2015 QB

Dennis Byrd 90

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another year of suck.

no matter how you slice it we may very well have another year of suck ....But keep in mind we have a lot of salary cap room next year and if we dump Rex and Idzik and the new GM comes in here and does a good job at adding players and filling much needed holes we should be just fine if we get a QB that's at the very least competent. Matt Moore and Kirk Cousins are good QB's they have both had some nice stretches of games in this league and both were also caught up in some dysfunctional messes that put them on a bad path. They will not be the answer but they can step in for a year or 2 while we figure out what rookie will be the guy .

Other areas of need

OLB

CB

#1 WR

OG

We are not in terrible shape we do have some solid areas on the team and our defense could easily turn it around with money well spent in Free agency

Geno, as I see it, was sold and acts as a "running QB" more than a passer. Lets not do that again.

In college, Geno Smith didn't run. His rushing stats were paltry. He had something minuscule like 250 rushing yards over 4 years.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1700358/geno-smith

Even though is a rare athlete and CAN run, he almostnever did it. The Jets have tried to coax it out of him, scramble more. But there's nothing in Geno Smith's college career that points to him being a runner. 

Pretty sure Aaron Rodgers is third in QB rushing yards.  Go figure.

If you think of Aaron Rogers as a "running QB" and not a "big armed passing QB", you're doing it wrong.

Having a QB who can scramble once in a while, fine.

Having a QB who is sold, in ANY way, as a "runner" is not. Runners are almost never the best passers.

I want a passer. I want, for a change, to have a guy who can actually hit the WR's we have.

I want the kind of excitement a true passer provides. Not the "excitement" provided by hoping my running QB doesn't get his brain broken open...again.

The perfect QB is 6'5", 250+, can throw it accurately 50+ yards on a rope.

Running is almost utterly irrelevant to the QB position at a championship level.

Incorrectly paraphrasing, leaving out the primary and only concern, a "running" QB who is more runner than pocket passer.

I get it Jack Straw (From Witchita), you're trying to shoot your buddy Fish down, lay for me a shallow grave, and lay my posting down.....

But sadly, your attempt to paint me a racist is simply as misguided as it is irrelevant.

I describe them broadly as "black running QB's" because, frankly, recent history shows none of them have been whiteys cause whitey's at QB generally can't run that well, and certainly can't sell themselves as "running QB's".

Has nothing to do with race, has to do with skills. I don't want a runner, I want a cannon arm'ed pocket passer. I want Peyton Manning (or as close as we can get), not RGIII (or as close to him as is available).

Passing first, passing second, passing third, and running skill somewhere around 50th in priority.

Geno, as I see it, was sold and acts as a "running QB" more than a passer. Lets not do that again.

I haven't painted you as anything. I didn't write that post, you did. But kudos for recognizing one of my most favorite dead tunes!

If you think of Aaron Rogers as a "running QB" and not a "big armed passing QB", you're doing it wrong.

Hey I'm just spitting facts I learned yesterday on NFL Redzone.  Just trying to get the most for my $225 yearly fee. 

Obviously his rushing yards are a direct result of his ability to pass from the pocket and on the run.

I hope the hype about Winston being the worst human being in the world continues and he falls to us at 6. Compared to the ass clowns like Peterson, Rice or Vick the guy is a saint.

There's a pretty decent chance that he's a rapist, he doesn't have the high ground against any of those guys.

Having a QB who can scramble once in a while, fine.

Having a QB who is sold, in ANY way, as a "runner" is not. Runners are almost never the best passers.

I want a passer. I want, for a change, to have a guy who can actually hit the WR's we have.

I want the kind of excitement a true passer provides. Not the "excitement" provided by hoping my running QB doesn't get his brain broken open...again.

The perfect QB is 6'5", 250+, can throw it accurately 50+ yards on a rope.

Running is almost utterly irrelevant to the QB position at a championship level.

i just want a "good" QB. Been 30 years

No to everyone on that list.

Jets will retain Geno Smith.  He'll be the #1 for a few weeks in 2015.

Jets will trade up (at massive cost) for Winston (they won't be able to get Mariotta) who will start.

Jets will continue to waste the #3 spot on a guy they have no belief, plans or faith in.  Might even be Simms again.

That's the most likely outcome I see right now.  if Idzik is retained, the pressure to get "a Franchise QB" will force him to sell the Franchises future to get one of the top two, and only one is possible for us to get (as Tampa, at #1, will not win again, and will select Mariotta).

I don't have the words to say how much I hope you are wrong with respect to what I bolded in your post....The last thing the Jets can afford is to give away draft picks on an unproven comodity....

2015 is Geno's breakout season.

I'm not goin that far but Geno is better than 95% of the scrubs I keep hearing.  Jake Locker OMFG at least that bs is over now they've moved on to Matt Moore as the flavor of the month because he had a good game against us 5 years ago.

Just draft a qb in the first couple rounds or trade a late rd pick for Mike Glennon and have a open qb competition.  Mariota is so overrated by Jets fans right now.

I like Locker - but yeah he can't stay healthy....

Coples killed Locker again last week. He come to the Jets and slip and fall in the shower running away from Coples and be done for the season. No way. Moore is an interesting one, but I doubt Miami lets him come here. Mariota is RGIII all over again and Winston has all kinds of question marks. But if he falls to six the Jets should pounce without a moments hesitation.

That's a sad list of QBs.  While most are probably a step up from Geno, I think this just proves that we have to get the right QB in the draft and hope he can beat out one of these guys in a true competition.  Otherwise it's going to be another 3-13 debacle like this year.

ESPN 's Merrill Hoge  predicted Jonny Manziel would not be any good.   I posted that also, last MAY.... when some Jets posters wanted to draft him.  Good thing IDZIK didn't. !!   Imagine the consternation from JetsNation then.!    I really don't know who we are going to get for QB----  Geno does not look like the answer.  see below....

www.espn.go.com

“[W]hoever drafted him in Cleveland, they need to be fired,” Hoge said on ESPN, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.  “Because it’s unfair to the kid.  He has sixth-round talent but first-round hype, and you draft him there and now regardless of what happens from here on out, he will be expected to play like a first-rounder and that’s unfair to him.

“He doesn’t have the skill set to withstand that expectation and that’s not his fault, it’s the Cleveland Browns’ for drafting him that high.”

Hoge doesn’t see things ending well for Manziel and the Browns.

+1 in 2011 when he had a chance to play he completed 60% and had 16 tds and 9 picks when's the last time we had a QB with almost double td's to picks?? Favre had 22 tds and 22 picks in 08..

He wouldn't be a bad option, to be honest. The problem is people expect to find an elite QB in free agency. It rarely happens.

But with Matt Moore, you'll get a solid game manager, who won't kill the team with turnovers. We'd have made the playoffs in 2011, 2013, and possibly even 2012 with that type of QB play. The QB position has absolutely killed us for a while now.

Sign Moore and Iupati in free agency, do what you can to keep Harvin, and draft the top tackle with our first pick. All doable moves with the cap space that we have, and we'll suddenly become a tough football team.

It's time to guy the team trade the veterns. Amass future draft picks get a real gm with personal background that hires his own scouting dept and go that route ! It might take 3 yrs but they need to find a qb. When the jaguars and raiders have more of a settled qb situation then us we have issues

Archived