Introduce Yourself

Maxman

Name's Matt, Long Island born and bred. Saw my first game at Shea their last season there - old man had season tickets, but gave them up after the move to NJ. Came from the other site, but not "new" per se. Played a bunch of Mafia when it first started here and have lurked since. Now a mod on ragu's site, but will continue to lurk and occasionally chime in.

• Upvote 1

I am Dave

Born in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn.  Dysfunctionally raised on LI.  Barely living in NJ.

Been a miserable Jet fan since I was 8 - in 1977.

One of the worst days of my life - January 23, 1983.

Favorable all-time Jet:  Al Toon (would be Gastineau if he didnt walk out on the team for that Flava Flav phucker).

Call myself deucebag cause I suffer miserably from chron;s disease and know a "deucebag" is inevitable.  I also think its hilarious - the play on words that is..

My name is SAR I.

I have been posting online in discussion forums since 1994 back in the Usenet days in alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets for those that go back that far. When that went dead I found Jets Insider, a now defunct online forum that was great from 2004-2011 but went downhill very fast. I am a very popular poster. I do not ask for this popularity. I do not need this popularity. It just happens.

Unlike many other posters, I have a point of view and I express it. Others don't want to put their necks out that far. Others like to straddle the fence. Many other posters like to critique other posters. I dislike those types. I believe that a discussion forum is at its best when there is spirited debate that doesn't break down into personal attacks and character assasinations.

I have been a Jets fan since 1978. My first Jets game, wasn't a fan of the sport, was in the late 70's, saw Pat Leahy miss 5 field goals in the rain against the Bills at Shea and the Jets lost. My next Jets game I saw Richard Todd set the NFL record for passing completions in a game at Shea and the Jets lost. The first Jets game I saw when I was about to become a big fan was in 1981 when the Jets opened the season 0-3 and turned it around against the Oilers at Shea and the Jets won. From there, I haven't missed a Jets game live or in person, a streak of 33 years. Cut two honeymoon's short to see games, figured out how to stream games to China when I travel. I have an extensive collection of original Jets broadcasts that I recorded myself going back to the 80's on VHS and burned DVD's.

Grew up on Long Island, was on the season ticket holder wait list from 1988 to 2002 and my reward from the Jets for all that waiting was crap seats in the upper deck end zones. In the mid-90's I relocated from Manhatan to New Hampshire where I discovered eBay and paid $10,000 to a retired postal worker for his postcard transfering the rights to his Row 1 Mezzanine Seats in Giants Stadium over to me. Finally, after 13 years of waiting, I was a season ticket holder. From 2001 to 2010 I drove 10 hours round trip from NH to NJ to attend 5+ games a year, most of them painful losses, a few of them terrific wins. Also in that span I saw all 11 Jets Patriots games at Foxboro in full Jets gear. Proudly, I raised all of my kids born in New England at the apex of the Tom Brady dynasty as Jets fans.

In 2010 I moved back to the New York area, in Bergen County New Jersey this time, and paid an old-timer with Day 1 seniority $4,000 for him to get me Row 1 Mezzanine Seats in MetLife Stadium when the PSL's went on sale, finally had seats in my name without any worry. My kids and I attend regularly except when the team quits on Rex Ryan and we sell the tickets on Stubhub and stay home.

Discussion forums are a dying form of social media, what used to be the main reason to flock to them was to get the narrative of what the typical Jets fan thought after a game or even set the narrative yourself and now the likes of Twitter and Facebook give that to us often before the game is even over. What forums are now is a place to hang with cool Jets fans and I like the vibe of Jet Nation. God willing it will never turn into the mean-spirited personal-attack-fest that Jets Insider once was.

Lastly, rich people have feelings too.

SAR I

Name's Rob. 36 years old.

I like tacos. And the Jets.

Been posting under the 'shuler82' name since the Jets Confidential board in the late 90s, then migrated to the board that shall remain nameless. Joined JN shortly after the inital exodus, but only stopped in once in a while, usually to browse.

Became a fan in the early 80s due to my fanatical father. Have suffered signifficantly ever since. I blame the Jets and my Irish heritage (in that order) for my drinking problem.

Season ticket holder since 2005. PSL gold. ching.ching. mother****in ching.

• Upvote 1

Name is Sean, was born during the heat of the troubles in Belfast,

Oh great...another Nordie. :tongue:

Anyways, I'm Eugene, born in Queens, but was dragged over to the ass end of Ireland as a kid. Became a Jets fan simply because the rest of the family were Giants fans, and I was obsessed with planes. Coverage over here back then was non existent, until 1982, when Channel 4 started showing highlights - a week after the games were actually played. Thankfully, things did get better.

Years later, when the internet finally reached this area, came across a site called Jets Haters, couple of years later found JI, spent a few years there until JN started, (got one of those infamous PMs that apparently weren't all that private) and been here ever since.

First Jets game I attended was the Colts in 99. And I f**king loathe Miami.

• Upvote 1

Oh great...another Nordie. :tongue:

Anyways, I'm Eugene, born in Queens, but was dragged over to the ass end of Ireland as a kid. Became a Jets fan simply because the rest of the family were Giants fans, and I was obsessed with planes. Coverage over here back then was non existent, until 1982, when Channel 4 started showing highlights - a week after the games were actually played. Thankfully, things did get better.

Years later, when the internet finally reached this area, came across a site called Jets Haters, couple of years later found JI, spent a few years there until JN started, (got one of those infamous PMs that apparently weren't all that private) and been here ever since.

First Jets game I attended was the Colts in 99. And I f**king loathe Miami.

I forgot that you were born here.

I will go first...

My real name is Phil. I am not sure why I picked Maxman. Needed a username when I started posting on another Jets board in 2003 :)  I remember spending about 20 seconds on the thought process. Before then, I would only sign up on a board to do something stupid. I usually made a few dumb posts and then got asked to leave lol.  But on this other Jets board, I can't remember the name -- I liked it. I had read the site and thought I might want to stick around.  So I needed a name but I didn't want something with a player name because I figured when they left the team the name would seem silly.

I picked Maxman and I still have no idea why. People say to me all the time, hey Max. Every single time I tell them my name is Phil.  Oh well, I will try to work that out with my therapist. I guess I never imagined running a site and having people read my posts. If I could do it over again, I would give the name selection process a bit more than 20 seconds.

More importantly, I have been a Jets fan my whole life. I was born in 1969 so I wasn't around for Super Bowl III. The first time I remember being really upset with the Jets was during the Mud Bowl loss in Miami.  Plenty of disappointment after that as well. I got season tickets in 1988 and started going to the games with my Dad. The stadium during the Joe Walton days was hysterical (in hindsight). My Dad went to games with me for a long time, eventually he had enough. We always had a blast though; that is what I learned from those Jets losses. You can still bond with family and friends even during the bad Jets times. So now my son goes with me...funny how the time flies, he started going with me when he was 5.  He is 19 years old now.

Looking forward to the Jets getting their act together. Hopefully the next coach makes the Walton's, Kotie's, Edwards, Coslet's and Ryan's of the world seem like a distant memory.

Thanks for reminding me of the Mud Bowl Phil. I hate you. LOL. I was around for Soup III - Ranks up there with the 69 Mets. Its the only thing that keeps me comin back. 

• Upvote 1

I'm another Phil.  I am a math teacher from "above Westchester" in NY.  I teach statistics and logic among other things, so I have a weakness for sports themed internet forums. :)  I used to be a moderator at another forum.....completely different subject matter....so I tend to post just here and there, as I have seen posting as a job so I am selective about my activity.  I did not come from another Jets forum....I just found this one a few weeks back, and I saw that there are people here who are bitching about the same things I am, so I signed up.

The name chillybott is based on a player type - a metallic Skarjj warrior -  I used to prefer when I played a game called Unreal Tournament about 15 years ago.  That's where the profile picture comes from too.  I liked the name so I kept it....nothing at all to do with Jets football or anything else.

One of my favorite Jets memories was in 1989 seeing Jets and KC actually play to a tie on MNF in the pouring rain.  I was in the 9th grade, and my friend whose dad had season tickets brought me along.  When I got the chance to get season tickets in '09 I took it, 3rd row from the roof on the visitor's 40 with a guy who constantly yelled "Bring in Gholston!" two rows back....I miss that guy.  When I went to renew in the upper bowl before 2010 I (stupidly) bit on the PSL offer, so now I have 2 seats in the last row of 228b.  My PSL will be fully paid off in 2 weeks.  I must say, it's not the flashback to 1989 I thought it might be, and especially in the new stadium I find customer service to be non-existent.

I'm another Yankees/Jets fan.  My kids are 7, 8,and 9, and I used to joke that I teach them to win with the Yankees and to lose with the Jets.  The part about the Yankees isn't so true these days, and the part about the Jets just isn't funny anymore.  It feels like they're trying to get rid of fans at this point.

• Upvote 1

First welcome to all the new people.

My name is Frank grew up in Staten Island New York moved to New Jersey 16 years ago. Work in Downtown Manhattan for financial services /publishing firm. I grew up liking the Jets because of watching them with my Dad who was a Jets fan. Been a fan for about 40 or so years since  a kid. We would watch together every Sunday- those days that is the only day teams played- hah

Also like Mets and Rangers

• Upvote 1

Hi All, .....been posting since 2006.....been a Jets Fan since, I saw Namath throw a TD (must have been 7 or 8 years old), and when they won the SB. And have seen probably every single way the Jets have lost....hope this ends soon and we win our 2nd SB.

• Upvote 1

My name is Brian 56 yrs. old and did love going to Shea to see the Jets. Born in Brooklyn and moved to Long Island. Was there until I recently retired from SCPD. I now live in Orlando and will continue to root for the Jets.

And here I always thought your name was Ken....and Max's name was Max...

• Upvote 1

I am the Warfish.

I am a loud, arrogant, bloviating dipsh*t who often posts lots of words.  I may not always be right, but I generally admit it when I'm not. 

And I love the Jets, and have since I was a wee lad (i.e. the early 80's).

I have missed watching only one game over the past 20 years or so.  As a non-NY based fan, who didn't;t have Sunday Ticket, I am proud of that legacy.

My other interests:  Scotland (my birthplace).  Good Whisky & Whiskey.  Pink Floyd & Music.  PRS & Gibson Guitars.   Fishing, Fresh & Inshore Salt.  Video Games and MMO's.  Politics & Military History. 

• Upvote 1

I am the Warfish.

I am a loud, arrogant, bloviating dipsh*t who often posts lots of words. I may not always be right, but I generally admit it when I'm not.

And I love the Jets, and have since I was a wee lad (i.e. the early 80's).

I have missed watching only one game over the past 20 years or so. As a non-NY based fan, who didn't;t have Sunday Ticket, I am proud of that legacy.

My other interests: Scotland (my birthplace). Good Whisky & Whiskey. Pink Floyd & Music. PRS & Gibson Guitars. Fishing, Fresh & Inshore Salt. Video Games and MMO's. Politics & Military History.

Highland, Lowland, Speyside or Islands???

I'm Matt from northeastern Pennsylvania. I currently live in west Texas working in the oil field. I recently joined when JI went dark. I was never a huge fan of pro football growing up I was more of a Penn State fan but tried my hand at it in 2009-2010. I didn't watch much pro football but I knew I hated the local teams (Eagles and Steelers). I hated the Dynasty teams as well as I normally root for underdogs. While I was following teams to try to pick one I saw the Jets locker room scandal with the female reporter and how everyone was giving them a hard time and everyone seemed to look down on them and I knew that was the team for me. Now since the PSU thing with Paterno I only really watch pro ball. I haven't been watching as long as most people my age (24) but I assure you I eat sleep and breathe this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everybody. On JI I originally went as Boozer until another Boozer had a problem with it than I switched over to Toms River Jet.. Whether you bashed JI or not I enjoyed it and read it daily. I see a lot of old names here and it feels like home already. I like all of you have been a long time Jet sufferer and although I scream and yell at the TV each week I rarely miss a game. We are a sick bunch. My cousin who was a ticket holder back in the Shea days is even worse than I am.

Years ago we took an old toilet from a remodel and put it on our front lawn and glued the head of an inflatable Jet to the inside. Blew it up and it made for some great laughs. I pissed on and burned my Sanchez Jersey after the butt fumble. All my Jet memorabilia is packed away and won't come out again until we have a winning team.

Thanks Maxman for the sign on help and it's great to be here.  Bob aka TRJ..

• Upvote 1

Use the name roscoeword because I haven't been in the States for almost 30 years and so I live in the past; do much of my catching up on Jet stuff through this forum. For those who are too young to remember, Roscoe Word was a cornerback drafted by the Jets from a black college, number 47. He was also a punt returner. But he was just another bust of a draft choice who I had high hopes for. I liked his name, and I called my parakeet Roscoe Bird at the time. Quick story: When John Lennon was shot, I was in college, and we just tuned in to MNF, where Howard Cosell was going on and on about someone who had died, and we didn't know who it was, and then he said John Lennon, and I thought he said Johnny Lam, and I was distraught with grief, thinking that the tandem of Wesley Walker and Johnny Lam Jones will now never be, because Johnny Lam Jones has been shot. When it became evident that it was John Lennon, everyone was crying hysterically, except for me, who was a bit relieved...  I never lived that down.   My favorite Jets; Riggins, Wesley Walker, Bruce Harper... yes, I am living in the past.

• Upvote 2

Was a member on JI. I've been a Jet fan since I could remember. I grew up in Central Jersey, surrounded by scumbag Giant fans. Spent some time in Pennsylvania, then a little under a decade in NYC, now a LIer. Have had season tickets in the family since 1991.

• Upvote 1

Hey, all.  I'm also new here.  I've been going to most of the games since around 1995/96.  Got on the waiting list and started going to all of the games in 97/98.  Finally got tix in my own name the year before we got the new place, then made it to every single game in the new place including preseason up until this year.  This year, due to unavoidable work and family commitments, I've missed 4 games.  But hoping to make it on the 21st to see Rex's final act.

I am a long time internet junkie but for some reason only started posting on Jets forums when I was looking for tix in the new place.  Started on the gang green then quickly moved on to JI until they recently closed their doors.

This place seems awesome, and I'm psyched to be here.

Meanwhile, I can't believe the farking team.  This season has been so brutal.  I don't even care anymore.  Didn't rearrange my day to watch today's game, missed the first quarter, and then was paying bills while watching the second half.  I just knew they would blow it somehow, and of course they did.

I'm not one of those "lose for better draft pick" guys.  I think winning teams create winning cultures that eventually become self feeding.  And before today we still had 25% of the season left, so a whole lot of football to go.

That said, at this point, **** it.  At least this loss will get us closer to a better pick :)

• Upvote 1

Hey, all.  I'm also new here.  I've been going to most of the games since around 1995/96.  Got on the waiting list and started going to all of the games in 97/98.  Finally got tix in my own name the year before we got the new place, then made it to every single game in the new place including preseason up until this year.  This year, due to unavoidable work and family commitments, I've missed 4 games.  But hoping to make it on the 21st to see Rex's final act.

I am a long time internet junkie but for some reason only started posting on Jets forums when I was looking for tix in the new place.  Started on the gang green then quickly moved on to JI until they recently closed their doors.

This place seems awesome, and I'm psyched to be here.

Meanwhile, I can't believe the farking team.  This season has been so brutal.  I don't even care anymore.  Didn't rearrange my day to watch today's game, missed the first quarter, and then was paying bills while watching the second half.  I just knew they would blow it somehow, and of course they did.

I'm not one of those "lose for better draft pick" guys.  I think winning teams create winning cultures that eventually become self feeding.  And before today we still had 25% of the season left, so a whole lot of football to go.

That said, at this point, fuck it.  At least this loss will get us closer to a better pick :)

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us!

Hey everyone, I'm new. I half-lurked at JI and decided to come over here following its switch to Scout. I started watching the Jets in 2005 (I'm only 20 so I don't go nearly as far back as some/most of you guys do). I try to look at the team from a neutral point of view. I'm not too optimistic about things and I'm not too pessimistic either. I have to say this board seems really nice, I'm glad I decided to come over here.

• Upvote 1

Dave, old as sh*t, Boston born, New England raised and molded by the Army.

PFSIKH stands for Pat's Fan Stuck in Kansas Hell!!   The Sikh part became a tad awkward after 9/11.

One of the original trolls that pre-dates carbon dating.  Was a member of Jet Hater's Board which was born from the Jets' signing Par$ells with Bob the Jets Fan, Garb and Gainzo (I believe).  Sooth became a member and shortly afterwards invited everyone to his new site, JI.

A few incarnations of JI later, Maximus created JN and followed his invite over here as JI became played out.

So...17 years later I have probably 40K posts on Jets' boards and under 1K on Patriots' boards.

• Upvote 2

This thread is awesome. I'm learning so many new things about my fellow posters, both enlightening and disturbing.

For those who don't know me, I'm usually hanging around the Lounge posting boobs and cats in the 100k thread (1.3 million views and counting; probably not because of the cats), which is a nice diversion for seasons when my beloved Jets suck. Needless to say, I've been posting through a lot of suck over the past few years.

I'm from Illinois, and became a Jets fan when I was a kid. I started liking New York teams (Jets/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees) because I didn't want to be like every other douchebag around this area who likes the Bulls/Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/etc. and thought I'd be cool by being different. The result since then has been years of futility and a lot of aggravation on game days. That's what I get for being a contrarian, I guess.

I think I've met maybe one or two other Jets fans from around here in my entire life, so JN is my outlet for socializing with people of common sports team interests and at this point I don't know where I'd go without it.

It's good to see all the new members as well. Drop on by and say hello or just kill some time looking at pictures.

• Upvote 1

This thread is awesome. I'm learning so many new things about my fellow posters, both enlightening and disturbing.

For those who don't know me, I'm usually hanging around the Lounge posting boobs and cats in the 100k thread (1.3 million views and counting; probably not because of the cats), which is a nice diversion for seasons when my beloved Jets suck. Needless to say, I've been posting through a lot of suck over the past few years.

I'm from Illinois, and became a Jets fan when I was a kid. I started liking New York teams (Jets/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees) because I didn't want to be like every other douchebag around this area who likes the Bulls/Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/etc. and thought I'd be cool by being different. The result since then has been years of futility and a lot of aggravation on game days. That's what I get for being a contrarian, I guess.

I think I've met maybe one or two other Jets fans from around here in my entire life, so JN is my outlet for socializing with people of common sports team interests and at this point I don't know where I'd go without it.

It's good to see all the new members as well. Drop on by and say hello or just kill some time looking at pictures.

Dude - We've had this discussion before - but you could have achieved consummate, off the charts, futility and simply been a Jets/Cubs fan.

There is no higher degree of masochism. 

There are a few of us here ... VanDoug, Gato, The Troll, and myself. 

I'm John - and like Bomb I'm in Illinois but in the Chicago burbs.

Been a Jets fan ever since Joe's prediction and SB lll but transferred out east for some years in the late 70's early 80's to set the hook.

Was on JI after I found out about team message boards as it too is my only link to other fans -  but came here with the first wave of immigrants. 

Have met a lot great people at different games around the states from here and the "old country" and welcome everyone to the best Jets site on the web.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1