Eric Decker

joewilly12

Like I said in the other thread, I feel sorry most for Decker. He knew he wasn't going to get the stats he did with Peyton but tonight was ridiculous. They could've at least snuck a couple play actions in the 1st half when they were running the ball effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said in the other thread, I feel sorry most for Decker. He knew he wasn't going to get the stats he did with Peyton but tonight was ridiculous. They could've at least snuck a couple play actions in the 1st half when they were running the ball effectively.

Really? You feel sorry for a multimillionaire whose married to model wife?

F*ck Eric Decker

Agree. Bad play calling with zero play action. Decker had a couple nice catches and dropped one that was a bad throw, the other right off his hands.

This is absolutely coaching. Cant say that we dont have weapons at the skill set position. Having Harvin/Decker is a better tandem than I have ever seen as a Jets fan yet we can't even put up 100 yards passing collectively. We keep thinking that its the quarterback, but Mark Sanchez is showing that its the coaching. 

No, he's not. Check out his stat line. The team itself is winning but it has little to do with him, just as was the case when he was a Jet.

• Thumb Down 3

No, he's not. Check out his stat line. The team itself is winning but it has little to do with him, just as was the case when he was a Jet.

What? Mark Sanchez is averaging 35 throw attempts per game. Let me type that again in case you didnt read or believe that the first time, Mark Sanchez is averaging 35 throw attempts per game in his first 5 games. With that he is also averaging a 63% completion rate. 3 of those 5 games Sanchez averaged no less than a 68% completion rate. 3 of the 5 games he's thrown for over 300 yards and 2 TD's and he's thrown for more than 200 in every game and has thrown a TD in every game. 4 of 5 games he's contributed at least 2 TD's on is own. 

This is Mark's stat line. Now being a fan of a team that is struggling at this position, watching a guy who was drafted by us who has NEVER had a game where he threw for 300 yards 2 TD's and 0 Int's or throw for 300 or more yards in back-to-back games in 5 years as a Jet, yet watch him do these very things in just 5 games as an Eagle...it leads me to assume that this has ALOT to do with coaching and planning. Chip Kelly has put Mark in position to win football games. The last time mark has gone 4-1 or 5-0 in a 5 game stretch was in 2009 and 2010, and Mark in those games collectively didnt average 20 throw attempts a game, let alone 35 with a 63% completion rate. 

Mark Sanchez is balling out there because he is being put in position to succeed, not because they're hiding him behind a top 3 defense with Darrelle Revis given that the coaching staff doesnt know how to implement a competent offensive scheme. Mark Sanchez stat line supports the very statement. 

Oh, and P.S. Jordan Matthews is a beast! lol. 

What? Mark Sanchez is averaging 35 throw attempts per game. Let me type that again in case you didnt read or believe that the first time, Mark Sanchez is averaging 35 throw attempts per game in his first 5 games.

That's fine and good. The reason that number isn't higher is because the Eagles only threw 29 times against a Cowboys pass defense that is ranked 20th in the league and actually plays worse than that based on advanced metrics. The reason for this is probably Sanchez's 4 INTs in his two previous games, when the Eagles threw a combined 87 times.  

He's no Randy Moss but with a capable QB and a non-retarded offensive coordinator he can be a very solid #1 receiver. He was beating his guy all day, even Gruden pointed that out like a dozen times, wondering why we don't throw the ball to him. He's not the issue, it's the QB play and the gameplan Marty comes up with each week in the locker room 20 minutes before the game begins.

• Thumb Down 1

That's fine and good. The reason that number isn't higher is because the Eagles only threw 29 times against a Cowboys pass defense that is ranked 20th in the league and actually plays worse than that based on advanced metrics. The reason for this is probably Sanchez's 4 INTs in his two previous games, when the Eagles threw a combined 87 times.  

This could very well be. But imagine a Jets team that had such a problem. "We have to limit our QB to just 29 throws a game". That would be a good problem to have. That would mean that we wouldnt have to hide our QB behind any thing or any one. Mark Sanchez is running an offense that he's contributing to that averages 38 points per game when they win and 20 points when they lose. The Jets can barely score 20 points per game at any stretch of  a season. 

What? Mark Sanchez is averaging 35 throw attempts per game. Let me type that again in case you didnt read or believe that the first time, Mark Sanchez is averaging 35 throw attempts per game in his first 5 games. With that he is also averaging a 63% completion rate. 3 of those 5 games Sanchez averaged no less than a 68% completion rate. 3 of the 5 games he's thrown for over 300 yards and 2 TD's and he's thrown for more than 200 in every game and has thrown a TD in every game. 4 of 5 games he's contributed at least 2 TD's on is own. 

This is Mark's stat line. Now being a fan of a team that is struggling at this position, watching a guy who was drafted by us who has NEVER had a game where he threw for 300 yards 2 TD's and 0 Int's or throw for 300 or more yards in back-to-back games in 5 years as a Jet, yet watch him do these very things in just 5 games as an Eagle...it leads me to assume that this has ALOT to do with coaching and planning. Chip Kelly has put Mark in position to win football games. The last time mark has gone 4-1 or 5-0 in a 5 game stretch was in 2009 and 2010, and Mark in those games collectively didnt average 20 throw attempts a game, let alone 35 with a 63% completion rate. 

Mark Sanchez is balling out there because he is being put in position to succeed, not because they're hiding him behind a top 3 defense with Darrelle Revis given that the coaching staff doesnt know how to implement a competent offensive scheme. Mark Sanchez stat line supports the very statement. 

Oh, and P.S. Jordan Matthews is a beast! lol. 

but everyone said sanchez would never be good away from the jets

Decker has proven what he can do when he played with an elite QB 80+ catches,

1000+ yards and 10+ TD's.  He now is playing with the worst QB situation in the

NFL and he still has 49 catches.  Decker is not an issue

Decker.Depends on who comes in to right this thing...but he's a decent trade piece. I'm sure he wants out.

He will be back.  I can't think of a coach/GM coming in that would not want him. 

IMO, the question is Decker/Harvin/top draft pick plus sh*tty FA QB vs. top pick QB + Decker/Harvin/Kerley vs. QB/Decker/Kerley/mid-level FA WR.

If I am GM I sign a low tier FA QB and draft one.  I would probably keep Harvin even at the $10M.  By low tier FA QB, I am thinking Locker, Fitzpatrick, Matt Flynn type.  NOT a circus type like Vick, Tebow or Sanchez.  Even a guy like Shaun Hill or Jason Campbell.  

He will be back.  I can't think of a coach/GM coming in that would not want him. 

IMO, the question is Decker/Harvin/top draft pick plus sh*tty FA QB vs. top pick QB + Decker/Harvin/Kerley vs. QB/Decker/Kerley/mid-level FA WR.

If I am GM I sign a low tier FA QB and draft one.  I would probably keep Harvin even at the $10M.  By low tier FA QB, I am thinking Locker, Fitzpatrick, Matt Flynn type.  NOT a circus type like Vick, Tebow or Sanchez.  Even a guy like Shaun Hill or Jason Campbell.  

i agree with you. starting season with a rookie and geno atop the depth chart would be curtis painter level of incompetence