Manziel gets the nod...

CobraVerde

Watch and learn.

Seems like Pettine is cast in the same mold as his former buddy, Rex.  Both guys seem to have a knack for destroying QBs.

Got it. Pettine ruined Hoyer. Rex ruined Geno, Sanchez, McElroy, Simms, Boyd.

Which BTW even if true has nothing to do with whether or not Manziel stinks.

At the very least least Browns fans have an interesting game to tune into this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Got it. Pettine ruined Hoyer. Rex ruined Geno, Sanchez, McElroy, Simms, Boyd.

Which BTW even if true has nothing to do with whether or not Manziel stinks.

At the very least least Browns fans have an interesting game to tune into this weekend.

All I'm saying is that Pettine seems to be taking the same road to ruin as Rex.  I agree with you that Rex' "body of work" is much more impressive/horrific that Pettine's.  

No doubt that game will be fun to watch.  I want Manziel to succeed, but think he'll take too many shots to make this a reality.

They are near the bottom of the league in sacks (believe they had a whopping total of 15 prior to PIT game) and are coming off a game in which their defense was just obliterated via both the run and pass. They ain't the '85 Bears. They're not even the '13 Bengals.

Oops. 

That article someone posted written by Steve Young and his theory concerning qb's and staying in the pocket, exhausing the play etc  - since reading it, it has affected my whole outlook on these exciting mobile college qb's. It's hard to argue with the points made in that article.  Basically, if running isn't your last option after exhausing the play, you won't be a very good NFL qb.