Sign in to follow this  
56mehl56

Parking/Tailgate

Bunch of clowns, so they are going to have the human cones serve as parking attendants?  I heard the 9AM thing myself and actually sent a email to my rep that if they screw this up, I will have to seriously think about keeping my 4 upper seats next season.  Amazing that a team at 3-11 tries yet to ruin the pregameday experience, as if the product on the field is not enough. 

• Upvote 1

Just make your move over by us in lot E, we'll lockup that whole curb from the attendant booth to the tunnel.

Def something to consider if this turns out to be a cluster #$#%

They did that at the Houston Astrodome.  I went to a game there in 1994 and they had the parking personnel lined up and directed the parking.  No tailgating was allowed.  We all know how that ended up for the Oilers......

We've been tailgaiting at the Meadowlands/Metlife since the Jets moved here. Our group was quite large in the beginning 25-30 which has dwindled down to about a dozen now. We setup our tent and grill but we always get there early to grab an end spot so were not taking extra spaces. So now with these new rules we'll be setting our tent and grill up in the middle of an aisle ?? wherever the human traffic cones point us - how does that help things .

And imagine the traffic geting in as each car awaits said traffic cones on where to park. So for the let's get there at 12 crew don't be surprised if the new and improved change doesn't result in you spending 35-40 minutes in line geting into the stadium before you can park.  But hey your entitled to your parking space so let everyone suffer,

Agreed, it will be like parking in a parking garage in NYC.  This will be a colossal mess on Sunday and yes there will be lines just to pull into the lot. 

Talked to my rep and it looks like it will be enforced starting at 9AM.  We will see.....

as per NY Jets  reps,  get in the parking lot at 8am, and you will have no problem.  it not that hard to walk a case of beer and some chairs a few extra spots away.  quite a few jets fans could use the walk. 

Will report back on this.  My rep said the same thing and we grab a island spot at 8AM when the gate open.  

Another interesting thing for Sunday is the potential for Rain, which would result in a lot of late arrivals and traffic....

The gates open five hours before kick off. I personaly get there about 8:30 for a 1 o'clock game, partly because I like to tailgate but partly because I know if I get there to late the parking lot can be a nightmare to find a spot. I park along a curb and do not take multiple parking spaces. I also do not expect the Jets to change anything about parking just for me. If I get there late I know what I am getting into. All this cyring, wha wha wha I can't have my own way wha wha wha. If I get to the mall late to Christmas shop the same thing happens..... It's life

Very Accurate post, esp the Christmas analogy.  Those going Christmas shopping this Saturday will be parking a long way away from the mall and sit in traffic just to get there.  Same goes with the game.  Get there early, few problems, get there late, traffic and left over spots.  Same goes for all the local sports teams and events. 

It's not about the amount of available spaces. It's the timing.

If I arrive at the game 2 hours early I can get a spot and not worry about tailgaters at all. But if I arrive at the game 30 minutes before kickoff several of the lots are closed already and they're closed already because of tailgaters either taking up more than 1 spot or tailgates that spill out into the roads to the point where they're obstructed and the attendants can't navigate cars through to the spots that are still open.

By segregating tailgaters into their own sections in their own lots all this stuff goes away. Imagine the back half of a lot filling up 3 hours before kickoff 100% filled with partying tailgaters and the front half of the lot remaining virtually empty until 30 minutes before kickoff at which point it can fill up with non-tailgaters in an orderly fashion. The issue is that tailgaters are allowed free reign to spread out all over the lot and after an hour they obstruct spots and roadways to the point where security has to shut them down even though 100s of spots may still be open.

SAR I

Make the arena side no tailgating and you are in the stadium 10 minutes after you park your car at 12:30.  Already have the garage there and that is non tailgating.  But correct me if I am wrong, but I do remember from the JI discussions on this, that you have a Green Pass, which is the way to go if you are a late arrival. 

I will also add that for Giants games, if you get there after 10AM for a 1PM game with a Blue Pass (they have only two classes of parking passes), you have a good chance of ending up in Lot P, which has plenty of spaces available and a short bus ride to the Pepsi Gate. Problem with the Jets is the three tier system of parking and the Yellow pass holders do not want to park in Lot P as that is a orange pass lot, even if they arrive at 12:30. 

Good news for Sunday is that the rain is out of the forecast... Bad news is now the local Pats fans will be invading the parking lots with their chowder.

• Upvote 2

And 10000 of them will be awarded lame Steelers lookalike towels care of the media whore billboard "founders of the cause"

Flying banner jeers the Jets

DECEMBER 18, 2014 LAST UPDATED: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2014, 1:21 AM

THE RECORD

Print

Maybe the Jets should move their practices to the Morristown Municipal Airport, considering they once again found themselves squarely in the middle of a flight pattern Wednesday.

For the second time this season, a plane circled overhead during practice urging the firing of embattled general manager John Idzik. The banner read "PENALTY FLAG DAY 12/21 FIREJOHNIDZIK.COM" in 5-foot capital red letters. It was a reference to a fan protest scheduled to take place during Sunday’s home finale against New England.

Spectators are being urged to bring towels, called "penalty flags" by the organizers of the protest, to the game. The group behind the firejohnidzik.com website has joined forces with other disgruntled Jets’ supporters to produce yellow towels urging owner Woody Johnson to clean house by firing Idzik, team president Neil Glat and senior personnel executive Terry Bradway. A banner suggesting the firing of Idzik flew overhead during practice Nov. 5.

None of the Jets’ executives referenced on the towels appeared to be in attendance at practice while the plane circled overhead. Johnson inadvertently Tuesday favorited a tweet by a fan calling for Idzik’s ouster, but later removed his accidental endorsement.

— J.P. Pelzman

Just an update on this one. According to the GameDay Guide email that was just sent out, it looks like they won't start enforcement until 9:30AM. I'm still gonna try to get there before 9AM in case the parking lot folks missed the memo.

Saw that. Should actually work ok as most tailgates are in by then.

I talked to him earlier, he said he will behave now.

Good luck with that....

• Upvote 2

Pretty much nonexistent. At 9:40 they started to attempt to do it. Very unorganized. Still left open spots a complete joke.

That's what I saw. Heard the had almost all the entrances blocked off. The joke called MetLife Stadium continues....

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company