Sign in to follow this  
56mehl56

Parking/Tailgate

Another stupid idea- they ruin the tailgate experience the best part of going to the game.

To not have the ability to meet up and park near your friends- they might as well just scratch off tailgating.

You know the workers close off lots with plenty of empty spaces- blame them not the Jet fans actually tailgating

Ftr I don't think SAR I indulges in adult beverages from what I remember. So if you go to the stadium at 11am for a 1pm game and you have your 6 pack of Poland spring with you, trying to drive through lot L with that annoying L7 crew blocking the way with beer pong tables and hacky sack games infuriates you. I'm assuming the minority Poland spring people have been hammering the jets with emails lol

Must be the Fanta group causing this problem then

• Upvote 1

We arrived about an hour and a half earlier than usual just to avoid any bad situations and to insure our regular tailgate location.  I watched very closely how this experiment unfolded from my position in L15. All of the gates on the west and north sides of the lot were closed off, and they funneled vehicles into a single gate on the east side of the lot, at 9:30 they distributed stadium parking people to attempt directing vehicles from entering the east gate all the way to the northwest corner of the lot.  This was a joke as cars simply broke off the straight line pattern to go to the area they preferred, the more I watched this, the more it became apparent of how stupid this idea was - looked like the Keystone Cops.   A couple Jets officials spent some time out there, everybody seemed to have a different opinion on how to implement this idea, lots of hands waving and finger pointing by supervisors, and I'd say about an hour after they started the experiment, they shut it down. I tried talking to one of the Jets officials when he walked back through our area and he was pretty rude to me - hey Woody - that's some customer service you have there.... first insult your loyal patrons by putting them through this then offer rude remarks - geez! 

The thing that didn't plunge this project into utter chaos was the fact that traffic was unusually light for this game.   All five of our friends vehicles which  arrived at different times after 9:30AM were able to park next to our main tailgating vehicle - and I'd say everyone else in lot "L" was able to do the same. When we closed up our tailgate, there were plenty of spaces in L15 to be had.   Had this been attempted at one of the season's earlier games where the weather is fine and attendance is full, it would have been hell to pay.  

What I did note (which is the prime contributor to lot congestion) is that people still erect pop up tents in spaces next to their vehicle and there was no enforcement to curtail, this is where they have to improve and concentrate their efforts - instead of "directed parking".  We all know they close up the lots way too early when there are still plenty of spaces available - then at 12:30 they reopen the lot and attendants clear spaces - this should be done right from the start and the problem is kept to a manageable level.  

Thanks for the report-yes they close the lots before they are filled-they need better enforcement of any group taking up more spots than they should

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company