Parking/Tailgate

56mehl56

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It stops people from meeting up and tailgating next to each other. Which a large % of people do.

no it doesn't,  your group either arrives together,  or you carry and walk your stuff over to the tailgate.  not a big deal.  blame the jerkoffs taking more then 1 spot

I just went through my email and did a recent survey.  Some of the questions started with how important are various perks to you and then were followed with how satisfied we were with them.  On how satisfied I was with my preferential access to playoff tickets it pained me to answer N/A....

Wow some of you sound like old pitas

" now you young whippersnappers turn that music down and behave your selves". Give me a break

And before you ask I am 44 years old. Football is about the tailgate and the party. If it offends you or your kids go to a tennis match.

Let's say that on your way to your tailgate you were forced to walk through half a mile of hot, sticky asphalt packed to the gills with devout born-again Christians blasting loud Amy Grant songs, spraying holy water, wearing prayer shawls, taking Communion, telling your kids they're going to Hell, tossing bibles, handing out scripture pamphlets, and pissing wine on your sneakers.

It's like that.

SAR I

Rutgers and many stadiums have done this for yrs.  its no biggie, and doesn't stop tailgaiting.  blame the jerkoffs that take up way too many spots

I blame the entilelists who feel because that bought a ticket they can park in the front row and still get to the game at 12:00. If you go to a movie and show up when its starting are you allowed to sit in the best seats - no , you find whatever's left. Because its inconvienient for the season ticket holders who show up an hour before the game - the rules need to change to impact everyone else. It should go back to the way it used to be no assigned parking lots, first come first served - unless you have a physical handicap and thus reserved handicap spots.

The problem with segregation is that the tailgaters being forced over to a different lot are being pushed over to a different stadium exit and therefore adding possibly an hour plus to their trip home. Maybe not this year because the product on the field is an abomination and nobody will go, but if they start winning a few games again and all of Woodys target audience starts coming back, it could easily add an hour to someone's rides home not being near their normal highway entrance. Not fair.

That's a good point.

The Jets should segregate tailgaters in a section in each yellow lot, I have no problem with this. Tailgaters shouldn't be inconvenienced by being far away from their seats in the same way that non-tailgaters shouldn't be inconvenienced by the tailgaters. Should be fair for everyone.

The major point here is this- in real life there are residential zones and there are commercial zones. You can't put a strip-club next to a Church, you can't put a sports bar near a school, it shouldn't be legal in the State of New Jersey to allow a portable sports bar near my kids and that's exactly what's happening in the parking lots before a Jets game. Bar behavior, fraternity behavior, it's fine at a football game but it should be put away from families, it shouldn't be like Vietnam to walk from your car to the gate.

I can go to a game and be protected from smoking, drinking, boorish behavior, foul language and all the rest once inside the stadium. The parking lot has escaped such scrutiny. Looks like the Jets are finally recognizing the problem and creating a solution that should work for everyone.

SAR I

I blame the entilelists who feel because that bought a ticket they can park in the front row and still get to the game at 12:00. If you go to a movie and show up when its starting are you allowed to sit in the best seats - no , you find whatever's left. Because its inconvienient for the season ticket holders who show up an hour before the game - the rules need to change to impact everyone else. It should go back to the way it used to be no assigned parking lots, first come first served - unless you have a physical handicap and thus reserved handicap spots.

well blame all the jerkoffs that put cones out to hold spots and did not adhere to the 1 car 1 spot rule.   a few jerkoffs screwed it up for you.   I hope they do this in all lots next season. 

Let's say that on your way to your tailgate you were forced to walk through half a mile of hot, sticky asphalt packed to the gills with devout born-again Christians blasting loud Amy Grant songs, spraying holy water, wearing prayer shawls, taking Communion, telling your kids they're going to Hell, tossing bibles, handing out scripture pamphlets, and pissing wine on your sneakers.

It's like that.

SAR I

Green Parking Passes solves that problem.  Worth the few extra bucks on the secondary market.  I do it all the time.  In and out, no BS, no half mile walk, always half empty an hour before kickoff.

I can totally see the attendants showing up at 9am and making all the early comers move to the front. They did that when they first instituted the 5 hour rule in the old stadium. I think they made the harley guys even move, leave the stadium and reenter.

In the very near future it will be in every lot, and every stadium in the NFL

well blame all the jerkoffs that put cones out to hold spots and did not adhere to the 1 car 1 spot rule.   a few jerkoffs screwed it up for you.   I hope they do this in all lots next season.

Too scared to get out of your car and move their cone? BTW, in 30 years I have never encountered this problem. If you are having these issues, maybe consider parking on a different row in that lot. If you go with any sort of frequency, you not only know your preferred spot, when to actually arrive, and your quickest way in and out, but you generally recognize the people surrounding you. If you are showing up for an event that you're unfamiliar with 20 minutes before kickoff, you live and you learn. BTW there is this crazy thing called public transportation that they've been doing since before I was even born.

That is not it at all.  If I get there late I am fine with slim pickens.  What really, really sucks is driving up and down row after row with like 10-25% of spots taken up by lawn chairs reserving them.  Or spillover from tailgates.  I don't want to ruin anyone's fun so I like never.....maybe once?.....ask people to move.  But then I spend another 10-20 minutes driving up and down aisles looking for a spot when there are really a ton left...just reserved by some folks ignoring the 1 spot per car policy.

Add to that the useless attendants who don't enforce the policy.  They just stand around and sometimes point you in seemingly arbitrary directions.

It is the people who feel entitled to more than 1 space and the attendants who do nothing that are bringing this on.

Just wondering, what's the problem with bringing a small, grill, and a cooler, set em up behind your car, eat your burgers, and drink your beer, in your parking spot?

Nothing. people who feel like the parking lot is their personal block party are the ones messing this up for everyone else. We park next to each other, 3 cars total, and grill and hang out behind the cars and in the actual driving space. Never seemed to have a problem before.

Just wondering, what's the problem with bringing a small, grill, and a cooler, set em up behind your car, eat your burgers, and drink your beer, in your parking spot?

This is exactly my tailgates these days.  I'll even bring a small table and some chairs.  This accommodates 2-4 people comfortably without infringing on anyone else's space.

I totally hear the sentiment about folks meeting.  That sucks.  We used to do that for many many years.  We all met up near what eventually became the ESPN zone and tailgated by the trees.  It was great.  Maybe there's a middle ground.  Tailgate lots and non-tailgate lots?  Or maybe big tailgate lots vs. other lots?

For what it's worth, my ideal these days is what you describe.  I love the ability to tailgate but just hate driving up and down like a fool while folks break the rules in front of non-working attendants who don't enforce them.  It's a big waste of my time and money (indirectly since I assume paying those attendants eventually reflects back in my game day costs).

Nothing. people who feel like the parking lot is their personal block party are the ones messing this up for everyone else. We park next to each other, 3 cars total, and grill and hang out behind the cars and in the actual driving space. Never seemed to have a problem before.

I agree. That's what we always did when I lived in NJ. Always had a good time with no problems.

Think the real target of this is the big For Profit tailgates. They are about to become dinosaurs

Amen.

I agree. That's what we always did when I lived in NJ. Always had a good time with no problems.

Think the real target of this is the big For Profit tailgates. They are about to become dinosaurs

Yeah, well, to a great extent, I agree. How we had no issues AT ALL, in three different stadiums, including having a seat specifically for the cooler back in Shea, and not have one problem with the parking people, in 33 years, is beyond me.

I think this actually helps them.  If I cannot park with my friends and have to park somewhere else, I am not lugging a cooler and grill across the lot. I am more likely going to just walk to tailgate joes

That is not it at all.  If I get there late I am fine with slim pickens.  What really, really sucks is driving up and down row after row with like 10-25% of spots taken up by lawn chairs reserving them.  Or spillover from tailgates.  I don't want to ruin anyone's fun so I like never.....maybe once?.....ask people to move.  But then I spend another 10-20 minutes driving up and down aisles looking for a spot when there are really a ton left...just reserved by some folks ignoring the 1 spot per car policy.

Add to that the useless attendants who don't enforce the policy.  They just stand around and sometimes point you in seemingly arbitrary directions.

It is the people who feel entitled to more than 1 space and the attendants who do nothing that are bringing this on.

So instead of having the useless attendants having to direct every single car that enters the lot like they're proposing for Sunday, why couldn't they just enforce the 1 car per spot rule. What will happen SUnday is that they'll direct people to a spot and 5 minutes later they'll move somewhere else to be with their friends.  Again I have no problem with them enforcing 1 car per spot and no holding spots  I have a problem with them  telling us we can't park where we want so that late arrivers have a spot.

Exactly right and I don't understand why we're even having an argument here.

No one is against the tailgaters right to tailgate but since some of them can't control themselves we need the authorities to control them for us. We have zoning laws in this country for this very reason, it allows strip clubs and bars to co-exist in their own space with their own behavioral rules without interfering with those who don't want anything to do with it.

Right now, the parking lots at Metlife are the wild west and it has to change.

SAR I

It's like that.

SAR I

Pretty simple, I would not go.

I wish you people knew what whine a$$ you sound like. 

This is whats killing this country, whiners that cant handle not having everything there way.

If you hate it that much find something else to do with your time but your embarrassing your self on here.

Exactly.

It's the 10% of all tailgaters that are the problem. They take up multiple spaces, they put lawn chairs in adjacent spots and block others out, they leave their trash in the roads, the attendants aren't strong enough or in numbers enough to do anything about it.

Setting up designated tailgating sections in each lot is the answer. Putting all the ethics and the cursing and the hygiene aside, we don't like having to get to the lots at 11AM just to beat out a tailgater to a decent spot in a decent lot. Segregation solves everything.

SAR I

Pretty simple, I would not go.

I wish you people knew what whine a$$ you sound like. 

This is whats killing this country, whiners that cant handle not having everything there way.

If you hate it that much find something else to do with your time but your embarrassing your self on here.

Ah, so let me get this straight:

The good Jet fan with a young Jet family who just wants to sit and cheer and give 100% of his attention to the players and the game should stay home and the bad Jet fan with bad Jet buddies who want to get wasted to the point where they are giving 25% attention to the players and the game should have free run of the stadium to themselves?

A football game is a football game. It's not an excuse for an anything-goes frat party. That said, we can co-exist. Parking lot segregation is the answer. You get your space to act like a child, I get my space to act like an adult.

SAR I

Ah, so let me get this straight:

The good Jet fan with a young Jet family who just wants to sit and cheer and give 100% of his attention to the players and the game should stay home and the bad Jet fan with bad Jet buddies who want to get wasted to the point where they are giving 25% attention to the players and the game should have free run of the stadium to themselves?

A football game is a football game. It's not an excuse for an anything-goes frat party. That said, we can co-exist. Parking lot segregation is the answer. You get your space to act like a child, I get my space to act like an adult.

SAR I

very well said.  the jerkoff tailgaiters screwed it up for everyone,  blame them

very well said.  the jerkoff tailgaiters screwed it up for everyone,  blame them

So from 8AM - 11AM everyone entering the parking lot is inconvienced so that the tree hugger who gets there at noon can have a spot - I get it yes blame the jerkoff tailgaiters.

Exactly.

It's the 10% of all tailgaters that are the problem. They take up multiple spaces, they put lawn chairs in adjacent spots and block others out, they leave their trash in the roads, the attendants aren't strong enough or in numbers enough to do anything about it.

Setting up designated tailgating sections in each lot is the answer. Putting all the ethics and the cursing and the hygiene aside, we don't like having to get to the lots at 11AM just to beat out a tailgater to a decent spot in a decent lot. Segregation solves everything.

SAR I

That's not exactly what I said. It is a complete twisting of my words actually. I never said that tailgating should be segregated to a particular corner of each lot. I said that one car:one spot should be properly enforced by parking.

Nothing its the guys who dress like its Halloween bring the sound system out of parents basement set up a tent take up 4 spots to eat hot dogs and chips reserve additional spaces with cones they stole from a construction site and think they are cool who also turn the area into a landfill.

Meanwhile other fans who also paid for parking are being forced further away because the lot is full by parking lot babysitters who dont do their damn jobs. 

The NFL experience isn't getting blasted out of your mind and hosting a demolition day tailgate party theres no room for fans like this in my opinion. 

Nothing its the guys who dress like its Halloween bring the sound system out of parents basement set up a tent take up 4 spots to eat hot dogs and chips reserve additional spaces with cones they stole from a construction site and think they are cool who also turn the area into a landfill.

Meanwhile other fans who also paid for parking are being forced further away because the lot is full by parking lot babysitters who dont do their damn jobs. 

The NFL experience isn't getting blasted out of your mind and hosting a demolition day tailgate party theres no room for fans like this in my opinion. 

We've been tailgaiting at the Meadowlands/Metlife since the Jets moved here. Our group was quite large in the beginning 25-30 which has dwindled down to about a dozen now. We setup our tent and grill but we always get there early to grab an end spot so were not taking extra spaces. So now with these new rules we'll be setting our tent and grill up in the middle of an aisle ?? wherever the human traffic cones point us - how does that help things .

And imagine the traffic geting in as each car awaits said traffic cones on where to park. So for the let's get there at 12 crew don't be surprised if the new and improved change doesn't result in you spending 35-40 minutes in line geting into the stadium before you can park.  But hey your entitled to your parking space so let everyone suffer,

Archived