Meaningless sh*t Win

neckdemon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no guarantees on Mariota, and there are no guarantees on Winston.

You play to win, period.  Don't like it?  Cheer for another team.

Jeepers...we are the ONLY fan base that cheers for losing.

oh yeah? you think the colts fans were upset as they sucked for luck? you think they are upset now that luck is a beast? i'll cheer for whoever the **** I want and i'll cheer for them to win or lose if I want. who are you to tell anyone how or who or what to cheer for anyway? this win did absolutely nothing for the team except give us a worse draft pick. congrats...

Obviously it would be better if we lost, but you simply can't ask players to lose on purpose. There's no way around it. And I can't hate them for beating another crappy team. I hate them for not working hard enough to be competitive each week.

I like the idea of Mariota, but his stock just keeps rising. He went from a top 10 to probably the #1 pick. I guess if he really tanks in the playoffs vs Winston it might hurt him a bit but there are a couple of QB needy teams that will be drafting ahead of us. I'm not into trading anything for him. If he falls to us, sure... But going RGIII on this guy would be a disaster. He really needs to sit one year and learn how to be a pocket passer, but he's going to go so high he won't have the chance to learn. He will be thrown to the wolves.

Does anyone know Sean Payton's contract situation? I have read some stuff about the team considering moving on from him. I'd trade a 1st rounder for him. Rob Ryan's garbage defense may have created a situation where one of the best HC's in this league becomes available. Finally a Ryan who could help us.

This doesn't matter if Idzik is staying, as was reported. He's going to completely f*ck up the head coaching hire and draft, anyway.

We're looking at another 5-10 years of this sh!t, at minimum. We're screwed.

On the bright side, this increases the chances of the Jets getting the No. 1 pick when a bona fide generational QB like Luck is available.

There are no guarantees on Mariota, and there are no guarantees on Winston.

You play to win, period.  Don't like it?  Cheer for another team.

Jeepers...we are the ONLY fan base that cheers for losing.

Tried that.  Cheered for the Titans.  Didn't work.

Wanted the pick for Cooper or a trade down.

we will prolly lose the next two games, going 3-13 on the season. im guessing we bump up to the top 5

For the jets to move into top 5, best case scenario is

1- Lose next 2

2- Washington wins at least 1 game (Jets move up to 5)

3- Oakland wins at least 1 game (Jets move up to 4)

4- Jags win two games or win 1 game and SOS gets better. (possible, but difficult Jets move up to 3)

5- TN wins 2 games (unlikely, and they mess us up and beat jags too)

6- Tampa wins 2 games (unlikely, play GB and New Orleans)

Likely scenario is picking somewhere in 4-6 range.

Archived