When will Woody speak and what will he say?

Flushing Roots

I am guessing he won't say boo until Black Monday or after.

Will he come out right away and express his disappointment or will he wait until he has his replacements to speak to that and the future?

Will it be across the board changes or specific positions?

Will he lower ticket prices next year?

Curious to know what Jet Nation has to say...

Incarcerated Bob just reported that Woody was going to post his final plans for management and coaching changes on a Jet fan message board.

But when he signed on at Jets Insider, he got redirected to Scout and got immediately so annoyed by HYATT that he gave up the idea completely.

If only he had Maxman and JN on his rolodex, we would have gotten the inside scoop

• Upvote 1

Will he come out right away and express his disappointment or will he wait until he has his replacements to speak to that and the future?

Great thread.

Woody is really a coward. Man up Woody.

• Upvote 1

"I think its all growing pains. We have decided to keep Idzik on as he is doing a phenomenal job. We have given Rex a one year extension. The injuries were our setback. We have fired our assistant special teams coach, as clearly he was the issue."

Something along those lines. Woody is not a smart man.

John Idzik and myself have mutually agreed to go our separate ways. We wish John all the luck.

I have read, and heard the criticism that I didn't use football people in making the decision to hire our last GM. I have elected to heed that advise.

Rex Ryan will be conducting the interviews while I go off on a month long humanitarian Trip to Carnes. Rex and I will be in touch daily, and I'm sure a great choice will be made shortly.

If I were the average fan I would log on, and guarantee my PSL location now. When the news breaks on this hire, good seats will be hard to come by. You can re-sell them at a later date for a profit. Think of it as an investment

Only good thing I see right now from the recent decent to this year's disaster is the secondary market on PSLs is rapidly declining.

If one wants to get in with the hope that we have hit rock bottom and better times are ahead, now is the time to make the commitment.

Same concept as the stock market.  We can't possibly suck this bad for much longer.

Who gives an S what that moron thinks. If he has any balls he'll fire Idzikiot, Rex, trade a future2nd rd pick and MoWilk for Harbaugh and draft Winston or Mariota in the 1st rd.

Otherwise I'll be rooting for the Giants when they're blowing us out next year after Idzikiot keeps his job and brings in Dan Quinn and Brian Hoyer.

Only good thing I see right now from the recent decent to this year's disaster is the secondary market on PSLs is rapidly declining.

If one wants to get in with the hope that we have hit rock bottom and better times are ahead, now is the time to make the commitment.

Same concept as the stock market. We can't possibly suck this bad for much longer.

Prolly right. If you are wise, you can land some nice LSL.seats in a high row for a good price. Don't make the huge mistake of going cheap with corner or EZ seats, especially Mezz A where you need binoculars or a telescope to see the half of the field on the opposite side of the 50 yard line

First thing I need to hear is an apology. Seriously. This season has been a compete abomination. I've been a fan of this team since the mid 80's. Honestly, it hasn't been that bad. I always complain about how hard it is to be a Jets fan, but they had a little success in the 80's, a nice run in the late 90's. I enjoyed the Pennington, Martin, Chrebet era. And even during Tannenbaums time as GM he certainly had a way of creating hope. I believed in Mangenuis, Sanchez, Rex and that awesome defense in 2009 and 2010. There have been ups and downs like every other NFL team.

This year is far from the most painful I've experienced. 99' and 2011 were worse for me because I had big expectations. This year I knew the playoffs were a long shot.

That being said, there is so much that was neglected, such a poor effort on the field every week and a bunch of young players with horrible attitudes.

There's no question that Idzik didn't do his job and turn over every stone when building the 2014 roster. I'm not criticizing him for making bad moves, it's the non-moves that are inexcusable.

There is no question our team is ill prepared on a weekly basis. This is 100% on Rex. This "too many players on the field" thing that has gone on all season with the offense and defense is simply a slap in the face to fans who financially support this team, especially the high priced PSL people. Rex just isn't doing his job, it's not about being 2-11 it's what we are seeing on the field.

There is no question the players can care less about what fans think of the product they are putting on the field. There hasn't been an ounce of remorse or accountability. And guys like Richardson calling fans "quitters" and Geno flipping off fans in the stadium including children.... WTF??? How can this organization do nothing to penalize these guys for this behavior?

Woody needs to do something, I don't know what, but something big to keep me engaged with this team in 2015. 4 years without a playoff birth is bad, but it happens in this league. But if Woody thinks his usual half measures are going to appease this fan base he is sadly mistaken.

Harbaugh, Saban, Gruden, ..... a big name in the front office, ... a bluechip QB in the draft as well as a rock solid veteran. If he thinks it's been tough selling tickets before, that stadium is going to be EMPTY in 2015.

Pass on Saban and no way he ever comes. I'll get give Elisha Cuthbert anal before Jon Gruden leaves announcing to come here. The only big name we have a shot at is Harbaugh but Woody needs the brains and balls to pull the trigger

If Woody wants to get an immediate message out to his fan base he should issue a "statement"

to the media conveying his disgust with this season's results.  He should not have any kind of

press conference until he makes a decision on how big the changes will be inside the organization.

Because all the media would do is act like the "word police" and pick apart every word and make

fun of him 

• Upvote 1

If Woody wants to get an immediate message out to his fan base he should issue a "statement"

to the media conveying his disgust with this season's results. He should not have any kind of

press conference until he makes a decision on how big the changes will be inside the organization.

Because all the media would do is act like the "word police" and pick apart every word and make

fun of him

Thank goodness when JI went to the Scout cemetery, the great poster KRL chose the Nation

If Woody wants to get an immediate message out to his fan base he should issue a "statement"

to the media conveying his disgust with this season's results.  He should not have any kind of

fun of him 

The media will pick him apart whether what he says is in print or in a press conference.

I think what may happen is on Black Monday there will be a very factual press release on who is gone and that the search is on for replacements.

When they make a decision on who is coming in on the vacated jobs, that is when Woody will speak to the disappointment of 2014 and the future.

But as was stated in another thread, Woody is going to have to really make a big splash to energize this fan base who are showing up at games with bags on their heads, "Fire Idzik" towels and lighters held to their PSLs.

• Upvote 1

The media will pick him apart whether what he says is in print or in a press conference.

I think what may happen is on Black Monday there will be a very factual press release on who is gone and that the search is on for replacements.

When they make a decision on who is coming in on the vacated jobs, that is when Woody will speak to the disappointment of 2014 and the future.

But as was stated in another thread, Woody is going to have to really make a big splash to energize this fan base who are showing up at games with bags on their heads, "Fire Idzik" towels and lighters held to their PSLs.

Wrong about the PSL part. More than 95 percent of the 50000 PSLs sold (82K minus 27.5K Upper deck = 55K less the suites and Mezzanine clubs never sold (est 5K) are fully paid or have one remaining installment payment. Very few if any took the 15 year financing at over 8 percent interest. So setting fire to PSLs only hurts the idiot with the lighter, not the Jets.

the doofus will make some stupid comment like "the most important thing is that we have a republican majority in the senate, the country comes first!" He will then proclaim "Rex is now HC and GM, he is a leader of men and I have the highest confidence in him." Then the two of them will go to woody's office and giggle while rex tells him jokes and they drink beer together.

Ok.

What difference does it make when he talks and what he says? It's not like any potential such talking has any meaning of any kind.

So who cares (or more apt, who should care?)

Since this is fantasy land, here goes. ' Good morning. 2-14,3-13(fill in final record) is not acceptable, and I want to apologize to all Jet season ticket holders for the disgrace we tried to disguise as a football team this year.You are the best fans in the NFL, and it's time I started acting like an owner that is worthy of your passion and loyalty. That said, John, Rex and the coaching staff will not be retained going forward, and we will begin immediately to hire a GM , who will then hire his own head coach. I know I don't deserve it, but please give me the the chance to fix this. We will get it right. Thank you."

What is with this mistaken notion that he has to say anything before the season is over???

Why?

NO owner says or does anything while the season is still being played not even the owners who.really are doofuses and morons like Mark Davis or Daniel Snyder

So far some of the posters here are showing more about themselves than about Woody

I don't like that he is rich!!! He must tell us NOW

I don't like that he is a Republican!!! He must tell us NOW

I don't like his baseball cap!!! He must tell us NOW

Ridiculous

Wrong about the PSL part. More than 95 percent of the 50000 PSLs sold (82K minus 27.5K Upper deck = 55K less the suites and Mezzanine clubs never sold (est 5K) are fully paid or have one remaining installment payment. Very few if any took the 15 year financing at over 8 percent interest. So setting fire to PSLs only hurts the idiot with the lighter, not the Jets.

Setting fire to a PSL agreement is purely symbolic.  Since we get them in a .pdf they can be printed, lit on fire, used to wipe my ass, pick up dog poop or line the bird cage each and every week.  Of course since this a Jets PSL, I would probably wipe my ass with it, get a massive paper cut and bleed to death.