Best Possible Outcome, Opening day 2015 We Present You...

Warfish

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thread!

General Manager: Anyone that can get Harbaugh to come here

Head Coach: Harbaugh

Starting QB: Marcus Mariota

Backup QB: Geno Smith

#1/#2/#3 WR's:  Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Kerley

Take all the other money and sign 52 CBs.

Actually, Caldwell never came in for a second interview, but I'm tired of going back and forth with these 3 or 4 (slats especially) who make an issue out of it every time the name 'Gamble' is mentioned, even in an unrelated capacity (the entire point of this thread was to name a GM who you'd like to see brought onboard, and when I mentioned Gamble - in part due to his pre-existing relationship with the HC I said I'd like to see brought onboard, Harbaugh - slats decides to rehash this entire matter, as he always does).

When Tannenbaum was fired, Woody said that Rex would stay - but the belief was if they liked a GM candidate enough and he insisted on bringing in his own guy, that Woody wasn't inflexible on the requirement; however, in the 2nd Gamble interview, the fact that it was indeed a non-negotiable condition (as well as a lesser known requirement to keep on Bradway in his current role) was made known to Gamble. None of the articles posted in this thread contradict any of this.

I keep bringing it up because you keep insisting on this BS. There was absolutely zero ambiguity about Rex's tenure here when the search for the GM started: Rex was staying, that was a done deal. Every candidate for the job knew that going in, and many of them simply refused to interview as a result of it. They didn't change the rules a week into the process, everyone knew that Rex was 100% a part of the package deal. Tom Gamble being one of them. The Jets, like every other team with a GM opening that year, passed on him.

Find a link supporting this fantasy of yours somewhere if you insist on twisting facts. It's obvious your memory isn't very good.

I thought he took the Jags job immediately after the first interview, my mistake :) Good call on that

It's that easy. You're wrong on Gamble, too. It's okay to admit it.

@ipbanbadposters

Also, I can't even find a link regarding this infamous second interview between the Jets and Gamble. Nor can I find anywhere the Jets mandating that Bradway be kept, either. That was the speculation entering Idzik's second year, when a lot of people (me included) were surprised when they kept him the reshuffling of the front office.

But if the Jets fire Idzik, look for the new GM to keep most if not all of the front office thru the draft before making any changes. That's common practice, like Idzik keeping Bradway the first year.

General Manager: Gruden - Simply because if he comes back he will be all in.  I also, like that he has access to all 32 teams the past few years in the booth.

Head Coach: Gruden

Starting QB: Vet

Backup QB: Mariotta (and yes, they will have to trade extra picks to get him)

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Decker, Harvin, Vet pick up/Kerley 

I keep bringing it up because you keep insisting on this BS. 

Really? All I did initially was suggest Gamble as a GM candidate (as was the point of this thread), and you decided to pick a fight over it:

My initial post:

"General Manager: Tom Gamble

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

Starting QB: Marcus Mariota

Backup QB: David Fales (sign him off Bears practice squad - Harbaugh likes him A LOT)

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Demariyus/Decker/Kerley"

Benign enough, no?

Your over-the-top, rude, inappropriate reply:

"Let it go already. The Jets passed on him once, and he won't even be invited to interview again."

I merely suggest a candidate for GM whom you despise because he didn't want to work with your precious Rex, and that in and of itself was sufficient cause for you to pick a fight over.

I'm not going to keep reiterating the fact that you're wrong on this because it's a circular argument that goes nowhere and serves no purpose other than to waste my time. You have your fellow Rex ball-washers Pac and Dominator join the fray and all of a sudden I'm arguing 1-on-3, and wasting countless hours arguing over this. But the FACT of the matter is, it wasn't revealed to Gamble that the Rex (and Bradway) retention requirements were iron-clad and non-negotiable until the second interview, at which point he declined the position. Period, end of story.

Really? All I did initially was suggest Gamble as a GM candidate (as was the point of this thread), and you decided to pick a fight over it:

My initial post:

Benign enough, no?

Your over-the-top, rude, inappropriate reply:

I merely suggest a candidate for GM whom you despise because he didn't want to work with your precious Rex, and that in and of itself was sufficient cause for you to pick a fight over.

I'm not going to keep reiterating the fact that you're wrong on this because it's a circular argument that goes nowhere and serves no purpose other than to waste my time. You have your fellow Rex ball-washers Pac and Dominator join the fray and all of a sudden I'm arguing 1-on-3, and wasting countless hours arguing over this. But the FACT of the matter is, it wasn't revealed to Gamble that the Rex (and Bradway) retention requirements were iron-clad and non-negotiable until the second interview, at which point he declined the position. Period, end of story.

I remember the events accurately because Gamble was my first choice for GM when they went searching last time around. I had nothing at all against the guy until the Jets -and every other team in the NFL- chose to pass on him. Makes me think something might be up there that I wasn't aware of previously.

But Gamble was willing to work with Rex. That's why he came in for an interview after Woody announced that Rex would definitely be back coaching the Jets in 2013.

If you can't find any stories from that week supporting your (and yours alone) recollection of events, it's really time to let go.

I remember the events accurately because Gamble was my first choice for GM when they went searching last time around. I had nothing at all against the guy until the Jets -and every other team in the NFL- chose to pass on him. Makes me think something might be up there that I wasn't aware of previously.

But Gamble was willing to work with Rex. That's why he came in for an interview after Woody announced that Rex would definitely be back coaching the Jets in 2013.

If you can't find any stories from that week supporting your (and yours alone) recollection of events, it's really time to let go.

Or, maybe it's time you simply apologize for bringing back this argument unnecessarily when there was no need for it to be rehashed.

Again, all I did was suggest Gamble as a GM candidate, as per the instructions of the thread; you were the one who decided you wanted to re-litigate this matter with your "let it go" remark.

But the FACT of the matter is, it wasn't revealed to Gamble that the Rex (and Bradway) retention requirements were iron-clad and non-negotiable until the second interview, at which point he declined the position. Period, end of story.

This is in no way, shape, or form a fact. What it actually is is a figment of your imagination.

On 12/31/2012 Woody Johnson announced that Rex would be returning as the Jets head coach in 2013. That was it, end of discussion. He didn't need to clarify that a week later by saying, "by the way, when I said Rex would be back, I meant it." He meant it the first time, and Tom Gamble knew it.

Again, if that's the story, show me the article that supports your claim.

Or, maybe it's time you simply apologize for bringing back this argument unnecessarily when there was no need for it to be rehashed.

Again, all I did was suggest Gamble as a GM candidate, as per the instructions of the thread; you were the one who decided you wanted to re-litigate this matter with your "let it go" remark.

Lol. Just an aside, I love it when the most obnoxious posters are also the most sensitive.

You're the only reason I hope Jameis Winston has a HoF NFL career. Unless the Jets do pick him, then I'll have two reasons.

using a top 5 pick on an OT is a solution in search of a problem. The Jets just rushed for 277 yards against a team that knew it was coming. The OL is fine. There are about 20 teams where Brick would be welcomed, right now, with open arms.  is he perfect, no but so far down the list of "problems" it's not even worth talking about. 

You said this before this season and again you're wrong.  The OL is horrible.

We can shift Giacomini inside to Right Guard and use free agency to upgrade at LG and RT.

Maybe the Raiders trade us Austin Howard for a late round pick supposedly they're not happy with him.  I think the OL is salvageable if we have a real GM.

General Manager:  Decosta

Head Coach: Fedora (anyone but rex)

Starting QB:  Locker or Bradford

Backup QB:  draft pick

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Duke Williams Decker and Kerley

Please tell me you don't mean Larry Fedora...that'd actually be worse.

General Manager: I honestly don't even know.  Gamble would be great (as has been discussed), but I don't see it.

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

Starting QB: Marcus Mariota...I guess?  There's always a chance Cutler is available but ugh.  Not really happy with any best scenarios here...

Backup QB: I could see the team going the Redskins route of drafting two QBs...otherwise probably Brian Hoyer.

#1/#2/#3 WR's:  Harvin, Decker, and Kerley/Justin Hardy(senior at East Carolina...NCAA record holder for receptions).

Parcells Team President

Pioli GM

Todd Bowles HC

Since Bowles is a defensive HC I will also add OC. Marty Morhenwig. Yup, I like a west coast offense with a 3-4 defense. I think he could do well with Hasselbeck and Moriota. He also worked with Bowles before in Philly. Without a competent QB no offensive coordinator will look good. Can't judge Marty with Geno as his starter for almost every game that he has been with the Jets.

Matt Hasselbeck QB

Moriota back up QB (for at least 6-8 games)

Slot WR Harvin, ideal spot for him

#2 WR Decker, ideal spot for him

#1 WR is IMPOSIBLE to guess, there are big names who are in their last year but probably won't hit the market, and there are guys who might be available via trade or cut as cap casualties. Also we could trade up to the late first round to land a WR to go with Moriota. No way to answer that one yet.

Parcells and Pioli are football guys. It's that simple. They know how to build from scratch. Top 3 pick in every round and 50 million in cap room, combined with a decent foundation for a 3-4 defense. They can work with this.

I'd also keep Idzik as a cap guy, similar to what he did in Seattle. Why not? That's what he's going to do for some other team anyway, and he knows how to work the cap.

I don't hate the idea of drafting a guy and having him sit for a year...but Hasselbeck?  I'm not confident in Mariotta by any means but if he cant beat a guy out who hasn't started in a couple of years that's a BAD sign..

I just don't see another veteran who will be available that is as smart as Hasselbeck and could help Moriota learn the west coast better. I have watched Hasselbeck, especially this preseason and he looked crisp.

It's also not that he can't beat him out, it's the savvy veteran stuff that the older guy brings to the table. Avoiding the rookie mistakes that they all make. Very similar to Warner and Manning in 2004 for the Giants. Hasselbeck just needs to get us through the first 3rd of the season. He has it in him.

He is definitely intelligent, no denying that.  There were folks that wanted to bring him in several times over the past few years to be a backup or possibly even compete...I'm just afraid his time may have passed.  Hasselbeck would almost be more of a Brunell type backup at this point IMO.

I'm on board with you in regards to the other veteran stuff -- savvy, experience, etc.  But if you bring him in with Mariota I think you'd have to be prepared for him to beat Hasselbeck out in training camp.

Unfortunately Geno will be out of the NFL in a year or two.  What is rarely mentioned besides the inability to go thru multiple reads is his undeniable slowness as a "running" qb.  He is NOT quick at all and is too methodical with the football,

I have nothing against Geno personally I hope he does well and mocks my words.

2-14  fellows - that is what I see.

General Manager: If not Idzik, I have no idea.

Head Coach: Harbaugh

Starting QB: Hoyer, Bradford, Sanchez, Locker, McCoy

Backup QB: Connor Cook (rd#1, Michigan State)

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Montgomery (rd#3, stanford)

RBs: Ivory, Powell, someone else. (Release CJ)

TE: Amaro, Pantale, Christian(rd#6, Louisville) (Release Cumberland)

OL: Mangold, Iupati (FA), Flowers (OT, rd#3, UMiami) Breno, Aboushi, (trade DBrick for Rd3 pick)

DL: Snacks, Ellis, Richardson, Barnes, Wilkerson, Douzable, Enekmpali

LB: Coples, Davis, Reilly, Perryman (rd#2, UMiami) Babin (Let Harris go to FA)

DB: Milliner, Pryor, McDougle, M Williams, Walls, Chris Harris Jr (FA), Miles, (Let Landry go to FA)

Left out Picks in round 5+7. We'll need a FS mostly and OLB. Also like 15 extra roster spots. 

Giacomini is a train wreck at RT

Let him compete on the inside

Colon is a goner, winters is a backup at best, O'Day sucks at pass protection.

This team will go nowhere with this line.  If the good teams in this league can shutdown your running attack like have witnessed over the last few years.  That leaves ur qb exposed with no #1 wr.  Why did Rex go to playoffs 1st 2 years?  Who did kotite bring in beside odonnel? Why did parcels go to playoffs?

Mangini had the right idea!

Lol. Just an aside, I love it when the most obnoxious posters are also the most sensitive.

You're the only reason I hope Jameis Winston has a HoF NFL career. Unless the Jets do pick him, then I'll have two reasons.

LOL, you're doing that thing you used to do to me all the time. It's the holiday season guys, relax. You're both 2 of my favorite posters... touch tips and move on already.

LOL, you're doing that thing you used to do to me all the time. It's the holiday season guys, relax. You're both 2 of my favorite posters... touch tips and move on already.

Naw that dudes posts have hit nails on a chalkboard territory.

Naw that dudes posts have hit nails on a chalkboard territory.

I think my favorite thing about him is that he's the largest distributor of negative rep on the site, but if you give him negative rep, he counters it by positive rep'ing himself. Lol.

I seem to rub people who support Rex Ryan (or Jameis Winston) the wrong way.

And LOL @ slats canceling out my down-vote of your post within seconds!  :rl:

Slats is like most of us, the reflection of what he criticizes. He's a good guy. I think this horrid season has made everyone a little grumpy... if we could all line up and face punch Pac it'd be very cathartic for all of us.

I think my favorite thing about him is that he's the largest distributor of negative rep on the site, but if you give him negative rep, he counters it by positive rep'ing himself. Lol.

He gives me positive rep all the time... you must be a pseudo intellectual dirty old hippie, that's the only thing that could possibly explain it. ;)

Archived