Introduce Yourself

Maxman

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hi everyone. I just joined today. Thanks to my dad, I've been a fan of the Jets since the early 80's. I'm living up here in Syracuse, NY. I hope to be a quality contributor to JetNation. I'm really looking forward to the game this Sunday vs the Colts. Hope we can keep stacking the wins together. Go Jets!

Back to the Ken O'Brien days! Nice.

Thanks for signing up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good morning everyone! I've been a lurker for a while, but decided to join the board. I am a long life Vikings fan, but also consider myself a Jets lifer (I just didn't see many Jets games after moving away), but they stayed in my heart. Haha. Since I bought  the Sunday ticket years ago, I have been watching them at my leisure. So, I decided to join to be a part of the family (this board) due to the fresh start within the franchise. I am excited about the future. I look forward to great convos with all of yous.

Peace and love.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 3:18 PM, Wonderboy said:

New to this forum. Looks like a great site. Fan since I was a lil toddler. My sister's boyfriend was a huge Joe Namath fan and I've been one since. LETS GO JETS!!!!!

Welcome aboard brother Jets fan!  Don't take things too seriously here.  

• Sympathy 1

• 4 months later...

Hello All 

60 year old Jet Fan here that has been following this team since they were the Titans ( my Dad brought me to the Polo Grounds way back when I was 4 years old) Was a season ticket holder for 20 years Section  26 row J seats one and two at Shea Gave them up after Kotites first season  but still remain a loyal fan Looking forward to discussing our beloved Green and White. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, CSNY said:

Hello All 

60 year old Jet Fan here that has been following this team since they were the Titans ( my Dad brought me to the Polo Grounds way back when I was 4 years old) Was a season ticket holder for 20 years Section  26 row J seats one and two at Shea Gave them up after Kotites first season  but still remain a loyal fan Looking forward to discussing our beloved Green and White. 

Rock on, CSNY.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

?

It's official. I missed you guys. 

Good to see you around here again. Dust off the keyboard and start talking Jets they are good now. Oh wait, no they are the same as when you left. Possibly worse, lol.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, Maxman said:

Good to see you around here again. Dust off the keyboard and start talking Jets they are good now. Oh wait, no they are the same as when you left. Possibly worse, lol.

Funny story. I found one of my infamous rants from 2012 on here. Ironically if I copied and pasted it, it would still be 100% accurate. 

We all need psych meds for this team. LOL

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I joined a few years ago and was finally sober enough to figure out how to reset my password.  

I've been an addict since 1965. I thought I could be satisfied with watching the Giants run the ball over and over and over again. Turns out 3 yards and a cloud of dust was a gateway drug. One day I tuned into NBC channel 4, I only remember it was channel 4 because we had 4 channels back then. There was this guy with flowing long hair and white shoes throwing the ball all over the field.  It was disturbing.  I talked to a priest about how I was feeling.  It got so creepy I had to leave the church. The first SB was free. As we all learn in life nothing is really free.  The crash and endless longing for another winner was horrible.  It destroyed my family, friendships and impacted my work. Monday depressions were dragging into Friday's until eventually I would do anything. I actually convinced myself that Mark Sanchez was a great QB and Rex Ryan was the second coming of Vince Lombardi.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I moved to Arizona and was doing pretty good until one day I was invited to a Cardinal's game by an old friend. They had this head coach who said "No risk it no biscuit". Coming from NYC, I didn't really know what that folksy BS meant. I thought it was something toothless Joe's from the Carolina's ate on Sunday morning.  I started having hot flashes watching Palmer throwing the ball long 25 times a game. The old addiction had started to rear it's ugly head. I wasn't as invested but my pupils were dilated something wicked. (Obscure Pats/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics reference) The Cardinals finally broke me last offseason with the signing of Sam Bradford and the hiring of Mike McCoy as their OC. Anyone can kick 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm watching the draft, placing bets on NBA games, drinking Scotch and checking the power ball payout when the Darnold falls to the Jets... 

Thanks for listening and if you see my at the bar placing bets, help a fella out and set me up with a bottle.  

• Post of the Week 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name's Eddie. I was born, and raised a die hard Jets fan, by my father, another die hard. I'm originally from West Islip N.Y., which is on Long Island. I moved to South Florida in 2001. I attend many jet/dolphin games, and it's truly awesome to see the green, and white most always take over Sun Life stadium. Go JETS!

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Jetfan4life78 said:

Hi, my name's Eddie. I was born, and raised a die hard Jets fan, by my father, another die hard. I'm originally from West Islip N.Y., which is on Long Island. I moved to South Florida in 2001. I attend many jet/dolphin games, and it's truly awesome to see the green, and white most always take over Sun Life stadium. Go JETS!

Welcome to the insane asylum.  Advisory:  There is no turning back once you enter.

What's up everyone, my name is Jaye and I've been a lifelong Knicks & Yanks fan but never fully committed to a football team until last year. I grew up in a Curtis Martin jersey and I've practically been a fake Jets fan all my life but for some reason last year I decided to just commit. I've been to a few Jets game as a kid and plan on being a season ticket holder soon. I'm extremely optimistic when it comes to young players and I look forward to Joey Dougs turning this ship around.

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site. I've been a Jets fan since 1998 and a season ticket holder for 4 years (shoutout Section 325!) Originally from Bergen County, but now I live in the city and get to all the games by NJ Transit.

Unfortunately for me, all of my friends are Giants fans, so I joined here so I could finally talk Jets with some fellow fans. Looking forward to discussing free agency and hopefully JD is the savior we spent 50 years hoping for.

So with all that said Go Jets and enjoy this old tune from the Joe Namath days! 

• Upvote 3

On 3/18/2020 at 8:23 PM, JerseyJetFan2880 said:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site. I've been a Jets fan since 1998 and a season ticket holder for 4 years (shoutout Section 325!) Originally from Bergen County, but now I live in the city and get to all the games by NJ Transit.

Unfortunately for me, all of my friends are Giants fans, so I joined here so I could finally talk Jets with some fellow fans. Looking forward to discussing free agency and hopefully JD is the savior we spent 50 years hoping for.

So with all that said Go Jets and enjoy this old tune from the Joe Namath days! 

Im from Queens but transplanted to NJ in the 80's.  Yeah.... compared to NYC and LI, where there have always been a large % Jets fans, Northern NJ was and still is Giants territory.  Maybe a small change over the past 10 years since the move from Hofstra, but not a whole lot.  This is the place for you

• 5 weeks later...

Hi...joined a couple of months ago but only just found this introduce yourself thread (my bad)...long distance Jets fan living in Shropshire, UK...been following them since UK TV started showing the game in the early 80’s...never been to a game as I’ve only ever been to NY in the summer or I’ve been there working...maybe one day...

On 4/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, Russh29 said:

Hi...joined a couple of months ago but only just found this introduce yourself thread (my bad)...long distance Jets fan living in Shropshire, UK...been following them since UK TV started showing the game in the early 80’s...never been to a game as I’ve only ever been to NY in the summer or I’ve been there working...maybe one day...

Thanks for signing up. Nice to meet you.

Maybe some day when we are all allowed to see humans again you can tailgate with us on a trip to the states.  :)