Geno Smith Film Review [Some signs of progress, nice play]

Connor_J_Hughes

While Geno Smith threw the ball just 13 times on Monday, there was much more within his play that could be analyzed other than just what appeared on the stat sheet. Believe it or not, there was plenty of positives from the second-year pro, along with some negatives. 

At the following link, you will find a comprehensive film review of Smith's play, complete with stats, screen grabs from coaches film analysis and more. 

Geno Smith vs Miami Dolphins- New York Jets Film Review

Please note, due to constraints with the website and ability to put photos in just a normal post, a slideshow had to be used. However, there should be no pop ups during the slide show that prohibit viewing. The only ads show up to the left and the right of the post. 

-Connor Hughes

Improve? He threw the ball 13 times, completed 7 and one to the other team! What improved ?

Several nice plays where he got off of his first and second read to find someone open on third. Decision to run when he looked to pass first, then ran as an alternative. All outlined in article 

It is just so frustrating....MM says it all the time...Geno can be good...we saw tremendous games at New England and at green bay..two of the toughest places to play...yet how he can be so inconsistent..I.e. the buffalo game..

what kinda pissed me off is how well he played at miami last year.  he had energy, enthusiasm, effort, will, he had it all.

because he had 40 family and friends in the stands....

he turns it on when he feels like it

bum

Geno can still develop into a solid game manager. I do not have faith he will develop into a respectable starting NFL QB, but as a back-up QB to cover a series or a game, he might be serviceable.

As I read what I just wrote, it's not really a confident endorsement. He's pretty bad :-(

Archived