Maxman

Introduce Yourself

My name is SAR I.

I have been posting online in discussion forums since 1994 back in the Usenet days in alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets for those that go back that far. When that went dead I found Jets Insider, a now defunct online forum that was great from 2004-2011 but went downhill very fast. I am a very popular poster. I do not ask for this popularity. I do not need this popularity. It just happens.

Unlike many other posters, I have a point of view and I express it. Others don't want to put their necks out that far. Others like to straddle the fence. Many other posters like to critique other posters. I dislike those types. I believe that a discussion forum is at its best when there is spirited debate that doesn't break down into personal attacks and character assasinations.

I have been a Jets fan since 1978. My first Jets game, wasn't a fan of the sport, was in the late 70's, saw Pat Leahy miss 5 field goals in the rain against the Bills at Shea and the Jets lost. My next Jets game I saw Richard Todd set the NFL record for passing completions in a game at Shea and the Jets lost. The first Jets game I saw when I was about to become a big fan was in 1981 when the Jets opened the season 0-3 and turned it around against the Oilers at Shea and the Jets won. From there, I haven't missed a Jets game live or in person, a streak of 33 years. Cut two honeymoon's short to see games, figured out how to stream games to China when I travel. I have an extensive collection of original Jets broadcasts that I recorded myself going back to the 80's on VHS and burned DVD's.

Grew up on Long Island, was on the season ticket holder wait list from 1988 to 2002 and my reward from the Jets for all that waiting was crap seats in the upper deck end zones. In the mid-90's I relocated from Manhatan to New Hampshire where I discovered eBay and paid $10,000 to a retired postal worker for his postcard transfering the rights to his Row 1 Mezzanine Seats in Giants Stadium over to me. Finally, after 13 years of waiting, I was a season ticket holder. From 2001 to 2010 I drove 10 hours round trip from NH to NJ to attend 5+ games a year, most of them painful losses, a few of them terrific wins. Also in that span I saw all 11 Jets Patriots games at Foxboro in full Jets gear. Proudly, I raised all of my kids born in New England at the apex of the Tom Brady dynasty as Jets fans.

In 2010 I moved back to the New York area, in Bergen County New Jersey this time, and paid an old-timer with Day 1 seniority $4,000 for him to get me Row 1 Mezzanine Seats in MetLife Stadium when the PSL's went on sale, finally had seats in my name without any worry. My kids and I attend regularly except when the team quits on Rex Ryan and we sell the tickets on Stubhub and stay home.

Discussion forums are a dying form of social media, what used to be the main reason to flock to them was to get the narrative of what the typical Jets fan thought after a game or even set the narrative yourself and now the likes of Twitter and Facebook give that to us often before the game is even over. What forums are now is a place to hang with cool Jets fans and I like the vibe of Jet Nation. God willing it will never turn into the mean-spirited personal-attack-fest that Jets Insider once was.

Lastly, rich people have feelings too.

SAR I

Any chance you can post the 51-45 dolphin game?

was at a bar in Nj saw this blonde girl wearing a jets jersey! kevins biggest fan! she asks me if im a Jets fan I say yes. She says

"DO YOU POST?" I didn't know what she meant. seems BrenJetsfan was the main recruiter back in the day. She asked me what I did and my name and said ok your now JIMFIRE on board. next day I joined.

have had season seats since 1982

with the terrible teams I was always given free tickets so that gave me the chance to take my 3 kids to plenty of games

so now they are suffering along with me

they have a better shot of eventually seeing a winner given their age!

best part of games for many years has been the tailgating

even though I moved to Sarasota I foolishy kept me season tickets and purchased the psl's thinking after all these years and getting a new stadium, I didn't want to be left standing on the dock when they finally make it.(what a mis calculation)

highlights

colts playoff game (never sent playoff money in like most others) wound up getting 8 on the rail in mezzanine!

jax playoff

going to Denver game 1998

a few special victories over the years

Monday night miracle (one of the few who stayed)

51-45 Miami

game after 9-11 (member of fire dept)

not a great resume!

love the sight

Thanks Phil!

Merry Christmas !!

was at a bar in Nj saw this blonde girl wearing a jets jersey! kevins biggest fan! she asks me if im a Jets fan I say yes. She says

"DO YOU POST?" I didn't know what she meant. seems BrenJetsfan was the main recruiter back in the day. She asked me what I did and my name and said ok your now JIMFIRE on board. next day I joined.

have had season seats since 1982

with the terrible teams I was always given free tickets so that gave me the chance to take my 3 kids to plenty of games

so now they are suffering along with me

they have a better shot of eventually seeing a winner given their age!

best part of games for many years has been the tailgating

even though I moved to Sarasota I foolishy kept me season tickets and purchased the psl's thinking after all these years and getting a new stadium, I didn't want to be left standing on the dock when they finally make it.(what a mis calculation)

highlights

colts playoff game (never sent playoff money in like most others) wound up getting 8 on the rail in mezzanine!

jax playoff

going to Denver game 1998

a few special victories over the years

Monday night miracle (one of the few who stayed)

51-45 Miami

game after 9-11 (member of fire dept)

not a great resume!

love the sight

Thanks Phil!

Merry Christmas !!

Jim! I remember that. Brenda was the best recruiter for the site. So funny!

was at a bar in Nj saw this blonde girl wearing a jets jersey! kevins biggest fan! she asks me if im a Jets fan I say yes. She says

"DO YOU POST?" I didn't know what she meant. seems BrenJetsfan was the main recruiter back in the day. She asked me what I did and my name and said ok your now JIMFIRE on board. next day I joined !!

Did you hit it?

Hey.  Christian here.  My dad became a Jets fan when he moved to NY in the early 80's with the sack exchange.  One of my earliest memories is "the spike".  Why did I stay a fan? 

I've been at JI since 2005 but now I need a new place to go.  I don't post much, but enjoy reading others opinions.

EM31 back for a flying visit.

Hi to all of my old acquaintances and I am sorry to see that you are currently suffering through an sg3 infection.  Never mind, there is life after popping the pimple.

Heck of a season eh?

I'm Jerry.   My hobbies are varied.  For the last year I've been resurrecting a scanning electron microscope I found at the university (MSU) surplus sale.  I finally have software, thanks to some generous people in europe.  I've tested all systems except vacuum and xray.   My roughing pump (Edwards e2m1) is getting ordered Jan1, and should pull the 10E-3 Torr required by my turbomolecular pump -- which will take it down to 10E-5. Fwiw, the vacuum of space is 10E-6 and lower, depending on where you are.  I'm still trying to come up with a 'remote' plan to test the xray system, since it runs about 20,000volts.  The tank on the top right is the Liquid Nitrogen (ln2) tank for the optional spectroscopy module.  If it works, it will tell me the top 5 or so elements withn the sample.  Not sure if it will detect isotopes (carbon 12 v carbon 14 for example).

PA080726_zpsffa0836e.jpg

Name is Lenny.  I'm 34 years old and had Jets season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old.  My father put me on the waiting list when I was 8 years old in 1988 and three years later I got pulled.  I have always tailgated in lot K and have season tickets in section 347. 

Before I had a very serious leg injury a couple years ago I had been to 105 straight home games.  I still attend every home game and even tailgated and went to the first half of the home opener despite the fact that my cousin had a wedding starting at 3 pm.  (Who has a wedding on a Sunday during football season?  It's just not right).

I've sat thru some great Jets games and some awful ones.  I stayed until the end of the Miracle of the Meadowlands game and were there for our only two playoff games during my time as a season ticket holder in 1998 and 2001.  I also sat thru the game against the Oilers in 1996 during the Rich Kotite era where we broke the NFL record for most no-shows when they kept track of that.

I've posted on a couple boards but my job doesn't allow me to log on all day long so at times I cannot keep up with all the conversation.  This place looks a lot better than the others so far.

I'm Jerry. My hobbies are varied. For the last year I've been resurrecting a scanning electron microscope I found at the university (MSU) surplus sale. I finally have software, thanks to some generous people in europe. I've tested all systems except vacuum and xray. My roughing pump (Edwards e2m1) is getting ordered Jan1, and should pull the 10E-3 Torr required by my turbomolecular pump -- which will take it down to 10E-5. Fwiw, the vacuum of space is 10E-6 and lower, depending on where you are. I'm still trying to come up with a 'remote' plan to test the xray system, since it runs about 20,000volts. The tank on the top right is the Liquid Nitrogen (ln2) tank for the optional spectroscopy module. If it works, it will tell me the top 5 or so elements withn the sample. Not sure if it will detect isotopes (carbon 12 v carbon 14 for example).

PA080726_zpsffa0836e.jpg

You're way too smart to be posting here.

Hello All, Andy from Queens. Been suffering since the 70's and still watching every game, every play as I did when I was 12.

JI-Scout is very quiet, nothing happening over there, figured I'd "seek out new life and new civilizations" ....

Great screen name, my man. Come, embarrass the pro-Rex holdouts.

I am hoping that Monday is the second greatest day in Jets history, only after SB 3. Rex is absolutely horrible for this team.

All of the Rex lovers sit around dreaming about how good Rex would be with a great QB, while Rex sits around dreaming about great CB's. He has no interest, in fact, I think he would rather not have a high scoring offense. His defense would get exposed far worse than it already does, because opposing teams would play more aggressively. His having a weak offense makes his overrated defense look better than it actually is.

I am hoping that Monday is the second greatest day in Jets history, only after SB 3. Rex is absolutely horrible for this team.

All of the Rex lovers sit around dreaming about how good Rex would be with a great QB, while Rex sits around dreaming about great CB's. He has no interest, in fact, I think he would rather not have a high scoring offense. His defense would get exposed far worse than it already does, because opposing teams would play more aggressively. His having a weak offense makes his overrated defense look better than it actually is.

Marry me.

Dcat here.  Used to post on JI and NYJetschat.  Started posting on Jets message boards back in 1996 on usenet (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets), where I went under the handle "tutor".  JI is dead.  Scout sucks dirty balls. NYJetschat is a site exclusively for Jets haters (if you are a true fan, you will be cursed at and ridiculed there).  So by default, here I am.  Hoping this place doesn't suck as bad as the others. So far, so good.

I've been a Jets fan since 1967.  Started attending games at Shea in 1968 at the age of 9.  Originally from Forest Hills, Queens and now in NW NJ.  Happy New Year to all.

Dcat here. Used to post on JI and NYJetschat. Started posting on Jets message boards back in 1996 on usenet (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets), where I went under the handle "tutor". JI is dead. Scout sucks dirty balls. NYJetschat is a site exclusively for Jets haters (if you are a true fan, you will be cursed at and ridiculed there). So by default, here I am. Hoping this place doesn't suck as bad as the others. So far, so good.

I've been a Jets fan since 1967. Started attending games at Shea in 1968 at the age of 9. Originally from Forest Hills, Queens and now in NW NJ. Happy New Year to all.

Glad to see you here Dave.

Dcat here.  Used to post on JI and NYJetschat.  Started posting on Jets message boards back in 1996 on usenet (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets), where I went under the handle "tutor".  JI is dead.  Scout sucks dirty balls. NYJetschat is a site exclusively for Jets haters (if you are a true fan, you will be cursed at and ridiculed there).  So by default, here I am.  Hoping this place doesn't suck as bad as the others. So far, so good.

I've been a Jets fan since 1967.  Started attending games at Shea in 1968 at the age of 9.  Originally from Forest Hills, Queens and now in NW NJ.  Happy New Year to all.

Welcome. There are a bunch of us from the NW New Jersey area, Sussex County specifically. If you ever want to grab a beer, I'll rally the troops. 

JetNation: My Fourth Choice

Love the new slogan

JetNation: My Fourth Choice

Love the new slogan

LOL.  I guess it kind of sounds like that, but that wasn't the intent.  

These boards evolve and change as time goes on.  Usenet died when websites became advanced and easily allowed pics, GIFs and other bells and whistles that Usenet didn't permit.  I used to post on the NY Times message board, but the Times closed it down because the Times' moderator hated some of the people who posted there and they hated her.  The closure of the NY Times Jets message board led to the birth of NYJetschat.com which has since evolved into a derisive, anti-Jets f-ckfest that is insufferable right now.  It's owner is a really good guy and he is miserable about what that mess of a site has become.  He will likely shut it down this year.  Then of course, you had JI, the biggest and most popular Jets fan site.  Unfortunately its owner leased it out to the antiquated Scout for a reported $19,000. And by the way, he promised refunds to premium members who weren't happy with the move.  I asked for my money back but I'm still waiting for my $30 refund.   Fleeced.  

No doubt that this site too has evolved through its years and will continue to do so.   Happy to be here. And as of now it is 1st choice, not 4th.

LOL.  I guess it kind of sounds like that, but that wasn't the intent.  

These boards evolve and change as time goes on.  Usenet died when websites became advanced and easily allowed pics, GIFs and other bells and whistles that Usenet didn't permit.  I used to post on the NY Times message board, but the Times closed it down because the Times' moderator hated some of the people who posted there and they hated her.  The closure of the NY Times Jets message board led to the birth of NYJetschat.com which has since evolved into a derisive, anti-Jets f-ckfest that is insufferable right now.  It's owner is a really good guy and he is miserable about what that mess of a site has become.  He will likely shut it down this year.  Then of course, you had JI, the biggest and most popular Jets fan site.  Unfortunately its owner leased it out to the antiquated Scout for a reported $19,000. And by the way, he promised refunds to premium members who weren't happy with the move.  I asked for my money back but I'm still waiting for my $30 refund.   Fleeced.  

No doubt that this site too has evolved through its years and will continue to do so.   Happy to be here. And as of now it is 1st choice, not 4th.

As you know, I took the same path here, except I made a left at JetNation after Max, T0m, & friends crashed our party at NYJetsChat for a couple days, rather than making the right at JI. Glad our paths are crossing again. :)

As you know, I took the same path here, except I made a left at JetNation after Max, T0m, & friends crashed our party at NYJetsChat for a couple days, rather than making the right at JI. Glad our paths are crossing again. :)

Thanks Slats.  We should try to bring Kay Sahag. over too.  

Thanks Slats.  We should try to bring Kay Sahag. over too.

If NYJC is crashing and burning like you say, I'd love to get him and Meddle over here, too.