Introduce Yourself

Maxman

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

I am a long time jet fan and came here after one of the posters from another site invited me here.

My username should speak for itself. That it happens to be the name of a Kermit the frog song is just a bonus. I just hope the Jets finally figure out how to win it all so it can be easy to be a fan for a while.

Good luck all!

• 2 months later...

Wow, never noticed this thread. LOL 

Names Eric, live in central Maine and have for 45 years.

Dads a Patriots fan, so we dont talk during football season.(true) I hate Belicheat with every fiber of my being.  Ive been a Jets fan since 79, and only met 5 other Jets fans up here since. Never been to a Jets game, but still hoping.

I pull for the Rangers, but cant stand baseball or basketball so......... 

Love the Maine Black Bears hockey and football programs though, hoping for at least another Frozen Four appearance soon.

Started out online at ProSportsDaily or something like that, as Greenblood. Was on CBS as green-blood- , and started The Green Room thread there. Joined here at the same time, but Greenblood was taken, so Im BUM-KNEE. (knee reconstruction hence I was online alot)  Was Greenblood on the Jets official site, before they closed the forums. Moderated a sports site for awhile called NGS Sports too as Greenblood. I think I was GreenDNA on ESPN, though memory is slipping.

Went off the grid for awhile in 2012-ish, but back to surfing now.

Favorite Jets are Wayne Chrebet, Joe Klecko and Al Toon. (Mike Devito too)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just joined the forums myself.

The name's Jay, 35 years old, New York transplant, father of 3 and I hail from Easton, Pa (Eagles country). Raised by a single mother who absolutely hated anything to do with sports and tried her hardest to keep me from liking, following or getting involved in anything related to sports. Became a somewhat casual football fan back in 1989 but I was too unfamiliar with the game to truly understand it. The uncles in my family all loved the Giants, but being the type who goes against the grain I chose the Jets as my team. 

Moved away from Queens to the Pocono mountains when I was 12 (worst thing that could have ever happened to me) and had the unfortunate luck of being surrounded by Eagles fans throughout middle and high school in the 90's. Started becoming a casual football fan during the Kotite era. That was rough, but I stuck it out thinking things would get better.

My favorite Jet to this day is Wayne Chrebet. I liked his style, the way he carried himself both on and off the field, plus he showed people that you could still be fierce even if you're only 5' 10" tall. I still rock my #80 jersey to this day. I actually tear up watching his induction into the ring of honor. 

So that's my story, see you guys around the forums

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Well I don't speak English (sorry) but I'm a Jets fan since the Testaverde  era (since the monday night miracle, I had discover the NFL en 1999). Maybe if I read and intente to write in this forum, I will progress in English....

30 years old soon, ah and i'm french, and i'm a history teacher. Go Jets, and thanks.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Name is Jimmy, I'm 30 years old. I'm born and raised and currently living in Brooklyn,NY. I've been a jets fan since 1993...mainly because my Dad was a jets fan and on sundays i can remember him locking down the tv in the living room and going absolutely apesh*t - now i understand. I work for the city, hoping to switch to sanitation soon (best union type job in nyc imo).

My favorite jets are Wayne Chrebet and Curtis Martin. My favorite teams in other sports - mets, knicks, rangers (huge hockey fan), notre dame fighting irish.

On 3/22/2016 at 4:25 PM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Name is Jimmy, I'm 30 years old. I'm born and raised and currently living in Brooklyn,NY. I've been a jets fan since 1993...mainly because my Dad was a jets fan and on sundays i can remember him locking down the tv in the living room and going absolutely apesh*t - now i understand. I work for the city, hoping to switch to sanitation soon (best union type job in nyc imo).

My favorite jets are Wayne Chrebet and Curtis Martin. My favorite teams in other sports - mets, knicks, rangers (huge hockey fan), notre dame fighting irish.

Hi Jimmy. Thanks for signing up!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:25 PM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I too am a Mets/Jets/Knicks/Rangers/ND fan.

Parents born in Bay Ridge, schooled at St. Ephraim's, Dad went to ND and I lived in Uniondale in the 60's/70's 10 min. from Hofstra, 25 from Shea when the Jets were still there. 7 yrs. old when Jets/Mets/Knicks rocked the world. Rangers were finally becoming a good, not quite great team then, falling in the Stanley Cup finals but had some great years battling it out with Icelanders.

Good times before the neighborhood went to $(#!+. Moved to North Jersey in '72 living amongst Giant/Nets/Devils fans.... that sucked.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So excited to have found this place!

I wondered where all the people i used to talk/argue with years ago ended up after Jetsinsider. I used to post as DE94Abraham for years over there. Moved from the NY area to Austin a few years back and haven't been to present in online forums, but still keep up and follow the Jets. Though, the Texans have become a team i find myself watching and going to games due to proximity.

Good to be back

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 1:30 AM, ATX Jetsfan said:

So excited to have found this place!

I wondered where all the people i used to talk/argue with years ago ended up after Jetsinsider. I used to post as DE94Abraham for years over there. Moved from the NY area to Austin a few years back and haven't been to present in online forums, but still keep up and follow the Jets. Though, the Texans have become a team i find myself watching and going to games due to proximity.

Good to be back

Thanks for signing up!

Wow, just notice this thread going all the way back to 14.

Anyway my name

Is Mitch and fly under the screen name as fltflo which is short for flight information. It comes from all my years in the Air Force and the the commercial airlines industry.

I started posting on the AOL Jets board years ago when I purchased my first computer. Seems like a life time ago, and we had a good group.

Been thru a few boards since then, GG, JI and now call this place home. I have been a member since JI was sold and went to crap and happy to be here.

I have been a Jets fans longer then I can remember. Let me put it this way, I saw Joe Willie win the Super Bowl on TV when I was 12 , I'm now 62, I remember games at Shea and cheap seats and great working class fans who showed win or lose.

I have waited thru some joy and much misery for my team to get another Championship and I have more time behind me then I do in front.

I have lived in SW Fl since the early eighties been thru a lot including Andrew and a few smaller hurricanes. The only chance I get now to see the team is when they play in state, up in Jacksonville or Tampa or at Joe Robbme in Mia.

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it. It's great to be here and I hope be able to add something the content of the site.

• Upvote 1

My name is Dan. I'm really small. I grew up on LI, lived in FL and MN. Now, I've been living in Brooklyn for almost 2 years. I've been on JN since 06, I believe. I haven't posted much in years. I'm still waiting for the Jets to have decent QB play. Fitz was a decent surprise last year.... Anyhow, how's it going fellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Joined Jet nation earlier in the week because I thought it was time to finally get involved more in something that i'm already very passionate about. But anyways, my name is Ben and I reside in Northern Ohio, where I was born and raised. My dad was actually born and raised in Queens, New York which is how I became tied to the Jets. Although, my dad was a lifelong Giants fan. Weird how all that worked out, but as a little kid (Currently 21) Curtis Martin became a huge idol of mine and in turn led me to become the die hard Jets fan that I still am today. Since I'm in northern Ohio, I'm also a fan of the Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes.  I'm an avid sports fan in general but emotionally I have always invested more in the Jets. Before I die, I MUST WITNESS A JETS SUPER BOWL VICTORY.  I know we are very critical of one another, and on certain aspects of the jets but it just shows how were all passionate about the Jets becoming a top notch franchise, and knocking billy b and the cheatriots off of that pedestal. That is one thing I know all of us can agree on. J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2016 at 9:45 AM, fltflo said:

Wow, just notice this thread going all the way back to 14.

Anyway my name

Is Mitch and fly under the screen name as fltflo which is short for flight information. It comes from all my years in the Air Force and the the commercial airlines industry.

I started posting on the AOL Jets board years ago when I purchased my first computer. Seems like a life time ago, and we had a good group.

Been thru a few boards since then, GG, JI and now call this place home. I have been a member since JI was sold and went to crap and happy to be here.

I have been a Jets fans longer then I can remember. Let me put it this way, I saw Joe Willie win the Super Bowl on TV when I was 12 , I'm now 62, I remember games at Shea and cheap seats and great working class fans who showed win or lose.

I have waited thru some joy and much misery for my team to get another Championship and I have more time behind me then I do in front.

I have lived in SW Fl since the early eighties been thru a lot including Andrew and a few smaller hurricanes. The only chance I get now to see the team is when they play in state, up in Jacksonville or Tampa or at Joe Robbme in Mia.

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it. It's great to be here and I hope be able to add something the content of the site.

Mitch - thanks for calling this place home. Much appreciated!

On 5/16/2016 at 4:35 PM, greeniemeanie said:

My name is Dan. I'm really small. I grew up on LI, lived in FL and MN. Now, I've been living in Brooklyn for almost 2 years. I've been on JN since 06, I believe. I haven't posted much in years. I'm still waiting for the Jets to have decent QB play. Fitz was a decent surprise last year.... Anyhow, how's it going fellas?

Damn you joined on August 20, 2006. You have been here a long time. :)

On 5/18/2016 at 5:35 PM, BroadwayBen said:

Joined Jet nation earlier in the week because I thought it was time to finally get involved more in something that i'm already very passionate about. But anyways, my name is Ben and I reside in Northern Ohio, where I was born and raised. My dad was actually born and raised in Queens, New York which is how I became tied to the Jets. Although, my dad was a lifelong Giants fan. Weird how all that worked out, but as a little kid (Currently 21) Curtis Martin became a huge idol of mine and in turn led me to become the die hard Jets fan that I still am today. Since I'm in northern Ohio, I'm also a fan of the Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes.  I'm an avid sports fan in general but emotionally I have always invested more in the Jets. Before I die, I MUST WITNESS A JETS SUPER BOWL VICTORY.  I know we are very critical of one another, and on certain aspects of the jets but it just shows how were all passionate about the Jets becoming a top notch franchise, and knocking billy b and the cheatriots off of that pedestal. That is one thing I know all of us can agree on. J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

Ben - thanks for signing up.

You have a few Buckeyes to root for on the Jets now. Hopefully the latest one makes an immediate impact.

• 2 weeks later...

What up my man?  Long time no see.

On 5/24/2016 at 5:16 PM, Maxman said:

Damn you joined on August 20, 2006. You have been here a long time. :)

And he's really 7 feet tall.

• Upvote 1

Well... you're a tall drink of water....

• Upvote 1

The name's Bill, been a member here since '05.  Born and raised in a small town just outside of Cooperstown, moved to Long Island around '91.  Used to post a lot, now I just lurk the majority of the time.  DHJF stands for DieHardJetFan, which is what I went by in my Jets Haters and JI posting days.  Don't know when, how or why I became a Jets fan, it just kind of happened when I was a wee lad.  Don't really have a favorite Jet.  However, my least favorite is Mo Lewis, whose hit on Bledsoe started the Brady era.

Hello to all of the old timers and welcome to all of the newbies!

On 1/25/2016 at 4:20 AM, Puddy CabezaVerde said:

Hi. Well I don't speak English (sorry) but I'm a Jets fan since the Testaverde  era (since the monday night miracle, I had discover the NFL en 1999). Maybe if I read and intente to write in this forum, I will progress in English....

30 years old soon, ah and i'm french, and i'm a history teacher. Go Jets, and thanks.

Where in France?

On 1/25/2016 at 4:20 AM, Puddy CabezaVerde said:

1- How do the French kill themselves?
They shoot 15 centimeters above their heads, right in their superiority complex

2- What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
-trilingual

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
-bilingual

What do you call someone who speaks 1 language?
-French

3- Why did Disneyland Paris experience some difficulties at the beginning?
Because every night, after the fireworks, the French would surrender

4- Why do the French say “to go to the toilets” whereas the Belgian (the French speaking ones) say “to go to the toilet”?
Because in France, you need to try 4 or 5 to find a clean one

5- After God created France, he thought it was the most beautiful country in the world. People were going to get jealous, so, to make things fair, he decided to create the French.

• 2 months later...