Harvin Won't Take Pay Cut To Stay With Jets

flgreen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that loves this guy? Restructure his deal and keep him here. I really like the combination of Harvin and Decker. He had some pretty good games already with sh*tty QB play.

nope. im a big fan as well. i want him on the team next year even if we dont restructure. it is just nice having good receivers and a legit threat on offense. harvin decker and kerley is the best since cotchery, holmes, and edwards.  

We have the money, and we don't have talent. Percy is talented. I don't see why we would get rid of him. So we can march out sorry receivers like Hill or Gates? Come on. If it comes down to Percy or using the money on other legitimate talent, then we worry. But where we are standing now, getting rid of him to save Woody money makes no sense to me. Back to have Decker and nothing else. 

So now we are taking articles by Florio with his source of Mehta as gospel?

Even if true, the jets have plenty of room to keep him at his current salary and still have the space to upgrade the team. Not an issue

They don't have plenty of money to pay a guy like Percy Harvin $10mm...People keep speaking like the Jets cap money to burn...They don't...

They already threw $7mm away on this guy (just horrible, horrible move) - This team has soooo many holes that need to be filled...and in order to get people to come to this mess they're going to have to overpay....

Bringing in Harvin wasn't stupid in my book. Idzik just spent a bunch of Woody's money on a flyer to see if he could inject anything of substance into an offense that featured roadkill at the QB position.

Not going to hurt us if he goes and can only hurt us going forward if they give him more than he's worth to stay. 

they threw away $7 million after the season was over...

He wasn't spending Woody's money - he was spending cap dollars and those are precious.

He wasn't spending Woody's money - he was spending cap dollars and those are precious.

you must be referring to 7 Million of the 20 plus million that was sitting there collecting dust.

So precious, that it was worth holding onto instead of going out and helping to solve the empty slots all over our roster. Money in the bank > talent on the field.

So precious, that it was worth holding onto instead of going out and helping to solve the empty slots all over our roster. Money in the bank > talent on the field.

Money spent when it serves no real purpose is money wasted...Save and use the money wisely when it makes sense.

Jet fans have no patience and are unwilling to try and build a winning team....everyone would have rather have seen Idzik spend all the money and battle for 9 wins (which still would have been unlikely) and wild card spot....I would rather try and build a team that has a legit shot at winning a SB.

The key to what you said "saved" - it's saved not wasted...

Money spent when it serves no real purpose is money wasted...Save and use the money wisely when it makes sense.

Jet fans have no patience and are unwilling to try and build a winning team....everyone would have rather have seen Idzik spend all the money and battle for 9 wins (which still would have been unlikely) and wild card spot....I would rather try and build a team that has a legit shot at winning a SB.

Once in, everyone has a shot. The idea of wasting a season is ridiculous. Its a win now game.

Once in, everyone has a shot. The idea of wasting a season is ridiculous. Its a win now game.

It's not wasting a season it's a learning year.  They didn't know what Geno had...Had Geno been even okay this team would have been competing for a playoff spot.

The roster was good enough to win if we didn't have literally the worst QB in football....Had we spent the money maybe they would have won 5 games and except now we are in cap hell....

Funny how some people who criticize Idzik for not spending, turn around and complain about him spending.

Harvin will be on the 2015 roster. He's the biggest playmaker we have. We have the cap room. We traded a 4th to get him

what's the problem?

If you guys think Holmes was a locker room cancer, just watch Harvin next year.

what in gods green earth makes you believe that idzik can acquire enough talent to win a super bowl?

Funny how some people who criticize Idzik for not spending, turn around and complain about him spending.

Harvin will be on the 2015 roster. He's the biggest playmaker we have. We have the cap room. We traded a 4th to get him

what's the problem?

Harvin is an exciting player, but a gadget guy more than a #1 WR type. He's not worth the $10.5M he's due next year. He costs a fourth rounder if they keep him, but just a sixth rounder if they don't. It's no slam dunk he's on the roster next year, and it shouldn't be.

Keep Percy. Draft Cooper.

Even a medicore QB can have success throwing to a Cooper/Percy/Decker trio. ****, it's not like we'll be cash strapped if we pay Harvin $10 million next year.

You are right, a mediocre QB could have some limited success. Problem is, we don't have a mediocre QB. Don't even have the prospects of finding one. Might as well draft another DL next year. We will still not be any closer to third place in the AFC East either way.

Archived