Titans QB Mettenberger done for the season

AFJF

Zach Mettenberger's time as a starting quarterback in the NFL is done -- at least, for now.

The Tennessee Titans signal-caller will miss the remainder of the season with a separated AC joint, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source informed of his prognosis following an MRI.

Around The NFL will have more information on this story shortly

Wouldn't it be icing on the cake if they picked up Matt Simms off the practice squad and he beat us Sunday

He's been on the 53 for a few weeks now....unless he got demoted in the past few days.

Zach Mettenberger's time as a starting quarterback in the NFL is done -- at least, for now.

The Tennessee Titans signal-caller will miss the remainder of the season with a separated AC joint, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source informed of his prognosis following an MRI.

Around The NFL will have more information on this story shortly

This is definitely better for us as locker is better. Mettengerger is such a statue - we prob would 5 or more sacks with him there. 

this is good news. Locker is better, so that improves our chances of losing. As a bonus, Locker is a FA I think and now we can get a first hand look at him. He kicked our azz 2yrs ago.

Isn't it the strangest feeling to sigh a breath of relief after watching the Viking WR cross the goal line to win the game?  Damn guys, look at what these people have done to us as fans man, we sit there focking HOPING that OUR New York Jets frigging LOSE. I wish that Johnson would sell this team and we can start all over again with a slight sense of a four letter word; HOPE, a word that we haven't had a lot of for a couple of generations

Isn't it the strangest feeling to sigh a breath of relief after watching the Viking WR cross the goal line to win the game? Damn guys, look at what these people have done to us as fans man, we sit there focking HOPING that OUR New York Jets frigging LOSE. I wish that Johnson would sell this team and we can start all over again with a slight sense of a four letter word; HOPE, a word that we haven't had a lot of for a couple of generations

Woody selling the team doesn't mean the next owner will be any good. As bad as Woody is he's not the worst owner there is

Isn't it the strangest feeling to sigh a breath of relief after watching the Viking WR cross the goal line to win the game?  Damn guys, look at what these people have done to us as fans man, we sit there focking HOPING that OUR New York Jets frigging LOSE. I wish that Johnson would sell this team and we can start all over again with a slight sense of a four letter word; HOPE, a word that we haven't had a lot of for a couple of generations

no doubt, I was laughing hysterically on Geno's pick six and literally cheering on the OT TD! Life is hard enough, can't let this team piss me off.

I'm kinda happy, because Mettenberger sucks.  The only reason he even really got drafted was because they had a great running game, and two high caliber NFL wide receivers making plays left and right for them.   I never understood why people were so high on him, he used to always make easy plays into touch catches for his WRs.   

Locker has a much better chance of killing us because he can move inside and outside the pocket and our CBs aren't good enough to hold off the WRs long enough when that happens.   Although, Wright might be out for them, which hurts our chances of losing.  

If you read enough Jets Fans theorycrafting, you realize that if it were up to fans next year, our QB roster going into camp would be:

1. RGIII

2. Sam Bradford

3. Jake Locker

The Hurtstavaganza Sweepstakes......BEGINS!

1. SIMMMS !!!!!!!

2. RGIII

3. Sam Bradford

4. Jake Locker

Nobody is saying that Larz. All many of us are suggesting is we know how crappy Gen0 and Vick0 are. Every Jet fan has seen enough of those two. There are three games left. Give the.third guy a chance to play. If he stinks as badly as the other two stink jobs, (probably hard to do) then we get rid of all three. Maybe we find out he can be a backup

Maybe we find something.

Don't worry though, our HC Chuckles the Clown will keep him rotting on the inactive list and lose out with godawful Gen0

A glimpse into the future:

Locker lights up the Jets

Idzik passes on a QB in the draft to sign Locker.

Giants knock Locker out for the season in week three of the pre season.

Misery continues.

Please already

Locker lights up the Jets...correct

The rest=nonsense

Gonna be a very hard game for the Jets to lose regardless

Initially agreed, however the closer we get to the game the more things seem to be going our way. Harvin is out, Locker is starting and plus it's a road game which is great because we suck on the road. Well we suck everywhere but still, you get the point.

Archived