Mariotta was a beast last night

Kleckineau

He looks much better out of the pocket.  Was not impressed by his first half play. Some poorly thrown balls before half time. 

This. He didn't look all that good in the pocket. Was scrambling around most of the time and while he made some really impressive throws on the move, it has been proven that you need a true pocket QB to succeed in the long term. I'd take Mariotta but i Would not trade up for him. 

If the Raiders get the pick, they are probably trading it. They like Carr and want to build around him. They will sell Mariota to the highest bidder. Will we be the team that pays the premium? Idzik won't. Will he be in charge though...

Have you seen how much it costs to move up for the #1 pick?

Oakland won't find any suitors unless it's reasonable everyone knows they have Carr already. Teams might trade up to the 2nd or 3rd spot depending on what those teams needs are. Unless an Andrew Luck is sitting there you stay where you.

I watched last night too but how do you evaluate these guys like Mariota? And if you do take them you better bring in coaches that can utilize his assets and coach him up. I will say, he reminds me of Tannyhill but faster.

We'll see I guess. We do have to keep swinging for a QB.

Only watched until halftime and came away unimpressed. If he's their pick, fine, but count me off the bandwagon of trading up for him.

Yes the first half he was off target but came on in second half. Question for me is can he be  a pocket passer- he shows he can make the throws on the run or outside the pocket

He looks much better out of the pocket.  Was not impressed by his first half play. Some poorly thrown balls before half time.

This could hardly call him a beast. He didn't play well at all in the first half. Should have had two interceptions. At the half Zona was a beaten team. Mostly due to the pounding running game the Ducks were hitting them with.

in the 3 rd Mariota came on strong and made some beautiful throws, and some nice plays with his legs. Still not sure his game translates to the NFL

If the Raiders get the pick, they are probably trading it. They like Carr and want to build around him. They will sell Mariota to the highest bidder. Will we be the team that pays the premium? Idzik won't. Will he be in charge though...

The Raiders are not going to drop down too far. 

Later in the draft process we all will know the Elite Tier. If that tier is only Mariotta, Gregory, and Williams the Raiders won't go past that. Lets hope the other teams that need a QB (Titans/Bucs) win a few more games and draft after that tier. 

Unfourtunately I don't think Idzik is going anywhere. He might attempt to trade up but he won't give up too much. What if the raiders wanted a player and a pick. Like Mo and our 2nd.

That's not inconceivable considering the Raiders badly need D-line help. I'd make that trade, and use the $ saved not signing Mo by going after Suh and giving him a deal like Tampa just gave McCoy.

Won't be surprised to see Cook change his tune about staying in school another year. With the way it's going, the kid seems damn near guaranteed to be drafted in the top 15.

He is definitely coming out. 

Such a terrible QB draft. Winston may drop down to mid to late first and Mariotta is going to get ripped more then people think during the process. He will still go top 5 but QB's with his style bust often. Remember Geno Smith 2 years ago was projected number 1 at this time, and Bridgewater the same last year. Both fell dramatically after the season ended.  

I am thinking he will skyrocket at the combine. Wont be there for our third.

think tonight's game will have a big impact on that, right now from what I'm reading he has a late 2nd-3rd round grade.

of course it only matters what NFL GM's think, not the draft guru's

Yeah, I guess we won't have an accurate idea of where he lands until after the combine.  He would be an OK project, but still has plenty of warts that need to be cleaned up if he's going to have success in the NFL.  I can see the appeal of the raw material, though.  

Yeah, I guess we won't have an accurate idea of where he lands until after the combine. He would be an OK project, but still has plenty of warts that need to be cleaned up if he's going to have success in the NFL. I can see the appeal of the raw material, though.

I want him sitting for a season behind a vet. I prefer Locker.

Archived