Introduce Yourself

Maxman

Great screen name, my man. Come, embarrass the pro-Rex holdouts.

I am hoping that Monday is the second greatest day in Jets history, only after SB 3. Rex is absolutely horrible for this team.

All of the Rex lovers sit around dreaming about how good Rex would be with a great QB, while Rex sits around dreaming about great CB's. He has no interest, in fact, I think he would rather not have a high scoring offense. His defense would get exposed far worse than it already does, because opposing teams would play more aggressively. His having a weak offense makes his overrated defense look better than it actually is.

I am hoping that Monday is the second greatest day in Jets history, only after SB 3. Rex is absolutely horrible for this team.

All of the Rex lovers sit around dreaming about how good Rex would be with a great QB, while Rex sits around dreaming about great CB's. He has no interest, in fact, I think he would rather not have a high scoring offense. His defense would get exposed far worse than it already does, because opposing teams would play more aggressively. His having a weak offense makes his overrated defense look better than it actually is.

Marry me.

Dcat here.  Used to post on JI and NYJetschat.  Started posting on Jets message boards back in 1996 on usenet (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets), where I went under the handle "tutor".  JI is dead.  Scout sucks dirty balls. NYJetschat is a site exclusively for Jets haters (if you are a true fan, you will be cursed at and ridiculed there).  So by default, here I am.  Hoping this place doesn't suck as bad as the others. So far, so good.

I've been a Jets fan since 1967.  Started attending games at Shea in 1968 at the age of 9.  Originally from Forest Hills, Queens and now in NW NJ.  Happy New Year to all.

• Upvote 2

Dcat here. Used to post on JI and NYJetschat. Started posting on Jets message boards back in 1996 on usenet (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets), where I went under the handle "tutor". JI is dead. Scout sucks dirty balls. NYJetschat is a site exclusively for Jets haters (if you are a true fan, you will be cursed at and ridiculed there). So by default, here I am. Hoping this place doesn't suck as bad as the others. So far, so good.

I've been a Jets fan since 1967. Started attending games at Shea in 1968 at the age of 9. Originally from Forest Hills, Queens and now in NW NJ. Happy New Year to all.

Glad to see you here Dave.

Dcat here.  Used to post on JI and NYJetschat.  Started posting on Jets message boards back in 1996 on usenet (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets), where I went under the handle "tutor".  JI is dead.  Scout sucks dirty balls. NYJetschat is a site exclusively for Jets haters (if you are a true fan, you will be cursed at and ridiculed there).  So by default, here I am.  Hoping this place doesn't suck as bad as the others. So far, so good.

I've been a Jets fan since 1967.  Started attending games at Shea in 1968 at the age of 9.  Originally from Forest Hills, Queens and now in NW NJ.  Happy New Year to all.

Welcome. There are a bunch of us from the NW New Jersey area, Sussex County specifically. If you ever want to grab a beer, I'll rally the troops. 

JetNation: My Fourth Choice

Love the new slogan

JetNation: My Fourth Choice

Love the new slogan

LOL.  I guess it kind of sounds like that, but that wasn't the intent.  

These boards evolve and change as time goes on.  Usenet died when websites became advanced and easily allowed pics, GIFs and other bells and whistles that Usenet didn't permit.  I used to post on the NY Times message board, but the Times closed it down because the Times' moderator hated some of the people who posted there and they hated her.  The closure of the NY Times Jets message board led to the birth of NYJetschat.com which has since evolved into a derisive, anti-Jets f-ckfest that is insufferable right now.  It's owner is a really good guy and he is miserable about what that mess of a site has become.  He will likely shut it down this year.  Then of course, you had JI, the biggest and most popular Jets fan site.  Unfortunately its owner leased it out to the antiquated Scout for a reported $19,000. And by the way, he promised refunds to premium members who weren't happy with the move.  I asked for my money back but I'm still waiting for my $30 refund.   Fleeced.  

No doubt that this site too has evolved through its years and will continue to do so.   Happy to be here. And as of now it is 1st choice, not 4th.

• Upvote 1

LOL.  I guess it kind of sounds like that, but that wasn't the intent.  

These boards evolve and change as time goes on.  Usenet died when websites became advanced and easily allowed pics, GIFs and other bells and whistles that Usenet didn't permit.  I used to post on the NY Times message board, but the Times closed it down because the Times' moderator hated some of the people who posted there and they hated her.  The closure of the NY Times Jets message board led to the birth of NYJetschat.com which has since evolved into a derisive, anti-Jets f-ckfest that is insufferable right now.  It's owner is a really good guy and he is miserable about what that mess of a site has become.  He will likely shut it down this year.  Then of course, you had JI, the biggest and most popular Jets fan site.  Unfortunately its owner leased it out to the antiquated Scout for a reported $19,000. And by the way, he promised refunds to premium members who weren't happy with the move.  I asked for my money back but I'm still waiting for my $30 refund.   Fleeced.  

No doubt that this site too has evolved through its years and will continue to do so.   Happy to be here. And as of now it is 1st choice, not 4th.

As you know, I took the same path here, except I made a left at JetNation after Max, T0m, & friends crashed our party at NYJetsChat for a couple days, rather than making the right at JI. Glad our paths are crossing again. :)

As you know, I took the same path here, except I made a left at JetNation after Max, T0m, & friends crashed our party at NYJetsChat for a couple days, rather than making the right at JI. Glad our paths are crossing again. :)

Thanks Slats.  We should try to bring Kay Sahag. over too.  

If NYJC is crashing and burning like you say, I'd love to get him and Meddle over here, too.

All I know is that Mave said he is disgusted.  When I told him I was leaving, he said that he might as well shut it down.  We'll see if he renews his message board agreement with the host.  Inertia can be a very powerful force.

All I know is that Mave said he is disgusted.  When I told him I was leaving, he said that he might as well shut it down.  We'll see if he renews his message board agreement with the host.  Inertia can be a very powerful force.

Welcome aboard Dave.  I didn't know Maven was disgusted  over there but not surprised one bit.   I like Mark alot, he's a good guy and tolerates things a bit too much but that can be both a good trait or bad trait depending on the situation.  I've been working a lot and there are many things that occupy my time and while I do check in @ NYJC as like I said...I respect Mark and want to support him.  I visit a few other sites..this one included and it's nice to see you've landed here.  I see some familiar names from years ago and that's a good thing.  I'll try to post more and I always enjoy reading your posts as they are very informative  and come from the heart and that's all one can ask for.

cheers Dave! nice seeing you here.

I am SouthernJet. I am current;y in Witness protection but log on from tome to time at random Starbuck's hotspots.

Been a NFL fan since 1960 in Buffalo, then 4 years later at age 11 moved to Waldwick NJ where my Dad started bringing me to Jets games cause he knew I missed going to Bills games (no TV coverage, internet of your fave teams back then) Namath drafted, rest is history.

Both sons claim they are now cursed by me turning them into Jets fans.

Came to JN because Stoolsprayer and his Limo Driver didnt like me. Been in Raleigh NC since 1983. This is my 42nd year at IBM. 

Greetings JET Nation! Without completely boring everyone, the low down on myself is I'm born and raised in Texas, played college ball at Texas Tech in Lubbock Texas. My father grew up in Deep Park, Long Island so I grew up a JET fan and continue to be one. 

I live in Dallas now and have been here 12 years! I LOATH Jerry Jones and as a result the Cowboys. It's tough being a JET fan in Texas however, I've got the balls and moxie to pull it off! 

Hate to see Rex leave because I like him and love the defense he puts on the field however, I want to WIN and being a Texas Tech fan I want to see some offense. We score here, and score A LOT!

Look forward to seeing the New York version of the Air Raid in 2015! 

Pound the link below to see what an AIR RAID looks like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMCo1FI7NK8

Greetings JET Nation! Without completely boring everyone, the low down on myself is I'm born and raised in Texas, played college ball at Texas Tech in Lubbock Texas. My father grew up in Deep Park, Long Island so I grew up a JET fan and continue to be one. 

I live in Dallas now and have been here 12 years! I LOATH Jerry Jones and as a result the Cowboys. It's tough being a JET fan in Texas however, I've got the balls and moxie to pull it off! 

Hate to see Rex leave because I like him and love the defense he puts on the field however, I want to WIN and being a Texas Tech fan I want to see some offense. We score here, and score A LOT!

Look forward to seeing the New York version of the Air Raid in 2015! 

Pound the link below to see what an AIR RAID looks like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMCo1FI7NK8

isnt spread/air raid good at college level cause it exploits the wek CBs/safetys etc. Most college teams send 0-3 guys tops to NFL every year.

In NFL there arent many 'weak spots' for the spread/air raid to be at 'same level'. every NFL player was All SEC. ALL Pac10 etc etc

Plus defenses would be on field a helluva lot of time as average offensive drives are lightening fast.. Plus God forbid a 3 and out, the D is back in 60 seconds LOL

welcome to JN :)

SJ, you're correct.. I wouldn't expect to see truer AIR RAID at the NFL level however, examples at this level would be Seattle, Indianapolis, Dallas (unfortunately), Arizona with C Palmer.. I guess my point was something that truly opened the offense up and utilizing the entire field. Damn tired of seeing the JETS under 17 points every freakin week. 

SJ, you're correct.. I wouldn't expect to see truer AIR RAID at the NFL level however, examples at this level would be Seattle, Indianapolis, Dallas (unfortunately), Arizona with C Palmer.. I guess my point was something that truly opened the offense up and utilizing the entire field. Damn tired of seeing the JETS under 17 points every freakin week. 

agree, but think the under 17 is cause of horrific QB play. Both Sanchez and Geno cant find secondary or terciary WRs . aka cant go thru progressions fast and smart. If Geno could Amaro would have had crazy numbers this year

I am a longtime Jet fan and a true New Yorker. I was raised in Harlem in the sixties and left when I was near 12 years

old and moved to the Bronx. I love sports and played everything but Hockey. Sorry can't skate and I leave that for the

Canadians. I became a Jet fan when Joe Willie Namath got drafted. Joe and Mickey Mantle was every young boys idol in

NY back then. I was one of them. I remember listening on the radio when the Jets won the Super Bowl. We all know Joe was

a playboy back then and he hung out at a popular neighborhood night club on 116 St. in Harlem. This is where my

godmother happened to know the owners and got to meet Joe and she told him about me and if she could get his

autograph and write something for me. The only problem, the only thing that she had on her for him to autograph was

money so he signed a dollar bill thanking me for being his number 1 fan. Now my bad news that dollar bill is out

there after it became missing from my house. I am still sick about it but this dollar bill is out there with my

name. One other note about me is I been an avid college football junkie ever since I could remember and one of

my hobbies was filling out big boards and mocking drafts and evaluating talent way before Kiper. Early 1970s I remember

looking at players like Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt, Joe Washington and thinking where they will be drafted. Later

Joel Buschbaum came out with Football weekly and I compared my notes with his. I was pretty good in picking players.

Jerry Rice out of Mississippi Valley caught my eye in an all star game and I tried getting information on him and

remembering his play and I said this player is going to do good in the NFL. I have been pretty good on my predictions

and my kids get a kick out of it how successful I am. Yeah there been some clunkers but in general I have been right

more times than none. Two famous Jet picks back in the day that I was all in or all out was Mark Gastineau that I

watched in the Hula Bowl and jumped out of my seat when they drafted him. Then we go to one famous one that got me

sick and there was a few back then but this one took the cake. Johnny Lam Jones out of Texas A&M was a track star

and not a football player. That was a terrible pick. So hopefully in this draft we don't pick a Sanchez or a

Smith. Sanchez should of not came out of college early since he need to refine some of his throws and Smith is just

not a good QB. So this is a little about me and one other thing. Some others on this board are talking about

Doug Marrone coming to the Jets. We went to the same high school in the Bronx as I graduated before him and

he was coached by a legendary high school football coach and than went to Syracuse. I will be all in for

this as he will bring instant toughness to this team. Hopefully I will see a Super Bowl trophy coming soon. It

has been way too long.

I'm on your side SJ! I just feel NEW blood and an OFFENSIVE minded HC will make us extremely happy... Lots of options, the "D" will be the main stay. We need a homerun here... NO OldTimers man, young blood for sure... My take is Darrell Bevell from Seattle, great choice, not a high price. Contract would be incentive based. A few others out there but trust me , we NEED Young Bloods that have NUTS the size of TEXAS... 

I'm Starting a new thread boys on this topic as tho is a meet and greet! 

I'm on your side SJ! I just feel NEW blood and an OFFENSIVE minded HC will make us extremely happy... Lots of options, the "D" will be the main stay. We need a homerun here... NO OldTimers man, young blood for sure... My take is Darrell Bevell from Seattle, great choice, not a high price. Contract would be incentive based. A few others out there but trust me , we NEED Young Bloods that have NUTS the size of TEXAS... 

I'm Starting a new thread boys on this topic as tho is a meet and greet! 

good thoughts :)

I am a longtime Jet fan and a true New Yorker. I was raised in Harlem in the sixties and left when I was near 12 years

old and moved to the Bronx. I love sports and played everything but Hockey. Sorry can't skate and I leave that for the

Canadians. I became a Jet fan when Joe Willie Namath got drafted. Joe and Mickey Mantle was every young boys idol in

NY back then. I was one of them. I remember listening on the radio when the Jets won the Super Bowl. We all know Joe was

a playboy back then and he hung out at a popular neighborhood night club on 116 St. in Harlem. This is where my

godmother happened to know the owners and got to meet Joe and she told him about me and if she could get his

autograph and write something for me. The only problem, the only thing that she had on her for him to autograph was

money so he signed a dollar bill thanking me for being his number 1 fan. Now my bad news that dollar bill is out

there after it became missing from my house. I am still sick about it but this dollar bill is out there with my

name. One other note about me is I been an avid college football junkie ever since I could remember and one of

my hobbies was filling out big boards and mocking drafts and evaluating talent way before Kiper. Early 1970s I remember

looking at players like Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt, Joe Washington and thinking where they will be drafted. Later

Joel Buschbaum came out with Football weekly and I compared my notes with his. I was pretty good in picking players.

Jerry Rice out of Mississippi Valley caught my eye in an all star game and I tried getting information on him and

remembering his play and I said this player is going to do good in the NFL. I have been pretty good on my predictions

and my kids get a kick out of it how successful I am. Yeah there been some clunkers but in general I have been right

more times than none. Two famous Jet picks back in the day that I was all in or all out was Mark Gastineau that I

watched in the Hula Bowl and jumped out of my seat when they drafted him. Then we go to one famous one that got me

sick and there was a few back then but this one took the cake. Johnny Lam Jones out of Texas A&M was a track star

and not a football player. That was a terrible pick. So hopefully in this draft we don't pick a Sanchez or a

Smith. Sanchez should of not came out of college early since he need to refine some of his throws and Smith is just

not a good QB. So this is a little about me and one other thing. Some others on this board are talking about

Doug Marrone coming to the Jets. We went to the same high school in the Bronx as I graduated before him and

he was coached by a legendary high school football coach and than went to Syracuse. I will be all in for

this as he will bring instant toughness to this team. Hopefully I will see a Super Bowl trophy coming soon. It

has been way too long.

welcome aboard :)

When of my early memories of JetNation was Gainzo walking up to me and my then young son at a tailgate. He says to my son, "Your Dad banned me". I think to myself oh crap this should be interesting. Then Gainzo tells my son, "Your Dad was right though".

One of my favorite Patriots fans right here!

Isn't that what JN is all about? Everyone "fights" online but we are all cool in person?

Hello Everyone, I am new this board.  I used to be Jet Black on Jets Insiders forum.  

Although this is my first post I have been a long time lurker... what, not sure if I like how that sounds, lol.  

One thing I noticed is that you guys seem to have more fun on this board and don't seem to take everything so seriously like they did on the other board.  I am looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Happy New Year fellow Jet Fans! 

• Upvote 1

Hello Everyone, I am new this board.  I used to be Jet Black on Jets Insiders forum.  

Although this is my first post I have been a long time lurker... what, not sure if I like how that sounds, lol.  

One thing I noticed is that you guys seem to have more fun on this board and don't seem to take everything so seriously like they did on the other board.  I am looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Happy New Year fellow Jet Fans! 

Welcome! Jump right in, the water is fine. 

• Upvote 1