Seattle is successful because

SickJetFan

Oh yeah?  How has USC done since he left? They back on top #1?

They lost half their scholarships for two years and most of their recruits after the sanctions. They are also having a killer recruiting class in their first year without them. Let's see how they fair now that they're over before we start declaring the death of a powerhouse.

Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll brought success to Seattle because he is a great coach and he knows how to evaluate talent.  Coming from his USC success because of good recruiting and teaching.  Maybe he even bent the rules a bit and got out just in time but even if he bent rules he must of did by correctly evaluating the talent and took the calculated risks to aquire talent.  

He must work 24x7 but even with that there are so many prospects and he makes so many good decisions he is not doing alone.  He must be hooked into the best scouting in the country in my opinion.  He has been around for so long in both college and NFL and has lots of friends.

We need a Pete Carroll.  Doubtful there is another one out there but maybe we could get a GM who is well liked and knows college recruiting, has lots of friends in all corners of the scouting world, and who isn't afraid to take some calculated risk.  Maybe we can find some good off/def teachers/coaches to take it from there.  Then finally a chess playing head coach who knows both sides of the ball.

If I was Woody that is where I would focus to right the ship!

He couldnt crack .500 or a win a road game prior to Russell Wilson.

They lost half their scholarships for two years and most of their recruits after the sanctions. They are also having a killer recruiting class in their first year without them. Let's see how they fair now that they're over before we start declaring the death of a powerhouse.

O I c

Let's wait and give them time to recover before deciding whether they will be #1 for 7-8 seasons in a row and win 7-8 of those bowl games...gotcha

We made the AFCCG 2 out of Rex's first 3 years and fans hate him now??

Yeah then they proceeded to suck for next 4 years

Meanwhile Carroll went onto to win Superbowl and he could be headed there again.

Yeah but Carroll was just lucky I agree...the 7 years at USC and the last 5 at Seattle...yep just a coincidence as the guy is a complete buffoon...

Yeah then they proceeded to suck for next 4 years

Meanwhile Carroll went onto to win Superbowl and he could be headed there again.

Yeah but Carroll was just lucky I agree...the 7 years at USC and the last 5 at Seattle...yep just a coincidence as the guy is a complete buffoon...

You have a anger problem LOL who called him a buffoon other then you?? What Jif said is fact the team took off when Wilson became the starting QB.. I give Carroll credit for naming him the QB over Matt Flynn who was signed to a 26 million contract with 10 million guaranteed in 2012..

Lol.

had anyone drafted Wilson ahead of Seattle (he went right around where he was expected to go), Carroll probably would have been fired within a year of what ended up being a championship season.

You're selling Petey short ... cheating has played a big role in his success to date and as soon as he figures out how to do that at the NFL level - DYNASTY.

O I c

Let's wait and give them time to recover before deciding whether they will be #1 for 7-8 seasons in a row and win 7-8 of those bowl games...gotcha

Right. His point was that it's easier to sell USC. Your point was that it wasn't because they no longer had Carroll, which ignored the sanctions. The sanctions are over, and they already have one of the top recruiting classes in the country again.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2015

To Wrong Foo. You're wrong. Wrong wrong wrongity wrong wrong. Wrongey McWrongenstein.

Right. His point was that it's easier to sell USC. Your point was that it wasn't because they no longer had Carroll, which ignored the sanctions. The sanctions are over, and they already have one of the top recruiting classes in the country again.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2015

To Wrong Foo. You're wrong. Wrong wrong wrongity wrong wrong. Wrongey McWrongenstein.

Lol but I am Irish...won't pass for a stein.

You have a anger problem LOL who called him a buffoon other then you?? What Jif said is fact the team took off when Wilson became the starting QB.. I give Carroll credit for naming him the QB over Matt Flynn who was signed to a 26 million contract with 10 million guaranteed in 2012..

Lol 

I don't get angry on message board

I save my anger for my drinking and take it out on wife, kids, and pets like it ought to be done! Amiright?

Parcels not only benefit from keyshawn and Crebet but also a xmillion investment into online the year before he got here.  He then proceeded to mortgage the future and he got lucky with a wash up interception machine!  Once he lost Vinny the house of cards came crumble down.

again we disagree.   Parcells, while much of what you say has merit, built a team that caried us into the 2004 2005 era.. I have read 2 of his 3 books. His intellect of the game is unreal.  Rex can hardly articulate the idea of a play.

Coaching matters. I believe that Flacco for example, in our system, would be below average.

That organization builds a team around him , from the GM to all coaches.

Lol 

I don't get angry on message board

I save my anger for my drinking and take it out on wife, kids, and pets like it ought to be done! Amiright?

I have none of those things to get mad at.. :winking0001: But message boards do serve as a excellent platform to rant and rage for those that can't afford professional help like Tom Shane.. 129fs916747.gif

Lol oh your right my mistake

aTTENTION ALL

Everything I said about Carroll is complete bullsh*t

Carroll had nothing to do with USC success all those years...they were successful I spite of him

Carroll has had no part in Seattle success since 2010 in fact they sh just let him go since they can just hire. Chimpanzee since they have Russell Wilson

Carroll should just go back to mcdonalds

Sorry for the confusion

Have a wonderful jets football day

Go jets

#jflg_OK

I'm starting to think you weren't on the debate team in your youth.

I'm starting to think you weren't on the debate team in your youth.

Lol I post for fun...don't take it too seriously and besides it started getting away off my original topic which was simply we need a good talent oriented gm, teacher coaches, and a game manager hc who can anticipate moves 3\4 ahead during games and adjust accordingly. Just in my opinion of course.

Lol I post for fun...don't take it too seriously and besides it started getting away off my original topic which was simply we need a good talent oriented gm, teacher coaches, and a game manager hc who can anticipate moves 3\4 ahead during games and adjust accordingly. Just in my opinion of course.

The last thing I'm doing is taking this back & forth seriously. 

But I stand by my original response about Carroll. 

The last thing I'm doing is taking this back & forth seriously. 

But I stand by my original response about Carroll. 

and I stand by mine - 7+ consecutive years at USC being number 1 and 4 of 5 years playoffs with Seattle did not happens by Carroll being lucky.

Archived