Darrin Walls stinks he lost the game

joewilly12

I'm not re-watching it, but if you're 100% correct, we should all sign a thank-you card and send it to him.

Also, it doesn't mean we lost because of him anyway. That rationale presumes the Jets wouldn't have lost anyway.

One could also argue that the only reason we got as far as we did is because their kicker missed a 30 yarder.

He is a decent CB that got blocked on a quick screen and then pulled down. It happens.

If you're expecting an UDFA to be Revis then you're out of your mind. If you're expecting him to be a startin CB, you're asking too much. If you want him to be a nickel or dim back, that's probably what suits him best.

To lay blame on him after Geno throws a pick 6 to start the game is laughable at best.

Watch the video in OT instead of covering the WR he chooses to lay a block on another he should be cut tonight

jarett missed the tackle 3 yards short of the first down

look at it this way, now they are in better position to draft a player you have heard of

He is a decent CB that got blocked on a quick screen and then pulled down. It happens.

If you're expecting an UDFA to be Revis then you're out of your mind. If you're expecting him to be a startin CB, you're asking too much. If you want him to be a nickel or dim back, that's probably what suits him best.

To lay blame on him after Geno throws a pick 6 to start the game is laughable at best.

He didn't get blocked he laid a block playing defense instead of covering the WR 

Fundamental football 

He didn't get blocked he laid a block playing defense instead of covering the WR

Fundamental football

It's evident you don't know what you're talkijg about, per usual. Watch it again. You'll see that the play was not entirely his fault. He was blocked almost immediately. Rex even said it was his fault. Rex continues to blitz and leave UDFAs in zero coverage and it continues to burn him. Some day he will learn.

It's evident you don't know what you're talkijg about, per usual. Watch it again. You'll see that the play was not entirely his fault. He was blocked almost immediately. Rex even said it was his fault. Rex continues to blitz and leave UDFAs in zero coverage and it continues to burn him. Some day he will learn.

You believe Rex per usual????????? Haaaaaaaaaaaa never mind I do know what I'm talking about and I do know the game of football,do you? 

Is there ANY chance you MAY be slightly intoxicated?

Nope drinking to drown out Jets sorrows will only kill you,besides all the alcohol in the world won't fix the Jets. 

Darrin Walls is this years Clyde Gates he shouldn't be on this team. 

The last play of the game proves that. 

He doesn't stink, he's playing out of position. I actually think he's a very solid nickel corner. He's just not an outside corner that can play against teams top targets. He won't be playing there next year, we will finally be rid of Kyle Wilson next year and Walls will assume the spot while ***INSERT JETS GM*** spends the necessary resources to sign real outside cornersbacks such as Byron Maxwell in free agency.

He doesn't stink, he's playing out of position. I actually think he's a very solid nickel corner. He's just not an outside corner that can play against teams top targets. He won't be playing there next year, we will finally be rid of Kyle Wilson next year and Walls will assume the spot while ***INSERT JETS GM*** spends the necessary resources to sign real outside cornersbacks such as Byron Maxwell in free agency.

So all Jets CBs who suck get designated as the nickel?  I really miss Revis hell id even take Cromartie back. 

Watch the video in OT instead of covering the WR he chooses to lay a block on another he should be cut tonight

I am not disagreeing. But I think a lot of blame falls on Rex's defensive call. Like in the Steelers game late, would it kill us to have a safety that wasn't on the line of scrimmage. :)

So all Jets CBs who suck get designated as the nickel?  I really miss Revis hell id even take Cromartie back. 

Cromartie should've never been cut to begin with but that's another argument.

No, all Jets CBs who suck don't get designated to nickel. Don't forget the injury to Dee Milliner and the AWOL Dimitri Patterson. Walls was supposed to be the 4th corner in the lineup before these things happened. He is a natural nickel cover corner.

He has talent, just not enough to play with opponents top guys and that's become painfully clear.

Walls is a good player- you really don't know what you're talking about.  If there's anyone who deserves to get cut in the secondary it is Kyle Wilson.  It was J. Jarrett that missed the tackle on that play by the way.  There might be a few players in the secondary that you could consider iffy but Kyle Wilson would be the first guy to let loose. 

Do you think it's surprising that you can find bad players on a (God willing) 2-14 team?

If we cut him tonight, as you suggest, what amazingly talented CB that's stuck on the bench would get to see the field in his place?

No team can overcome this many injuries in their secondary.

Especially trying to work in a rookie safety on top of it. Walls is each & every teams target. He just doesn't have the skills to be CB working on the outside.

Like someone said before he should be a 4-5 Nickle & I would keep him over Wilson.

I don't want to see Wilson anywhere near this team after this year!

Can you believe he still acts like he's done something great when he makes a tackle 12 yards down field?

I think Walls should be on the team next year. Except he should be the 4th CB. Seriously.

Completely agreed. I think he'd be a much better nickel in the slot. They're asking too much of him and Williams at this point. Have been all season because of injury and front office ineptitude.

Archived