Sean Payton on Way Out?

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that would be great, too bad can never happen. although this is the jets, so perhaps should not say never?

lol yeah was joking but given its the jets who the hell knows :cheers:

hah Hire Payton and install Rob Ryan-circus would continue

or reunite payton with gregg williams for big top extravaganza

Peter King today wrote in his column today that things are very broken in New Orleans and perhaps Sean Payton could be on the way out.

I'd sign up for him here with the Jets. If we could get him or Harbaugh I'd be thrilled...

Payton and Idzik could share a few stories on how fun it is to put your career in the hands of a Ryan brother.

yea I'm done with the whole Ryan defensive concept, the league has caught up and surpassed what they were so successful doing for decades

I was being sarcastic but Saints have had issues with defense all along- with a Ryan as defensive coach

Rex is just like his brother, give him great players and he produces, if not the D will suck other than stopping the run in a passing league.  Rex proved this year to me he is not the great guru people think, he had below avg talent in the secondary and we got destroyed as a result of it.

yea I'm done with the whole Ryan defensive concept, the league has caught up and surpassed what they were so successful doing for decades

Aww c'mon dude - it almost worked a cou ..............  no, you're right .. it didn't

I'd take him because I can just imagine what crap we're going to end up with.

But could we please target a more middle of the road candidate. Don't really want to go from a coach who doesn't care about offense to a coach who doesn't care about defense.

Also his Super Bowl win was very lucky, fix mightve been in after Katrina.

Sean Payton is a very good head coach. Would take him in a second. BUT! If Jet fans are focused on getting a well rounded head coach who cares about both sides of the ball then he's not your man. He's an offensive guy and that's it, which is why he brings in marquee defensive coordinators like Gregg Williams and Rob Ryan.

Where in this plan do we acquire Drew Brees, and what exactly stops us from being exactly what the Saints are this year - given that Rob's pretty much the same as Rex?

Sean Payton would be the best offensive mind on the market. He utlizes his players perfectly on offense. 

What separates us? New Orleans wishes they had our front 7 personal. He would be stepping into the perfect situation. 

Sean Payton would be the best offensive mind on the market. He utlizes his players perfectly on offense.

What separates us? New Orleans wishes they had our front 7 personal. He would be stepping into the perfect situation.

First sentence: yeah, I know.

Second sentence: Drew Brees.

My initial post actually covered this stuff.

Seems like baseless speculation to me. Nothing in the Louisiana media has suggested this. Longhaired Rex will be gone at season's end and perhaps a few assistants and players will go with him. That will be the extent of the Saints' shakeup for now, however, the end is definitely getting closer for Payton in New Orleans. Brees doesn't have many years left and is already showing signs of regression. I don't see the Vicodin popping Juicy Fruit chewer hanging around through the complete rebuild that team will undergo in the next 3 years or so. I'd expect him to go into broadcasting until the right situation opened up, aka a team with an established franchise QB.

with the right personnel Rex's scheme would be dominating but if you take team's like the Bears of 85 the Giants of 86 the Ravens of 2000 wouldn't they be great in just about any scheme ? Since they had the best personnel I used those teams as an example. Bottom line is if you don't have the players you can't play with the big boys.

As for Sean Peyton I would say its a close call between him and Harbaugh either one would make me very happy. Not because of their offensive minds or X's and o's but because they know how to manage Football teams Rex does not and that's his biggest weakness along with having an Idiot for a GM

If either one of these guys come in you give them full control

with the right personnel Rex's scheme would be dominating but if you take team's like the Bears of 85 the Giants of 86 the Ravens of 2000 wouldn't they be great in just about any scheme ? Since they had the best personnel I used those teams as an example. Bottom line is if you don't have the players you can't play with the big boys.

As for Sean Peyton I would say its a close call between him and Harbaugh either one would make me very happy. Not because of their offensive minds or X's and o's but because they know how to manage Football teams Rex does not and that's his biggest weakness along with having an Idiot for a GM

If either one of these guys come in you give them full control

Smash Rex HAD almost the perfect personnell his first 2 years and his teams and his vaunted Ryan DEFENSE still crumbled when the game was on the line

Smash Rex HAD almost the perfect personnell his first 2 years and his teams and his vaunted Ryan DEFENSE still crumbled when the game was on the line

I agree they did... Im not a big fan of Rex trust me, but you can't compare that roster we had in 09 10 to the Ravens. We lacked Safties and we lacked a real speed rushing OLB and none of our LB's could cover so yeah we had some weaknesses that showed themselves vs the better teams its also why Rex put so many DB's out there vs the Mannings and Bradys of the world and succeeded . Rex did do some good things here but once his schemes were on film and the bradys and Mannings of the world adapted Rex didn't

If Payton gets shown the door, the Giants will scoop him up in a heartbeat. It kinda sucks that not only do the Jets have to compete vs the likes of other cities with head coaching openings ( San Fran, Chicago, etc) we have to compete with the Giants as well.

That's why I said the stupidest thing Woody ever did was going in on a Stadium with the Giants .... The Jets had an Identity when they played at Shea I had season tickets back then and it was much different when we moved to Giants stadium I gave up my tickets as did many. This team has no identity and no face of the franchise and we wont until we win the SB other than that we always take a back seat to the god damn Giants

Archived