Sign in to follow this  
56mehl56

Parking/Tailgate

Tailgaters not adhering to the 1 spot rule has pissed me off for years should have been done sooner in all lots. 

• Thumb Down 1

The parking lot babysitters do not do their damn jobs. The parking is sold by the spot 1 spot = $25.00 if you want 2 spots to tailgate pay the $50.00 why should a person who gets their an hour before game time be turned away from a lot that has numerous tailgaters taking up more than 1 spot. 

The best is the people who put chairs in spots to save them for other people. My buddy ran over 2 folding chairs last season when we politely asked people to move them and they refused. 

• Thumb Down 1

Why not meet outside the stadium before you go through the turnstile where they take your parking pass 3-4 cars go in together and park together. Instead of 1 guy showing up 3 hours later than everyone else and expecting a spot to be saved. I applaud parking lot rule enforcement been a longtime coming as far as I'm concerned. You pay $25 for 1 spot you dont buy the entire lot and expect to do as you please. 

• Thumb Down 3

I left a snarky email reply to that memo and eventually my Tix Rep called me regarding my email. I missed the call and the office was closed when I called back, but I'll let him know that the Jets are sucking out any & all enjoyment from attending a live game and this is just another example. They are compromising a 6 year STH who is becoming disenchanted with the "LIVE" experience let alone the putrid product they put on the field.

What makes you think they care? They forced season ticket holders who had tickets since Shea stadium out. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just wondering, what's the problem with bringing a small, grill, and a cooler, set em up behind your car, eat your burgers, and drink your beer, in your parking spot?

Nothing its the guys who dress like its Halloween bring the sound system out of parents basement set up a tent take up 4 spots to eat hot dogs and chips reserve additional spaces with cones they stole from a construction site and think they are cool who also turn the area into a landfill.

Meanwhile other fans who also paid for parking are being forced further away because the lot is full by parking lot babysitters who dont do their damn jobs. 

The NFL experience isn't getting blasted out of your mind and hosting a demolition day tailgate party theres no room for fans like this in my opinion. 

• Thumb Down 1

Im all for tailgating we all like to have a yahoo good time but its those that go crazy that ruin it for everyone else. Ever try to navigate a row 2 hours before game time where there might be empty spots but you can't get down the isle because of all the mayhem. Metlife parking spaces are way too small to tailgate properly in. Damn you Woody Johnson.

• Thumb Down 1

The perfect solution is tailgate lots and tailgate free lots this would solve a lot of parking issues. 

• Thumb Down 1

The workers close off the lots because a) too many tailgaters have taken up multiple spaces and B) too many tailgaters have spilled off their bumpers and across the roadways making it impossible to get through. Some tailgaters do this deliberately, they park in the middle of an aisle and spill out into the middle with cornhole and grills and a 5-on-5 drill and no attendants or cars can get through.

SAR I

The middle of the aisle tailgaters who think they own the parking lot and those who take up more than 1 spot are too blame for any and all changes to the rules not the people who obey the rules and tailgate.

Why dont they also do like they do at college games and require tailgaters to put all garbage in a bag and leave in the aisle near their car to be picked up while fans are in the game instead of turning the lot into a landfill.

• Thumb Down 1

They actually ride around and hand out plastic bags to dispose of trash/recycling. Some obviously can't be bothered using them. But we've used the bags only to find them ripped open and scattered when returning from the game. My guess is the "mongers looking for recycling" are wandering the lots looking to make their "millions". Still the system could be improved, but changing the mindset of the fans who believe they can do as they wish - is a harder nut to crack.

If can collectors are wandering the lots where is security?  MetLife is too blame for alot that is allowed to go on their the NFL experience at Jets games isn't what it used to be and never will be. 

• Thumb Down 1

There are enough lots to create a large tailgate-only zone.

And similar to season tickets, they could offer single/double/triple sized spaces and number them so a fan knew that he had the same spot for every game, no different than reserved seating, we'd have fully reserved parking. Lot D Row 22 Space 5. Print it on the parking pass, have to get there by 11AM, done.

Like I said, this is a timing problem, it's not hard to fix it.

SAR I

I attend the Far Hills Fox hunt yearly and the bigger the space the more you pay for it maybe this is what Metlife needs to do if tailgate hogs want 3-4 spaces make them pay for them. 

• Thumb Down 1

I live 5 minutes away from where they hold that.  Do you bring your candelabra and lift your pinkie while you sip your champagne?

Nope dont be a hater. Pickup truck loaded with kegs of beer and catered food. All to support the SteepleChase Cancer Center.

Ever see the hot rich women that attend or are you 1 of the townie complainers like the Mayor.

• Thumb Down 1

Nope, not a hater... just breaking your b*lls.

Frankly, I have never had a desire to attend.

Nice thing you are doing for the Cancer Center, though.

You must be one of those rare, civilized Jet fans that don't play rap music and p*ss on other people's cars in the Yellow lot.

Far from it I respect your territory and possessions along with mine and still have a good time. You should checkout the fox hunt its wild alot goes on there thats crazier than a Jets tailgate party and the women can I stress to you enough the women....... 

• Thumb Down 1

I am familiar with the type of women you are talking about... see them all the time in the Somerset Hills area.

Most of them are self absorbed, pretentious, prima donna divas that are interested only in guys that are the same.

You can have them. 

Until you add alcohol do you  hang out at the Tap Room in the Somerset Hills Hotel? 

You haven't been to a tailgate until you tailgated in Far Hills believe me.

• Thumb Down 1

1970 called. It wants its lawn chair back, lol.

05027a.jpg

Actually Max I tailgated at Shea and in Baltimore at a Jets game in the 70's with my dad and his friends I was a child but I dont remember anyone acting like an animal any loud music or the place looking like a landfill after the game. my dad and his friends drank a few pull top Budweisers ate cold food and had a good time. 

• Thumb Down 1

And 10000 of them will be awarded lame Steelers lookalike towels care of the media whore billboard "founders of the cause"

This campaign to get rid of Idzik and make changes really bothers you are you an Idzik supporter? 

• Thumb Down 1

I would say safe to set up and not take up more than 1 spot the parking lot babysitters will probably be being watched for how they handle this situation. 

• Thumb Down 1

Difference is people don't tailgate at Disney or Great Adventure. Directed in Parking is a stupid idea for football games. Let them save a small lot or portion of a lot for late arrivers , let them get directed parking .

Why should late arrivers not get a parking spot because those that are tailgating are breaking the rules in place by taking up more than 1 spot with something other than a car.

How about numbering the spots and your parking pass number the spots in the lots thats where you park regardless of what time you get there. Example Green lot spot 469 problem solved. 

Number the spots and the parking passes you own your spot end of discussion want 2 spots 1 for tailgating,corn hole,ice luge pay for 2 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company