Sign in to follow this  
56mehl56

Parking/Tailgate

Its a conspiracy against the L7 tailgate.  They were having too much fun tailgating and not spending enough at the concession stands.  thats why the Jets staff have visited so often... to take notes and find a way to destroy something else good about a Jets game.

Since tailgating became such a big thing, the bean counters have cast a hairy eyeball at trying to monetize it and force fans to buy stuff either inside or outside. Shocked they haven't banned grills and cans and bottles. Yet.

If I arrive after 12:00 on gameday the two most convenient lots for my family are closed and it's because a large percentage of tailgaters selfishly take more than the 1 spot they paid for.

Because of this selfishness, I have to park on the other side of the stadium or get to the stadium 2 hours before gametime needlessly making an already-long day 1 1/2 hours longer needlessly. And with 3 kids in tow, killing time from 11AM to 1PM is horrible, all we can do is go into the stadium early and watch empty seats and listen to rude rap music.

So, no, you don't get it now.

SAR I

I don't go any more. But when I did often the tailgate was the best part.

If you show up at Noon for a 1PM game, it's laughable to think you can get into an NFL stadium in time for kickoff. Which is why people started tailgating to begin with; you had to come early to get a decent spot and be ready to go in and get through that (joke of ) security by 1215/1230. And it's gotten worse since 9/11. Not saying your a bad guy, but not realistic. Getting there late(and Noon is late) means you will sit in traffic and get crappy parking. Complaining about that is like complaining about sunrise and sunset.

Looks to me that the Braintrust sees that vast expanse of fans partying and wants to monetize it. Matter of time until they ban coolers, grills and glass bottles and herd you into some crappy party tent/corral.

A part of me wants to agree with you guys but the NFL is having a hard time getting people to the stadiums to begin with.  HDTV, insane concession prices, Red Zone Channel ect have all made it easier to just stay home.  Tailgating is one of the draws of going to games, can't believe the Jets brain trust is so obtuse to try to take over tailgating but I've been known to be wrong before

Which is why PSLs and this kind of ballbreaking is such stupid business. At the exact time watching the game at home or in your local gin mill is a much better experience in every way the Jets and Giants have made it more expensive generally and more a pain in the ass as far as parking, security, traffic. I do not understand how you by design you have a worse crowd and traffic situation than they had in the old stadium. It's not a hard decision to stay home, and they don't seem to grasp that at all. There probably should be designated tailgate lots, no argument there. But I cannot understand why you wouldn't talgate because getting in and out is such a total pain in the ass. Might as well get there early and hang out until the traffic dissapates. Unless you enjoy bumper to bumper.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company