Sign in to follow this  
56mehl56

Parking/Tailgate

Yeah, Ive been on the phone with my rep and representatives from Metlife stadium all morning. My rep says its begins at 9 a.m., so if you get there at 8, you can park whereever  you'd like. Im still wating to confirm that with the stadium reps. 

I'm guessing they are thinking the lot won't be full for this game so they are trying to make it as compact as possible? This is kinda baffling.

I dont know what they are thinking, but us over in L7 are trying are hardest to rally the troops to arrive prior to 9 am. there is a group of us that are outside the gate at 630 and in the lot at 8, but many kind of trickle in. We're just trying to make th best out of the situation. 

So it's only lot "L" correct?  Lowlifes, like myself, who park in the orange lots are alright?

yes, that is alright

blame the jerkoffs that take up more then 1 spot.     this should have been done yrs ago.   and Rutgers and many other stadiums do this.  its no biggie, and doesn't stop tailgaiting

It's a big deal to people who have longstanding established tailgates with people from the tri-state area. 

My tailgate at L7, where we've all been parking together since 2010 is comprised of people from all over New Jersey, Connecticut, upstate New York, Philadelphia and Long Island.

It would be impossible for us to all coordinate getting there at the same time due to how far people travel from. But you are right that if we could all just coordinate it would be fine. I go to 3 or 4 Rutgers games per year with friends and we dont have a problem because we all live near each other, so we just convoy down. But IMO it just wouldn't work for my jets tailgate.  

This, if it is implemented full time, would be the end of our tailgate.  

I asked for it. 

You gotta problem with that?

go make some ribz 

If they did things the right way, they'd give the option to buy a pass for a particular section in L so you can still be in the same area as each other and make gathering easier, and maybe make a "group gathering" area out by the racetrack lot so you can coordinate and get in together... of course, this is the Jets organization so let's not hold our breath.

(Did someone say in the other thread that showing up early means they will still let you go wherever you want?)

I tend to get there later, and I often have to stalk spaces down one or two rows because there are multiple grills and corn hole games in "empty" spots.  The offenders are not multiple-car groups, it's single and double car tailgaters who believe they are entitled to an extra spot or two because they got there before someone else.

I would like to see it balanced (and NO, I didn't ask for this), but they're doing it wrong.

I agree, that part of the problem is that there are many spots taken up by chairs and what not. Maybe my group and I are upset because this isnt the case by us. by 930 everyone is pretty much there and our section is filled, but I understand why other people are upset as well. I dont want it to look like we don't care, because we do. 

Right now its just upsetting to us because after 5 years together we really became a family. We've been to each others weddings. Weve been to funerals and wakes for each others family members. We get together all offseason.  It just feels right now that someone is trying to break our family apart. 

• Upvote 1

I was gonna make them for everybody. 

if that's the case you are always welcome at the L7 Tailgate. 

It stops people from meeting up and tailgating next to each other. Which a large % of people do.

but it was done at other places so its no big deal

I agree. That's what we always did when I lived in NJ. Always had a good time with no problems.

Think the real target of this is the big For Profit tailgates. They are about to become dinosaurs

I think this actually helps them.  If I cannot park with my friends and have to park somewhere else, I am not lugging a cooler and grill across the lot. I am more likely going to just walk to tailgate joes

• Upvote 1

please stop using the phrase "jerkoff" thanks. 

Making you too hungry???

shh. im at work

Obviously not the way or reason I would want for it to go down, but you know you and any of your crew are always welcome to join us. If you feel the need to have to cook I am happy to put you behind a REAL grill and let you go to town, lol.

I know and I really do appreciate that. Not sure where some of the animosity came from from our end, but you and me have always been cool.

If L7 does fold, I'm hanging up the spatula and will just eat at yours lol. No more work for me.

When I said Jets disaster I meant just the entire season in general.  Lousy season.  I think we finished 3-13 this year and go 1-15 next year a repeat of the Kotite era.  Billboards up to fire the GM, etc.  The parking is just another headline that gets the fan base irked.  I don't know if I agree on the 70% of the fans are non tailgaters.  There are some people with a small grill and a few beers, some who are drunken messes funelling beers and don't even eat, some just eat a sub sandwhich and toss the football, some have a pretty elaborate set up with food, beer, etc and some even cater.  There are some who come late too.

In 1991 at 11 years old my name came off the waiting list.  Back then it was sub sandwhiches and tossing the football.  As I got older we added a charcoal grill and some beer and then I eventually bought a propane grill to eliminate that charcoal disaster.  For me where I park along an island that have parking spots and I'm away from the mess you sometimes have in the middle of the rows of parking.  The enforcement of how people set up is the biggest issue.  I know by me at 8 am I see them out enforcing some of the parking set ups but at 10 am when more people come in there is nothing going on anymore

The part that irks me is at the Fan Advisory Board Meeting they said to us "we know tailgate is king don't change it." yet they still are trying to. 

The biggest problem I know is the traffic build up around 10 am or so.  The Steelers game this year was horrific since we had so many fans who had no clue where to go since the Steeler fans invaded the place.  If the Jets would enforce the policies there would be less problems. 

This. I am outside the gate at 6:30 a.m., and in the lot right at 8. As we're setting up, just pulling things out, we get told we need to move it closer the vehicle -- which is fine. we understand and comply when its all set up -- but by 10 the people around us have stuff all over the lane and its crazy and the lot attendants don't do anything about it. 

Which gate do you wait outside of? I'm there arond 7:40 by the route 3 entrance. People think I'm crazy to get there 20 minutes before the gates open.

Same entrance. Im part of the dumbasses playing cornhole while waiting

That is gross that you guys do that in public.

You haven't lived until played cornhole with me at 7 on a Sunday morning

Is this the Joe that I know or is this a different Joe? I know the cornhole group I come by sometimes to say hello.

This is the short joe with the beard that is always with the tall joe

Ok I met you like once or twice I think.  On occasion I come by around 7:45 but lately been too lazy to get out of my truck.

Yeah we've definitely met. I recognize the shirt in  your avatar

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company