Introduce Yourself

Maxman

Jets fan since 2003. I have seen more losing seasons  then winning seasons. My favorite Jets players of all time are Curtis Martin and Wayne Chrebet because of all the pride they played with while wearing the Jets jersey. I hope to one day see the Jets win a superbowl somehow someway they will win it all. The most memorable Jets playoff victory I have seen so far is that win @ New England in the divisional round in 2011. I try to go to 1 game a season. Hopefully the Bowles and Maccagnan Era is a great one because the Rex Ryan era was a disappointment. I also watch a lot of college football especially Rutgers Football because they win most of the time and they win bowl game championships.Lastly just like every other Jets fan I cannot stand the New England Patriots because of Bill Belicheat and Brady. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Hi, My name is Evan.  I have been a Jets fan for about 46 years.  My greatest memory is being at the Jets AFC Championship game in 1968 when the Jets beat the Raiders, sitting at the 35 yard line, 12 rows from the field.

Low points being a Jets fan:  too many to count, but #1 is losing to Miami in the Mudbowl, #2 almost beating Cleveland in the playoffs and would have won had it not been for Mark Gastineau committing a late game personal penalty against the Cleveland QB when we were up by 10 points with only several minutes to go in the game on 4th down.  #3 You play to not lose the game, Herm Edwards running the ball 3 times on 2 occasions so we can fail on kicking 48 yard field goals against the Steelers in the playoffs and losing.

Most overrated player ever to play for the Jets:   Mark Gastineau. (The guy could care less about making tackles; only cared about sacks.

Most underrated player ever to play for the Jets:  Mickey Shuler; the guy just made plays all the time.

Greatest player in the history of the NFL not in the Hall of Fame:  Joe Klecko.  (Note: Joe is the only player in the history of the NFL to make the pro bowl at three different positions, and the second greatest player ever to play for the Jets after Joe Namath)

I'm Bob.

Say it right. You're a former legendary law man/moderator at jetsinsider. You and jet moses were masterful trolls on jetshaters back in the 90's and your old call signal was Bob the Jets Fan™. You were most notable for inventing the legendary warper, which was sold to yahoo in 2009 for a whopping 1 billion dollars US during the buyout of geocities by yahoo.

The warper was the key to Rex's great playoff runs. Bob the Jets Fan™ A true pioneer for Jets message boards.

Say it right. You're a former legendary law man/moderator at jetsinsider. You and jet moses were masterful trolls on jetshaters back in the 90's and your old call signal was Bob the Jets Fan™. You were most notable for inventing the legendary warper, which was sold to yahoo in 2009 for a whopping 1 billion dollars US during the buyout of geocities by yahoo.

The warper was the key to Rex's great playoff runs. Bob the Jets Fan™ A true pioneer for Jets message boards.

u might have invented the warper if u werent always stufffing whoppers down your gullet

• Upvote 1

Whats up fellas my name is Hoz & I'm a diehard jets fan that's optimistic about this up & coming season I been a fan for 30 yrs and some of you may have seen me on thejetsblog.com I'm looking forward to discussing the Jets with you guys as I'm seeing that this is a great site.

I guess it's time I do this.

Been a member here since the Summer of 2008, about a month before Brett The Jet flew into town. (Even though I was excited, I always said I would have had absolutely no reservations about Favre coming here if we had of got him for at least 2 years)

Anyway, I posted about me becoming a Jet fan at 12 years old a couple weeks ago in another thread, so I'll just c&p what I said about it there, here:

"I became a serious fan of the NFL and a Jet fan on September 11th, 1986 to be exact, week 2 where we lost to the Patsies 20-6 in a primetime Thursday night game. A lot of my family are Patsie fans including my Father and I remember making a $2 bet with him on the game that the Jets would beat them. Been a fan ever since. I guess that night was a sign of things to come as a Jets fan lol. It was a nice year to be a new Jets fan though like you said. I was 12 years old in '86 and I'm now going into my 29th year as a fan and I couldn't imagine cheering for another team (that is unless it benefits the Jets in some way). "

Besides the Jets, I'm a Mets, Rangers & Lakers fan when it comes to the other "big 3" sports. Besides my Dad being a diehard Rangers fan, I grew up alone in my fandom of those 4 teams when it came to my friends and family.

I try not to brag.

• Upvote 1

I am new to the forum, but have been a Jet fan since the sixties. I live in Florida and will be retiring in June. I attend a few Jet home games, but once I'm retired I'd like to attend more. I'm looking to hook up with some tailgaters before the game and meet some fellow Jet fans. If you tailgate with a group I'd love to hear from you and what the preface routine for tailgate groups is. Looking forward to the 2015 season and getting together with other Jet fans.

I am new to the forum, but have been a Jet fan since the sixties. I live in Florida and will be retiring in June. I attend a few Jet home games, but once I'm retired I'd like to attend more. I'm looking to hook up with some tailgaters before the game and meet some fellow Jet fans. If you tailgate with a group I'd love to hear from you and what the preface routine for tailgate groups is. Looking forward to the 2015 season and getting together with other Jet fans.

Welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting story. But makes you wonder what other great souls reside in this forum.

Zdrastvuy, Sergey.  :biggrin:

Privet! (hello on russian, like zdravstvuy :) )

Are you RussianGreen's brother?

Yes! J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! Jets! 

I'm one of the most active members of the russian community,  write articles about nfl, previews, and now i starting write blog about jets on russian.

• Upvote 1

I'm one of the most active members of the russian community,  write articles about nfl, previews, and now i starting write blog about jets on russian.

Слишком плохой жиклеры, не очень хороший футбол.

Thanks for signing up. I have a quick question for you.

On TV it really seemed like the Russian people truly embraced Rocky when he beat Ivan Drago. Was that true?

:)

• Upvote 1

Me:  Hi My name JetFanTransplant, and I'm a Jets fan.

Forum: Hi JetFanTransplant!

Me: It's been 2.5 years since my last login to JetsNation

Forum: Welcome back.

Me: Every day is a struggle, but I continue to persevere.

Forum: The struggle is real.

Me: Indeed... the struggle is real...

Greetings from Angola, Africa.  Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Me: Hi My name JetFanTransplant, and I'm a Jets fan.

Forum: Hi JetFanTransplant!

Me: It's been 2.5 years since my last login to JetsNation

Forum: Welcome back.

Me: Every day is a struggle, but I continue to persevere.

Forum: The struggle is real.

Me: Indeed... the struggle is real...

Greetings from Angola, Africa. Cheers.

Welcome back

Will soon introduce myself to you guys and how I was close to beeing a Giants fan instead of a Jets fan. Could have witnessed my team winning two Super Bowls,but never regretted of being a Jets fan a single time since then. Made my girlfriend and friends becoming Jets fans too and how I responded to them when I was asked if I'm still watching Jets games due to our most horrible season in recent history.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening. My name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

I'm a new, longtime poster... Do you remember me?

It's Lionel Joseph from the African Education Conference. I was director of cultural events at the Haile Selassie Pavilion, we had big fun there. Boo-bwele-Boo-bwele-Boo-bwele-ah-HA.. A-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yo there, been visiting this site regularly for the past six years, but never signed up for I'm an incredibly insecure and shy individual. Finally got the courage to do so and interact and I don't regret it.

A big thanks to Max for birthing this beautiful haven and for continuing to treat it (along with all the users) with love, care, and respect.

And a thanks to all the FABULOUS mods for keeping it nice and shiny and friendly for newcomers.

I hope to stick around for a while and share, with all of you, in everything that comes with being a Jets fan:  the joy, the misery, the laughter, the tears, the excitement, the anger, the on-the-edge-of-your-seats-moments, the heartache, and, of course, the misery.

With that being said: J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! GO JETS! **** YEAH!

• Upvote 3

Yo there, been visiting this site regularly for the past six years, but never signed up for I'm an incredibly insecure and shy individual. Finally got the courage to do so and interact and I don't regret it.

A big thanks to Max for birthing this beautiful haven and for continuing to treat it (along with all the users) with love, care, and respect.

And a thanks to all the FABULOUS mods for keeping it nice and shiny and friendly for newcomers.

I hope to stick around for a while and share, with all of you, in everything that comes with being a Jets fan: the joy, the misery, the laughter, the tears, the excitement, the anger, the on-the-edge-of-your-seats-moments, the heartache, and, of course, the misery.

With that being said: J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! GO JETS! **** YEAH!

If anyone bothers you here let me know. I'm not a mod. I won't do anything about it. I just need a good laugh.

• Upvote 1