Maxman

Introduce Yourself

On 5/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, Tezza said:

I am a complete dingus ...I made this post on the main forum and did not see this topic so doing a quick copy paste! 

Let's Go Jet Nation!

I'm a British NFL fan that moved to MN a couple years ago. I got into NFL about 15 years ago and will honestly admit I was a big Seattle fan previously and always had the Jets as a second team due to family in NY and all my other teams are NY based, though I can't stand Seattle or their fans anymore! I drew away from watching the NFL a good few years ago and got really into baseball and took up playing the game in the UK. I love NY and cheering for the Yankees and the Jets and my NY teams honor when I rock and root for the jets. I have always followed the jets since late Pennington days but never really came out as a Jets fan, whenever going to NY I would get jets baseball caps and jerseys for the collection. 

Being in MN working with colleagues etc I thought I'd try to get into the NFL, I tried to follow the Vikings to engage in conversation with colleagues and make friends, I tried it but it wasn't me. I can't stand the purple and to listen to these fans gruelling their QB ..your meant to get behind the team not just rant that you want everyone fired. I hope they do well as a hometown team but I'll just continue to walk around with my green Jets colors on ...not too many around here I tell you that!

What is amazing is my wife is also a big fan too, when living in MN the vikings fans can't get behind their QB I remember cheering for Hackenberg and we all know how that turned out! We both love New York and have been a few times and are now planning a trip to take in a game there .. hopefully do a combo Yankees and Jets game when visiting! 

I get chirped too pieces by everyone I know when I tell them I like the Jets here but I don't care I know Sammy D will get us into the playoffs, with the addition of Becton (and hopefully Warford) I think we can make a solid o-line for years ahead. It is fun rooting and going through the bad times makes it seem much better when the good times come and I hope this year Bell has a good season and Gase silences critics. 

Anyways if you are still reading this post I just want to say thanks again for the add Jet Nation, I look forward to contributing in the forum..... Is there any sub forums for Rangers and Yankees threads?

LET'S F'n GO .... J-E-T-S ..JETS JETS JETS

Thanks for signing up!

https://forums.jetnation.com/forum/2-other-sports/

Once hockey and baseball are back there should be more talk about those sports.  :)

• Upvote 1

Hi, I am Abe Lincoln, a time traveler let me travel to future. I like this football game. By the way, I am in NYC, any good theater suggestions?

On 6/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, SouthernJet said:

Hi, I am Abe Lincoln, a time traveler let me travel to future. I like this football game. By the way, I am in NYC, any good theater suggestions?

Dont know about NYC theaters but next time your'e in DC take in a show at Ford's Theater.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:54 PM, Roger Vick 43 said:

Hello,

I'm a big Jets fan.

This website seems awesome!

Thanks,

Roger

Thanks Roger!

This will get a lot more awesome once Gase is fired! Soon.

I've been following this site for years, but never joined till recent. I discovered this site when I was trying to find out about Vernon Gholston ( i didn't know much about him, & was looking for info ) and read on here that someone posted that he was going to be Matt Light's future father. ( Nice to know that everyone isn't right on here.) Anyway, I've been a diehard fan since I was a kid(Thanks dad). I'm not gonna lie, I did quit watching only 1 season due to the jets signing Vick ( for my own personal reasons). I'm a simple man with simple opinions, I can't offer any insider scoops or detailed scouting reports. I was born & raised in NJ till my parents got a divorced, then I moved to FL( still stuck here). So i got harrassed daily by dolphin fans(still do). I look forward to being an active member of this fine community, & thank you for having me. Please don't ban me already for bringing up Vernon. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app