Sign in to follow this  
56mehl56

Parking/Tailgate

Let's say that on your way to your tailgate you were forced to walk through half a mile of hot, sticky asphalt packed to the gills with devout born-again Christians blasting loud Amy Grant songs, spraying holy water, wearing prayer shawls, taking Communion, telling your kids they're going to Hell, tossing bibles, handing out scripture pamphlets, and pissing wine on your sneakers.

It's like that.

SAR I

Green Parking Passes solves that problem.  Worth the few extra bucks on the secondary market.  I do it all the time.  In and out, no BS, no half mile walk, always half empty an hour before kickoff.

If they want to do something take some of the club lots and make those "directed in" parking.  That or sell everybody permits for the specific lot they want to park in and make one or two of them non tailgate lots.  J, K, and L have lots of islands to tailgate on.  Make one of the other ones a directed in parking lot. 

This would solve everyone's problems. You want to sit in the UD on the 50 but want Green Parking passes.  Problem is the Jets only sell the Green passes to the club holders and won't change the caste system they have in place with the parking.

If the Jets don't do what you recommend, you have no choice but to resolve the situation yourself.  Buy the UD ST and no Orange or Yellow PP.  Go on SH or CL and buy all your Green Passes before the season starts before the prices go up.

Problem solved.  Green lot = no issues.

To date I haven't ever seen anyone take a p*ss on a Beemer in the Green lot. 

They're wandering aimlessly. I have a lot of experience in this area. Mostly we sit in the car and listen to the pregame show, then we'll walk thru security and wander in the gift shop. Eventually we head up to our seats.

It's 90 minutes of killing time when we could have stayed home and done something constructive first. We should be able to arrive at the parking lot 30 minutes before kickoff and be all set, shouldn't have to get there 2 hours early just to get a parking spot away from a tailgater who is abusing the space.

SAR I

Using the 70% rule and the fact that there has to be what? - 5-10,000 spaces in the Yellow lot?  Then there's at least a couple of thousand spaces occupied by fans that will NOT p*ss on your sneakers and spit on your car.   Find another area in the Yellow to park.  Not brain surgery.  Better yet, get the Green passes and all of your problems are solved.

It's not about the amount of available spaces. It's the timing.

If I arrive at the game 2 hours early I can get a spot and not worry about tailgaters at all. But if I arrive at the game 30 minutes before kickoff several of the lots are closed already and they're closed already because of tailgaters either taking up more than 1 spot or tailgates that spill out into the roads to the point where they're obstructed and the attendants can't navigate cars through to the spots that are still open.

By segregating tailgaters into their own sections in their own lots all this stuff goes away. Imagine the back half of a lot filling up 3 hours before kickoff 100% filled with partying tailgaters and the front half of the lot remaining virtually empty until 30 minutes before kickoff at which point it can fill up with non-tailgaters in an orderly fashion. The issue is that tailgaters are allowed free reign to spread out all over the lot and after an hour they obstruct spots and roadways to the point where security has to shut them down even though 100s of spots may still be open.

SAR I

Incorporate your PSL logic to paying an insignificant upcharge prorated over 30 years for a Green parking pass.  Problem solved.

I attend the Far Hills Fox hunt yearly and the bigger the space the more you pay for it maybe this is what Metlife needs to do if tailgate hogs want 3-4 spaces make them pay for them. 

I live 5 minutes away from where they hold that.  Do you bring your candelabra and lift your pinkie while you sip your champagne?

Nope dont be a hater. Pickup truck loaded with kegs of beer and catered food. All to support the SteepleChase Cancer Center.

Ever see the hot rich women that attend or are you 1 of the townie complainers like the Mayor.

Nope, not a hater... just breaking your b*lls.

Frankly, I have never had a desire to attend.

Nice thing you are doing for the Cancer Center, though.

You must be one of those rare, civilized Jet fans that don't play rap music and p*ss on other people's cars in the Yellow lot.

Far from it I respect your territory and possessions along with mine and still have a good time. You should checkout the fox hunt its wild alot goes on there thats crazier than a Jets tailgate party and the women can I stress to you enough the women....... 

I am familiar with the type of women you are talking about... see them all the time in the Somerset Hills area.

Most of them are self absorbed, pretentious, prima donna divas that are interested only in guys that are the same.

You can have them. 

Until you add alcohol do you  hang out at the Tap Room in the Somerset Hills Hotel? 

You haven't been to a tailgate until you tailgated in Far Hills believe me.

Been there many times, yes... don't really hang out.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company