Sheldon Richardson: Jets fans who give up on Geno Smith are quitters

F.Chowds

Ah that's who he went to movies with....

And yesterday story was how Sheldon can't wait to get his payday

And the day before was how he tho he deserves pro bowl

Stfu already! He plays 1 good game and his mouth starts a running....when he has quiet game u don't hear peep

The kid deserves to get paid just like Revis did. He is all in 100% committed, he is pissed that not everyone else on this team isn't. I mean the kid had 3 sacks was all over the field and almost caught a track star 40 yards away from the line of scrimmage (thankfully he didn't). On the field this kid backs up his words, and is a great teammate showing support for a QB everyone knows is back up fodder. I don't expect him to lay into his teammates publicly, yes he should have stayed queit about the Jets fans, but I don't blame him it's tough taking the abuse from all sides, sometimes you kinda pop the lid, and feel you need to fight out the corner, and defend the people in your building.

It will take at least 6 years to repair what Woody, Tannembaum, Idzik and Ryan have done to this team.

it doesn't take that long but they need someone in charge who can make a draft pick. Tanny was actually better at drafting than Idzik, that's mind boggling.

as for sheldon there's a reason why these guys play defensive line and aren't professors. It takes a special kind of angry/dumb to rage like a D lineman. defense, when played at the highest levels, is about irrational anger. Ray Lewis for example. I can't fault Sheldon for being sheldon. If he was calm and smart and rational he'd be an offensive guard. Or an accountant. Becoming an NFL defensive lineman is an irrational career choice. It's not something that smart, thoughtful, calm people do with their lives.

The kid deserves to get paid just like Revis did. He is all in 100% committed, he is pissed that not everyone else on this team isn't. I mean the kid had 3 sacks was all over the field and almost caught a track star 40 yards away from the line of scrimmage (thankfully he didn't). On the field this kid backs up his words, and is a great teammate showing support for a QB everyone knows is back up fodder. I don't expect him to lay into his teammates publicly, yes he should have stayed queit about the Jets fans, but I don't blame him it's tough taking the abuse from all sides, sometimes you kinda pop the lid, and feel you need to fight out the corner, and defend the people in your building.

The kid is on fast track to become a real a$$hole

Chances are he will not sign second contract.

Attacking the fans is just stupid, and linemen don't have to be stupid to be good.

Irrationally angry and violent is the job description of a defensive tackle. There's little room for nuance in that worldview.    

What he said about money by the way is absolutely true. Everyone in the NFL plays for money, every week. 

As far as I am concerned he can say what ever he wants. The man back up his mouth with his play and supports his brothers. Remember Mr Brain Cox, same vain, played his heart out and spoke his mind.

Agreed. Personally I think Geno is shot/sucks, but Sheldon is playing his heart out and is a pro bowl caliber player. He can say what he wants. 

He can say whatever he wants, he's earned that right. Of course as a team mate he's gonna step up for other guys so I don't get why people would be upset. I guess locker room cancer like Tone, TO etc. that openly bash other team mates and stir the pot are way better for your team chemistry, huh. Sheldon is saying the right things, some fans need to pull their skirts back up and stop being so defensive/thin skinned.

NFL players tend to be the least objective about other players, especially teammates.  That's why I laugh when people say that only coaches, players and former players should be allowed to critique the performance of athletes. 

Of course they will still defend Geno.  They live in a little bubble where they see him practice every week against a horrible Jets secondary. 

Archived