MSN has Jets first in the field for top draft pk

kuma

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/teams-at-bottom-of-nfl-can-look-to-draft/ar-BBgGqgm

It's

Marcus Mariota

That's who they pick 1st, not a cornerback

Slow down. I don't think the article even actually suggests that the Jets are the most likely of the teams discussed to land the first pick. FO only has us at even money to pick in the top three. Anybody who thought this was ever going to be as easy as blowing it all up and rebuilding around an elite quarterback prospect just hasn't been paying attention.

All the people hating on Mariota:

No fan of the Jets has any right to dog the best player in college football having the 2nd greatest season in QB history. After what we have tolerated the last 20 years is inexcusable.

Next, what vet is gonna be actually possible to bring in?

Bradford will most likely rework his deal in StL.

Cutler and Dalton are not going anywhere, nor should they.

Chip Kelly is not going to ditch Sanchez or Foles until one guy separates himself from the other.

I'm open to suggestions but unless Locker can stay healthy there are zero options out there to compete with at the QB position. Maybe if we had AZ ' S defense, but we are not close.

We either go all in and bring in Lazor and do what ever it takes to land Mariota or we are going to continue to be bad enough to be the worst team in the division but not bad enough to get the franchise guy again for a LONG time.

All the people hating on Mariota:

No fan of the Jets has any right to dog the best player in college football having the 2nd greatest season in QB history. After what we have tolerated the last 20 years is inexcusable.

Next, what vet is gonna be actually possible to bring in?

Bradford will most likely rework his deal in StL.

Cutler and Dalton are not going anywhere, nor should they.

Chip Kelly is not going to ditch Sanchez or Foles until one guy separates himself from the other.

I'm open to suggestions but unless Locker can stay healthy there are zero options out there to compete with at the QB position. Maybe if we had AZ ' S defense, but we are not close.

We either go all in and bring in Lazor and do what ever it takes to land Mariota or we are going to continue to be bad enough to be the worst team in the division but not bad enough to get the franchise guy again for a LONG time.

Sanchez is a free agent at season's end, so it's not up to Kelly to ditch him, it's up to Kelly to pay to keep him.

I can make bold statements too

Jets will pick #1 and go Marcus Mariota

Mine is closer to reality too

Didn't think I was making that bold of a statement, I think it's really the most likely scenario. And it's not a bad scenario at all, maybe the best case scenario.

I hope you're right.. but I'd bet the house that there is zero way that the Jets pick #1 this year. Much better chances of them winning 1 more game..... Which would land them at #6.

How good is TN's Defensive line this time around? A good one is what kills Geno. 

Well this year the Titans have 31 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, have helped force 12 INT's and are 2-11.  Last year they had 36 sacks, 14 forced fumbles, 13 INT's and were 7-9.  So the significant differences there are forced fumbles and wins. 

But to be fair, they haven't faced Geno yet this year.  They might make up some serious ground in that FF's department.

Well this year the Titans have 31 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, have helped force 12 INT's and are 2-11.  Last year they had 36 sacks, 14 forced fumbles, 13 INT's and were 7-9.  So the significant differences there are forced fumbles and wins. 

But to be fair, they haven't faced Geno yet this year.  They might make up some serious ground in that FF's department.

LOL. 

I'm not really sure how you can say Cooper or Scherf are the vest possible outcome. Regardless of how good either of them will be, if we have Geno One Read at QB, we are going no where. There are no free agent QBS that you can build a team around. Winston can't stay out of trouble in Tallahassee, FL, what happens when he becomes a millionaire in NY. Fail. That's what happens. Cook from what I'm reading is staying in school. That leaves Hundley, Petty, and Prescott. All three could be classified as long shots. Maybe Prescott can develop into a poor man's Russell Wilson but he is a long way away and needs elite coaching at the next level.

If the Jets don't come away with Mariota, we are not going any where any time soon. Unless our new coaching staff can pull the crap that Love Smith and Wise hunt are pulling next year, and we repeat another 2014 disaster.

I don't want either of these guys (mariota or winston). Bring in a vet and let's rebuild the Oline. Take Scerff or Ogbeuhi, trade dbrick. Let's get the team in order, draft a WR second and a guard and defense the rest of the way. 

Brick's cap number is $12, $14 and $14 million respectively, with a dickload of dead space the next two years.  I honestly don't see anyway that he's off this team prior to 2017. I like the idea of building up the line, but not sure jettisoning our LT for a rookie is the best idea.  For what it's worth, I'll take Scherff over Ogbuehi, I'm not sure I really trust the later. 

Brick's cap number is $12, $14 and $14 million respectively, with a dickload of dead space the next two years.  I honestly don't see anyway that he's off this team prior to 2017. I like the idea of building up the line, but not sure jettisoning our LT for a rookie is the best idea.  For what it's worth, I'll take Scherff over Ogbuehi, I'm not sure I really trust the later. 

Didn't realize it's that much, if he was playing well it wouldn't be that much of an issue but he's probably been the second worst linemen this year. Ahead of winters. But yeah Scherff is a monster. 

I don't want either of these guys (mariota or winston). Bring in a vet and let's rebuild the Oline. Take Scerff or Ogbeuhi, trade dbrick. Let's get the team in order, draft a WR second and a guard and defense the rest of the way. 

and what vet do we suggest we bring in?

Didn't realize it's that much, if he was playing well it wouldn't be that much of an issue but he's probably been the second worst linemen this year. Ahead of winters. But yeah Scherff is a monster. 

You reckon Giacomini and Colon are playing better than Brick?

I'm not really sure how you can say Cooper or Scherf are the vest possible outcome. Regardless of how good either of them will be, if we have Geno One Read at QB, we are going no where. There are no free agent QBS that you can build a team around. Winston can't stay out of trouble in Tallahassee, FL, what happens when he becomes a millionaire in NY. Fail. That's what happens. Cook from what I'm reading is staying in school. That leaves Hundley, Petty, and Prescott. All three could be classified as long shots. Maybe Prescott can develop into a poor man's Russell Wilson but he is a long way away and needs elite coaching at the next level.

If the Jets don't come away with Mariota, we are not going any where any time soon. Unless our new coaching staff can pull the crap that Love Smith and Wise hunt are pulling next year, and we repeat another 2014 disaster.

If we draft Mariota, we'll be set back for more than a year. Just because he's good in college does not mean his skull set is transferable to the NFL

Archived