Jameis Winston Perfect Fit For Jets

flgreen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you want about the offense that Mariota plays in and whatnot, but he is 100x the decision maker that Jameis Winston is. If (insert Jets GM name here) is going quarterback in round 1, Mariota is the guy. After so many years of seeing such irresponsible quarterback play, I want to see a quarterback who respects the football and makes the right decisions in green and white.

Say what you want about the offense that Mariota plays in and whatnot, but he is 100x the decision maker that Jameis Winston is. If (insert Jets GM name here) is going quarterback in round 1, Mariota is the guy. After so many years of seeing such irresponsible quarterback play, I want to see a quarterback who respects the football and makes the right decisions in green and white.

The people who favor Winston just don't know what it is they're looking at (just read the posts of 'vincenzo69' for confirmation of this point). They see the FSU record and say "all he does is win!" (which isn't too hard when everyone on your team is a stud and you play in a basketball conference), or "look at how many 4th quarter comebacks he has!" (which he wouldn't have to do if he doesn't throw 4 INTs at the start of his games), or they hear one described as a 'pocket passer' ("I want that one!") and the other as a 'running QB' and make their determinations from there.

It really is night and day. I'm not saying there's no chance that Mariota will bust (even though I take him without hesitation if he's on the board), but I don't think I've ever seen someone with a greater likelihood to bust (not Leaf, not JaMarcus, not V Young) than Jameis - and the fact that he still has such ardent supporters after such a typically lousy performance today just defies all logic and reason.

PS - Mariota is 10/14, 193 yds, 3 TD 0 INT just a few minutes into the 2nd quarter. THIS is how you're supposed to dominate teams you're better than; by contrast, Jameis "The Bust" Winston today: 12/24, 125 yds, 2 TD 4 INT  :lol:  

Like I said, the difference in talent between the two is stratospheric.

Winston will be behind bars if the jets take him before his first game. He an immature assclown like manziel. Mariotta as we speak has thrown for 3 tds and run for 1, he's crushing a team he should crush, not throwing picks

Cause you know them personally? Or cause you listen to media. Winston is a winner plain and simple just like Johnny. Only diffference is Johnny is smaller and will prolly get folded in half. Mariotta is a TE or WR in the NFL

Cause you know them personally? Or cause you listen to media. Winston is a winner plain and simple just like Johnny. Only diffference is Johnny is smaller and will prolly get folded in half. Mariotta is a TE or WR in the NFL

:lol: There's no hope for these type of people, they're like brainwashed followers of some cult

marshallapplewhite.jpg

Yep. I'd be perfectly fine with Bradford or Hoyer. Then draft Bryce Petty on Day 2.

I'd be completely cool with that. Signing one of those quarterbacks and drafting a developmental guy may be the best course of action here.

With the amount of money that the Jets have at their disposal this off-season and the high draft pick, it's safe to say that the Jets can make a major jump in competitiveness if they make the right moves.

Make free agency all about the o-line and defensive backfield and then go out in the draft and take the best offensive weapon (Amari Cooper in my opinion).

If the veteran qb route doesn't pay off and the Jets suffer another bad season at the hands of their qb, next year seems to be a much better draft class for quarterbacks. I personally like Connor Cook.

Agree 100%. It's not a coincidence that we had arguably the best O-Line in football during our back to back years going to the AFC Championship Game.

I really like the idea of drafting Andrus Peat if Mariota's off the board. He could start immediately at LT and be a Pro-Bowler for the next decade. Just slide Brick over to the right side, sign Mike Iupati in FA to play LG, and our line would be vastly improved - only weak spot would be RG.

I really like the idea of drafting Andrus Peat if Mariota's off the board. He could start immediately at LT and be a Pro-Bowler for the next decade. Just slide Brick over to the right side, sign Mike Iupati in FA to play LG, and our line would be vastly improved - only weak spot would be RG.

Brick would make a poor RT. He's a finesse blocker. You want your right tackle to be a mauler.

famous jameis acts like he has already made it in the NFL.  that's what bugs me the most.  he acts like he has already been picked #1, has his starting job, and is coasting to retirement

do not want

watch him win a superbowl with a really good team cuz the bad ones passed on him

You didn't know?  Jameis Winston's frat brothers are all posters on JN and they know he's a sociopath who's going to ruin the NFL.

Hard to make a bad decision when you have to make 1 read per play facing a defense that couldn't stop Brett Ratliff.

If we get Harbaugh I'd like Mariota because Harbaugh knows how to use him.  But unfortunately Idsuck will be allowed to stick around which means we probably get Dan Quinn who will probably get Mariota killed.

Mariota is a raider. Your options are Winston or scrubs like locker or RG3.

Locker and RG3 are Joe Montana compared to Winston, and that's considering that Locker and RG3 = sh*t.

Which is to say: Locker & RG3 = sh*t >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jameis Winston

Keep this bust as far away from my team as humanly possible.

Archived