Introduce Yourself

Maxman

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, Tezza said:

I am a complete dingus ...I made this post on the main forum and did not see this topic so doing a quick copy paste! 

Let's Go Jet Nation!

I'm a British NFL fan that moved to MN a couple years ago. I got into NFL about 15 years ago and will honestly admit I was a big Seattle fan previously and always had the Jets as a second team due to family in NY and all my other teams are NY based, though I can't stand Seattle or their fans anymore! I drew away from watching the NFL a good few years ago and got really into baseball and took up playing the game in the UK. I love NY and cheering for the Yankees and the Jets and my NY teams honor when I rock and root for the jets. I have always followed the jets since late Pennington days but never really came out as a Jets fan, whenever going to NY I would get jets baseball caps and jerseys for the collection. 

Being in MN working with colleagues etc I thought I'd try to get into the NFL, I tried to follow the Vikings to engage in conversation with colleagues and make friends, I tried it but it wasn't me. I can't stand the purple and to listen to these fans gruelling their QB ..your meant to get behind the team not just rant that you want everyone fired. I hope they do well as a hometown team but I'll just continue to walk around with my green Jets colors on ...not too many around here I tell you that!

What is amazing is my wife is also a big fan too, when living in MN the vikings fans can't get behind their QB I remember cheering for Hackenberg and we all know how that turned out! We both love New York and have been a few times and are now planning a trip to take in a game there .. hopefully do a combo Yankees and Jets game when visiting! 

I get chirped too pieces by everyone I know when I tell them I like the Jets here but I don't care I know Sammy D will get us into the playoffs, with the addition of Becton (and hopefully Warford) I think we can make a solid o-line for years ahead. It is fun rooting and going through the bad times makes it seem much better when the good times come and I hope this year Bell has a good season and Gase silences critics. 

Anyways if you are still reading this post I just want to say thanks again for the add Jet Nation, I look forward to contributing in the forum..... Is there any sub forums for Rangers and Yankees threads?

LET'S F'n GO .... J-E-T-S ..JETS JETS JETS

Thanks for signing up!

https://forums.jetnation.com/forum/2-other-sports/

Once hockey and baseball are back there should be more talk about those sports.  :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, SouthernJet said:

Hi, I am Abe Lincoln, a time traveler let me travel to future. I like this football game. By the way, I am in NYC, any good theater suggestions?

Dont know about NYC theaters but next time your'e in DC take in a show at Ford's Theater.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been following this site for years, but never joined till recent. I discovered this site when I was trying to find out about Vernon Gholston ( i didn't know much about him, & was looking for info ) and read on here that someone posted that he was going to be Matt Light's future father. ( Nice to know that everyone isn't right on here.) Anyway, I've been a diehard fan since I was a kid(Thanks dad). I'm not gonna lie, I did quit watching only 1 season due to the jets signing Vick ( for my own personal reasons). I'm a simple man with simple opinions, I can't offer any insider scoops or detailed scouting reports. I was born & raised in NJ till my parents got a divorced, then I moved to FL( still stuck here). So i got harrassed daily by dolphin fans(still do). I look forward to being an active member of this fine community, & thank you for having me. Please don't ban me already for bringing up Vernon. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2020 at 3:48 PM, Suffering since 77 said:

I've been following this site for years, but never joined till recent. I discovered this site when I was trying to find out about Vernon Gholston ( i didn't know much about him, & was looking for info ) and read on here that someone posted that he was going to be Matt Light's future father. ( Nice to know that everyone isn't right on here.) Anyway, I've been a diehard fan since I was a kid(Thanks dad). I'm not gonna lie, I did quit watching only 1 season due to the jets signing Vick ( for my own personal reasons). I'm a simple man with simple opinions, I can't offer any insider scoops or detailed scouting reports. I was born & raised in NJ till my parents got a divorced, then I moved to FL( still stuck here). So i got harrassed daily by dolphin fans(still do). I look forward to being an active member of this fine community, & thank you for having me. Please don't ban me already for bringing up Vernon. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Hey I am really sorry I missed this. Thank you for signing up. Not going to thank you for making us think about Vernon Gholston.  :)

Feeling better about the Jets now that Saleh is here?

Hey I am really sorry I missed this. Thank you for signing up. Not going to thank you for making us think about Vernon Gholston. 

Feeling better about the Jets now that Saleh is here?
Feeling very good about the Saleh hire, and all the new coaches he's bringing aboard too. Haven't felt this good about the team in a while. Thanks for having me here man.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hello JN. Became a Jets fan in 1986 when I was 10 to rebel against my Giants fan family. Hard to remember exactly which game I started paying real attention, but they were on a roll and I liked the color green. They squashed my youthful hopes and dreams pretty good that season, and things kept going downhill until 11 years later with BP.  Those early years were dark ones. Gase was just as bad but it hurt more years ago. I guess older Jets fans are a little desensitized.

Things are looking up. JD seems to be turning this ship around piece by piece. Very excited to see what kind of foundation we have laid after this year and if we can really take a leap with next years bonanza of early picks. 

I chat on some other boards but this is my first related to sports. Lately I have been following several threads here and wow, there are some really knowledgeable fans here!

Take care, Rob

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Hello JN. Became a Jets fan in 1986 when I was 10 to rebel against my Giants fan family. Hard to remember exactly which game I started paying real attention, but they were on a roll and I liked the color green. They squashed my youthful hopes and dreams pretty good that season, and things kept going downhill until 11 years later with BP.  Those early years were dark ones. Gase was just as bad but it hurt more years ago. I guess older Jets fans are a little desensitized.

Things are looking up. JD seems to be turning this ship around piece by piece. Very excited to see what kind of foundation we have laid after this year and if we can really take a leap with next years bonanza of early picks. 

I chat on some other boards but this is my first related to sports. Lately I have been following several threads here and wow, there are some really knowledgeable fans here!

Take care, Rob

HI ROB!

Welcome and beware the Crusher!  He'll eat all your snacks!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Take care, Rob

Welcome, Rob.  Don't ever let knowledge stand in the way of posting.   That's a paraphrase of Max' credo for the site.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 3:10 PM, Green hat said:

Take care, Rob

welcome!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A bit late for the Introduction I suppose because I've been posting here for a number of weeks while lurking since the draft.

I'm RT, a BYU fan from Texas.  I think you know what brought me here however I feel like I've been here all along.  I certainly know a thing or two about being a battered fan and offseason championships that end in lackluster seasons.

I've seen some disdain for the "college fan of QB drafted" coming here, but I'm pretty sure without that knowledge my posting history would not suggest as such.

There's an interesting group of people here, and I've had a good time so far.

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...

Hey all, Jets fan from NC. My mom lived in Staten Island when she was younger and became a huge fan and passed that love on to me. Rest of my family are Panthers fans lol. Work within my local school system and looking forward to getting involved. Also, am a licensed scuba diving instructor so if anyone needs help in that regard, let me know.?

• Upvote 2

On 5/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, Cool Hwhip said:

Hey all, Jets fan from NC. My mom lived in Staten Island when she was younger and became a huge fan and passed that love on to me. Rest of my family are Panthers fans lol. Work within my local school system and looking forward to getting involved. Also, am a licensed scuba diving instructor so if anyone needs help in that regard, let me know.?

Thanks for signing up.

Who is your favorite player?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all!

Jets fan since 2004 from North Carolina! My prized possession is a signed Chrebet jersey! Also try my best to teach science to America's youth haha. Looking forward to getting involved here and cheering our boys to victory. I really do think with this current regime we are on an upwards trajectory.

Starts today versus Baltimore!

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2022 at 12:13 PM, Sergeant Bosco said:

Hello all!

Jets fan since 2004 from North Carolina! My prized possession is a signed Chrebet jersey! Also try my best to teach science to America's youth haha. Looking forward to getting involved here and cheering our boys to victory. I really do think with this current regime we are on an upwards trajectory.

Starts today versus Baltimore!

Thanks.

Welcome aboard.  If only we had a better Jets situation for you in your rookie season here.

• 3 months later...

My name is Matt, What got me into the Jets? I grew up hearing about Joe Namath from my grandfather. He showed the pictures of Joe sporting the fur coat on the sidelines, and his confidence. The swagger as they call it nowadays. I was born and raised in SoCal, but the Rams and Chargers didn't appear to me. Nor did the Raiders when they arrived in LA. 

Just The Sack Exchange nickname was cool, no it was stylish with ruthlessness tossed in. Klecko was my favorite defensive player of the Jets. I could credit them with my being a fan. I was in elementary school (early 80's) that I decided I'd be a Gang Green Supporter. My mom would always be grateful for the Sears and JC Penney catalogs as I grew up in Southern California, so finding Jets gear was impossible. I still have a few of the Huddles items from then, which I will post, along with my pennants and other Jets gear (hats shirts, etc) I've accumulated over the years. Wesley Walker was my favorite offensive player. 

Also, who remembers "Smokey and the Bandit 2" when Joe Klecko crushes Buford T. Justice' badge? I took grief over the corny Flash Gordon flick. Or Lance Buttle in "Tougher than Leather". 

One definitely has to be tough to be a Jets fan, have the patience of Job, oh and a cynical George Carlin caliber humor. I mean who else can boo their draft picks like the Jets fans do? Maybe the iggles crew could. I still remember the boos when they took Jeff Lageman first. 

We survived in no order, Joe Walton, Erig Mangini, Todd Bowles, Bruce Coslet, Rich Kotite, Adam Gase, Glenn Foley and Browning Nagle at qb. Vance Joseph at safety.  Or when Ken O'Brien would get beaten to a pulp. I could go on and on, but still will support the Jets. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

• 3 months later...

I’m introducing myself 9 years later. PATRIOTS/Bucs fan. I’ve been talking trash in the Jets forum since 2014 and nobody ever banned me so I figured it was only fair I continue to post now that you’ll probably be winning the East and we’ll be a pathetic post-dynasty dumpster fire.

Our coach is a treacherous POS, and I can’t help but find myself spacing out hoping opposing defensive lineman smash our girly-face-making dumb ass quarterback, before I realize I’m not supposed to. 

Anyway, I used to begrudgingly dislike Rodgers on the field, because Brady-haters in the national media pretended Rodgers was better to knife at Brady, but now that Tom is retired with 7, beyond reproach, solidified and invincible, I like Rodgers enough off the field that I’m kind of rooting for him.

You’re the Bills of 3 years ago where, even though it’s a division rival, you’ve been so bad for so long, the first year or two of you being good isn’t even gonna’ bother me.

it’s year 3 where you’re like, “okay.”

Go jets or something

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

My real name is Jon. I also started on the other board. Back then I was undisciplined and a little wild at times. I also liked to drink large quantities of beer and liquor at the Troop 16H tailgate. In 2006, I fell for a woman who was known here as SeahawksPatriotschick. After moving to Seattle, changes began happening. One was to get rid of the beer gut and get healthy. Then I took it to the next level. I was always fascinated by bodybuilding, but never had the best genetics. Then Mens Physique and Classic Physique were created and it was on!! In 2016 I married Tara (Seahawkspatriotschick) and worked on building muscle. In 2017 I competed in my first bodybuilding show and fell in love with the stage. Now I am on the National Level and am working with an awesome coach, who herself has 2 Arnold Titles and 2 Olympia Titles in Fitness and is competing for her third Olympia next week. After a very dissatisfying North American Ranking of 6th in my class (Age and height) I am taking a year off to make improvements after getting feedback from the judges, and will go back to the National Stage in 2025. The best part of bodybuilding is the friendships I've made. I made friendships with a lot of Olympian bodybuilders in several divisions, like Nick Walker, Hunter Labrada, Brandon Curry, Jay Cutler, of Course my coach Missy Truscott, and many legends who are retired. 2 of my friendships are people who were American Gladiators. 

I will admit, I miss seeing the Jets in person on a regular basis, and have been to many road games. Since my wife worked for the Seahawks for many years, when the Jets come to Seattle, I always get a field pass. It's been a while since I've been here, only because my life gets super busy at times. Last year I was liking a lot of what I was seeing from the Jets. The record was a disappointment, but this Jets team is unlike any Jets team in history. These Kids have a lot of heart and play hard every week. If they can get the offense to improve in productivity, the possibilities are limitless. 

Every time I come back here, there are more & more changes, which is a good thing I guess.

I've been away from the forum for a few years, but most of the old-timers here, probably still remember me, so, I'm not going to bother with the whole introduction thing.

I moved from Florida a year ago, after living there for almost 30 years & relocated to Southeast Alabama. 

Have a house, a cabin, a big shop & a Pond that's about 1.5 acres, loaded with Bass, Channel Catfish & Bluegills, which is fed by 2 spring-fed creeks, on 32 acres of land, where I can't see my closest neighbor.

What a refreshing change it's been.

Just glad I made the move, while I'm still young enough to get around & enjoy it.

Anyway, it's good to still see some familiar names floating around & I look forward to catching up with everyone, as time permits.

Al

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1