Parking/Tailgate

56mehl56

I attend the Far Hills Fox hunt yearly and the bigger the space the more you pay for it maybe this is what Metlife needs to do if tailgate hogs want 3-4 spaces make them pay for them. 

I live 5 minutes away from where they hold that.  Do you bring your candelabra and lift your pinkie while you sip your champagne?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live 5 minutes away from where they hold that.  Do you bring your candelabra and lift your pinkie while you sip your champagne?

Nope dont be a hater. Pickup truck loaded with kegs of beer and catered food. All to support the SteepleChase Cancer Center.

Ever see the hot rich women that attend or are you 1 of the townie complainers like the Mayor.

Nope dont be a hater. Pickup truck loaded with kegs of beer and catered food. All to support the SteepleChase Cancer Center.

Ever see the hot rich women that attend or are you 1 of the townie complainers like the Mayor.

Nope, not a hater... just breaking your b*lls.

Frankly, I have never had a desire to attend.

Nice thing you are doing for the Cancer Center, though.

You must be one of those rare, civilized Jet fans that don't play rap music and p*ss on other people's cars in the Yellow lot.

Nope, not a hater... just breaking your b*lls.

Frankly, I have never had a desire to attend.

Nice thing you are doing for the Cancer Center, though.

You must be one of those rare, civilized Jet fans that don't play rap music and p*ss on other people's cars in the Yellow lot.

Far from it I respect your territory and possessions along with mine and still have a good time. You should checkout the fox hunt its wild alot goes on there thats crazier than a Jets tailgate party and the women can I stress to you enough the women....... 

I gotta admit: it is pretty annoying to be looking for a spot and seeing a bunch of them tied up with white trash sitting in lawn chairs. It's one thing to have a nice, organized L7 deal off to the side, but those dirtbags tying up an extra spot to sit around for two hours with their pal is absurd.

Yup. I think the mall at Christmas comparison is not accurate. If there were tons of cars parked sideways taking multiple spots and some folks with sh*t spilling out into the middle of the aisles as you walked into the mall, you'd be upset about it.

When I arrive late I would happily park further and walk. But it sucks then seeing so many wasted spots by inconsiderate folks.

Far from it I respect your territory and possessions along with mine and still have a good time. You should checkout the fox hunt its wild alot goes on there thats crazier than a Jets tailgate party and the women can I stress to you enough the women....... 

I am familiar with the type of women you are talking about... see them all the time in the Somerset Hills area.

Most of them are self absorbed, pretentious, prima donna divas that are interested only in guys that are the same.

You can have them. 

I am familiar with the type of women you are talking about... see them all the time in the Somerset Hills area.

Most of them are self absorbed, pretentious, prima donna divas that are interested only in guys that are the same.

You can have them. 

Until you add alcohol do you  hang out at the Tap Room in the Somerset Hills Hotel? 

You haven't been to a tailgate until you tailgated in Far Hills believe me.

Exactly.

It's the 10% of all tailgaters that are the problem. They take up multiple spaces, they put lawn chairs in adjacent spots and block others out, they leave their trash in the roads, the attendants aren't strong enough or in numbers enough to do anything about it.

Setting up designated tailgating sections in each lot is the answer. Putting all the ethics and the cursing and the hygiene aside, we don't like having to get to the lots at 11AM just to beat out a tailgater to a decent spot in a decent lot. Segregation solves everything.

SAR I

1970 called. It wants its lawn chair back, lol.

05027a.jpg

1970 called. It wants its lawn chair back, lol.

05027a.jpg

Actually Max I tailgated at Shea and in Baltimore at a Jets game in the 70's with my dad and his friends I was a child but I dont remember anyone acting like an animal any loud music or the place looking like a landfill after the game. my dad and his friends drank a few pull top Budweisers ate cold food and had a good time. 

Knock Xanadu down. All parking problems = solved.

I love this! Way to think outside of the box!

I bet the jets will go in the other direction and start selling PSLs - Parking Space Licenses. You pay for the right to pay for a specific parking space. There will be an auction. Maybe there will be some PSL-free spaces. We will all try to get spaces in sections right next to more expensive sections for better value. There will be payment plans. It will work magically.

Knock Xanadu down. All parking problems = solved.

Great idea

Except for the tiny little fact that Mall of America owns it and according to reports has actual plans for it including changing Rosso the Clown 's original attempt to color the crap hole with ironic Dolphag Aqua and Orange

Good news for Sunday is that the rain is out of the forecast... Bad news is now the local Pats fans will be invading the parking lots with their chowder.

And 10000 of them will be awarded lame Steelers lookalike towels care of the media whore billboard "founders of the cause"

And 10000 of them will be awarded lame Steelers lookalike towels care of the media whore billboard "founders of the cause"

Flying banner jeers the Jets

DECEMBER 18, 2014 LAST UPDATED: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2014, 1:21 AM

THE RECORD

Print

Maybe the Jets should move their practices to the Morristown Municipal Airport, considering they once again found themselves squarely in the middle of a flight pattern Wednesday.

For the second time this season, a plane circled overhead during practice urging the firing of embattled general manager John Idzik. The banner read "PENALTY FLAG DAY 12/21 FIREJOHNIDZIK.COM" in 5-foot capital red letters. It was a reference to a fan protest scheduled to take place during Sunday’s home finale against New England.

Spectators are being urged to bring towels, called "penalty flags" by the organizers of the protest, to the game. The group behind the firejohnidzik.com website has joined forces with other disgruntled Jets’ supporters to produce yellow towels urging owner Woody Johnson to clean house by firing Idzik, team president Neil Glat and senior personnel executive Terry Bradway. A banner suggesting the firing of Idzik flew overhead during practice Nov. 5.

None of the Jets’ executives referenced on the towels appeared to be in attendance at practice while the plane circled overhead. Johnson inadvertently Tuesday favorited a tweet by a fan calling for Idzik’s ouster, but later removed his accidental endorsement.

— J.P. Pelzman

I love this! Way to think outside of the box!

I bet the jets will go in the other direction and start selling PSLs - Parking Space Licenses. You pay for the right to pay for a specific parking space. There will be an auction. Maybe there will be some PSL-free spaces. We will all try to get spaces in sections right next to more expensive sections for better value. There will be payment plans. It will work magically.

Paraphrasing SAR - Investment Gold  :winking0001:

heard they just printed another 5,000 towels.  fans are buying them like crazy, and picking them up from the few bars handing them out free to STH's.  

My group of 34 got towels. I'm sure it seems stupid to some, but as someone who is consistently on the optimistic side of the fence, I hate that Idzik has turned me into a buzzkill/pessimist. I have been against Idzik since the draft and FA (and not after waiting for this abomination of a season to play out), and I support getting rid of him along with Rex for the following two reasons:

1) He makes our search for a top coaching prospect decidedly more difficult;

2) I simply don't trust him with a high draft pick in each round+the boatloads of cap space we're going to have this off-season. 

Thanks to the guys putting this together. If nothing else, it'll be fun to be a part of; something I haven't been able to say about a Jets game since we lost to Denver earlier this year. 

This campaign to get rid of Idzik and make changes really bothers you are you an Idzik supporter?

Nope

Just a Jet fan who is not interested in the cause that the jackass founders are using to generate media attention for themselves.

Billboards, towels, planned boycotts, one of their stooges even planned posting the owners home address at this message board All to garner attention from their newfound pals Mehta, Cimini, Dyer, Costello and company. Stuff you would expect from Sharpton, not from real Jet fans

Just an update on this one. According to the GameDay Guide email that was just sent out, it looks like they won't start enforcement until 9:30AM. I'm still gonna try to get there before 9AM in case the parking lot folks missed the memo.

Saw that. Should actually work ok as most tailgates are in by then.

one of their stooges even planned posting the owners home address at this message board 

again with this.. go find that thread and pull ANY quote from me saying that we in ANY way encourage this. You won't find it because when a random poster proposed the idea, we quickly said that idea was not a good one and way out of line… so if you want to bash us - at least don't make up lies. We get that you don't like what we are doing… but choose one of the things that actually happened to complain about. 

Archived