Jets \ Vikings -- The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the choice is either extend Wilk or Sheldon, the choice is clear. I choose Sheldon every time.

I am honestly not prepared to offer Wilkerson the type of money he is seeking. Sheldon Richardson I would, and even if it meant signing him today.

even if we lose we arent getting the number 1 pick anyway

You are certainly correct, yet please keep in mind it's less costly to move up to the second pick from the fourth spot then it is from the seventh or eighth spot.

You are certainly correct, yet please keep in mind it's less costly to move up to the second pick from the fourth spot then it is from the seventh or eighth spot.

Not to mention that winning meaningless games hurts your draft pick in all seven rounds not just the first one.

Also, even if you hated all the top qbs this year in the draft, some team might be willing to trade up for a player and you have the option of accruing more assets for the future. This team isn't just bad at one or two positions, it has holes across the board.

Not to mention that winning meaningless games hurts your draft pick in all seven rounds not just the first one.

Also, even if you hated all the top qbs this year in the draft, some team might be willing to trade up for a player and you have the option of accruing more assets for the future. This team isn't just bad at one or two positions, it has holes across the board.

Having a top 3 pick is pretty much like having two first rounders. You're getting an opportunity at a couple guys with mid-late 1st round grades in that little window. Ditto for the 3rd rounder (mid-late 2nd graded guys), and so on and so on. Such a great opportunity to land 2-3 guys who can step in and play immediately and another couple who can be ready to play by year 2. Not to mention highly valuable trade chips.

Archived