kissed.

Given the idiot head coach's record with young talent, combined with his obsessive need to be besties with every washed-up veteran who will suck his balls for an NFL paycheck, it's hard to determine whether the players just suck, or if Calvin Pace and Willie Colon just know that spot on Rex's neck where he likes to be kissed.

lol has anything you have ever predicted ever came to fruition?

your narrow view of both past and future it is wonder you can even watch a game!

You must come up with new theories on a regular basis.

I kinda feel sorry for my buddy Tx

Beliache is going to pack it in soon and head off to chasing hos.

And Tammi the fag will be 38+ next season

And anyone who has seen him knows that the Jimmy Crappola error in Sucksboro is gonna be a downer for Tx

Great poster though, one of the best ever

Luv ya, man

Happy T Day

This post probably made you laugh.

100% chance Iddy returns as he will get a pardon from Ginny Rometti, one turd to another. What the senile fail to grasp is iddy could have fired the clown after year 1.  Now part of me hope that Iddy returns for amusement reasons only.

Quick question - who's signing Idzik's paycheck. Oh yeah the same guy that made him keep Rex when he signed on.  Don't tell me you buy into that dog & pony show at the end of last season where Rex and Idizk were besties. Rex staying on was all about Woody having a woody for the fraud. 

Archived