Manziel gets the nod...

CobraVerde

another player the Jets could have had instead of Pryor

side note i watched the COlts/Browns game in a Browns bar last weekend, these people are like Jets fans without the high expectations. They know they are going to lose, they just don't know how.

The karma of that place was ridiculously awful. People yelling at the TV (NOOOOOO!), smoking cigarettes in a no smoking bar and biting their nails.  And Browns stadium has 10s of thousands of them every week. 

People bashing this move are obviously just Manziel haters. I have no idea if the dude will be good. I do know that Hoyer has been the worst QB in the NFL since the calendar turned to November, and yes, I'm including Geno and Vick in that assessment.

People bashing this move are obviously just Manziel haters. I have no idea if the dude will be good. I do know that Hoyer has been the worst QB in the NFL since the calendar turned to November, and yes, I'm including Geno and Vick in that assessment.

Not a fan of the kid, but Bengals defense is definitely legit. Just a bad team to play against starting your first game. While in a playoff hunt.

Not a fan of the kid, but Bengals defense is definitely legit. Just a bad team to play against starting your first game. While in a playoff hunt.

They are near the bottom of the league in sacks (believe they had a whopping total of 15 prior to PIT game) and are coming off a game in which their defense was just obliterated via both the run and pass. They ain't the '85 Bears. They're not even the '13 Bengals.

C'mon man.  He didn't really go in the toilet until the middle of the month. 

EDIT: Oh, and welcome back!

Amen

Thank god we avoided the disaster of choosing the Mini Tebow, Johnny Meatball

Manziel Will come out and torch the Bengals. Please book it and thank me later.  Why you ask?  Only one reason.  Because we didn't draft him.  It may never happen again and could be the best pro game he ever plays, but he will win this game for the Browns. 

lol  Nice job, guys.

Manziel gets his shot-Browns are in must win mode so all the pressure on him- let see what he has

He will light it up and win the game in Johnny Football fashion.  He may never do another thing after that.  but this is about as good as done.  Espn will rename themselves JFC1.

He will light it up and win the game in Johnny Football fashion.  He may never do another thing after that.  but this is about as good as done.  Espn will rename themselves JFC1.

You know ESPN will be foaming at the mouth for that game

I actually like Manziel. I watched him at A&M. and i love the Johnny B Good attitude. I just dont like "Running QBs" in the NFL. People underestimate the speed of linebackers and DLmen. Wilson is one of the few that is just as good as a pocket passer cause he always keeps his eyes down field, the pocket moves with him. Im not sure Johnny will still keep his eyes down field and more panic and run. Hes not built like Kapernick. . If johnny fails it's a blow up for the Browns because then they wont be able to trade him cause now everyone knows what they got. Right now you can also pretty much bet that Hoyer is gone when he becomes a free agent so as it stands you actually better win even more with Johnny. I know Hoyer has been down a few games but Ive seen him win games with throws. Im willing to give a second year guy trying to make a run in the AFC north some slack. Johnny is gonna have his chance now to prove if he can make that throw...

I actually like Manziel. I watched him at A&M. and i love the Johnny B Good attitude. I just dont like "Running QBs" in the NFL. People underestimate the speed of linebackers and DLmen. Wilson is one of the few that is just as good as a pocket passer cause he always keeps his eyes down field, the pocket moves with him. Im not sure Johnny will still keep his eyes down field and more panic and run. Hes not built like Kapernick. . If johnny fails it's a blow up for the Browns because then they wont be able to trade him cause now everyone knows what they got. Right now you can also pretty much bet that Hoyer is gone when he becomes a free agent so as it stands you actually better win even more with Johnny. I know Hoyer has been down a few games but Ive seen him win games with throws. Im willing to give a second year guy trying to make a run in the AFC north some slack. Johnny is gonna have his chance now to prove if he can make that throw...

Why would they trade him? They drafted him in the first round to be their QB of the future. When the starter has an 0/7 TD/INT ratio over a three week span while the team is fighting for their playoff lives, the future becomes now. Fact: only one Browns QB has scored a TD in the last three weeks and it's Johnny Manziel. I'm not big on running QBs, either, but Hoyer has proven he's nothing more than a game manager on his best day. He's also 29, btw. NOT a second year guy.

As we are starting to see now with Kapernick and with the complete meltdown of RGIII the best way to keep these QB's who come from these spread and read option type offenses in college is to keep them in the pocket and let them beat you with his arm.

Can't stand Manziel. Hope the Bengals kill him

So far Pettine seems to be a pretty good H/C. He put an annual train wreck of a team back on track so until this idea bombs I will believe he knows what he has in Manziel.

Seems like Pettine is cast in the same mold as his former buddy, Rex.  Both guys seem to have a knack for destroying QBs.

Archived