Why Is Rex Made Of Teflon???

KRL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry JiF, but a "damn good" HC doesn't go 4 years without a winning record and sniffing the playoffs. Not to mention an overall sub .500 winning percentage.

Rex was way in over his head the day he accepted the job. He is not a leader whatsoever. He'd rather the players like him rather than respect him.

Can't wait to watch him next year on the pre-games shows, he will be great.

I'd take Bill Belichick's assessment of Ryan over yours. BB is a damn good coach in most people's eyes. He hasn't won a SB with a FHoF QB since Spygate. Not saying they played bad. They have been one of the most consistent teams in that era if not THE most consistent. But no SB ring is a failure every yr if u have Brady. jets season is a success if they even make the playoffs with a bust QB (Sanchez). That's no excuse, but not every HC has a FHoF QB drop in to their laps in 6th round.

I'd take Bill Belichick's assessment of Ryan over yours. BB is a damn good coach in most people's eyes. He hasn't won a SB with a FHoF QB since Spygate. Not saying they played bad. They have been one of the most consistent teams in that era if not THE most consistent. But no SB ring is a failure every yr if u have Brady. jets season is a success if they even make the playoffs with a bust QB (Sanchez). That's no excuse, but not every HC has a FHoF QB drop in to their laps in 6th round.

BB drafted Brady.

Jets passed on him 6 times.

BB drafted Brady.

Entire NFL, including the great BB, passed on him 198 times. Doesn't change the fact BB got lucky with the pick. He himself he would've picked up Brady with the first pick if he knew what Brady would turn out to be.  

Entire NFL, including the great BB, passed on him 198 times. Doesn't change the fact BB got lucky with the pick. He himself he would've picked up Brady with the first pick if he knew what Brady would turn out to be.

Why pay Brady 1st round money when BB knew he'd still be available in the 6th round?

Another example of great cap management by BB and the Pats.

This. He "makes good copy."

We also have a sizable minority of the fanbase dumb enough to support him in perpetuity, regardless of his ineptitude, partly because they've been hoodwinked to believe that the defense will fall apart without him, and partly because they like his personality.

Or partly because he took a sh*t team to the AFCCG twice with the leagues worst QB. I wonder if the new HC can do that? Or the great Belichick? Speaking of Belichick, he would love for Rex to get kicked out. That speaks more volume than the ("dumb") fans that want to kill him. 

You don't miss a trick, do you Savage?

BTW, are you comparing Rex to Don Shula?

No I was answering your question..

BB drafted Brady.

The Pats passed on him with their 1st 6th rd pick and took DB Antwan Harris so they took him with their 7th try..LOL

Or partly because he took a sh*t team to the AFCCG twice with the leagues worst QB. I wonder if the new HC can do that? Or the great Belichick? Speaking of Belichick, he would love for Rex to get kicked out. That speaks more volume than the ("dumb") fans that want to kill him. 

Ask Eagles fans about championship games.  Almost meaningless. REX is a sub par coach and his record and track record show it.

I loved the guy but he has shown he is not a HC.

Ask Eagles fans about championship games.  Almost meaningless. REX is a sub par coach and his record and track record show it.

I loved the guy but he has shown he is not a HC.

Eagles had some really good teams that went to Championship games and even the SB. Jets? We had a team full of overpaid Mangina crap that Rex had to clear out. How many times did Eagles reach the championship games with rookie HC and a league worst rookie QB? We're not comparing apples to apples. 

We overachieved last year and we are just about average this yr as far as the sh*t Idzik put together in the off season. $20mil cap space, no starting QB, street FAs starting at WR for a few games...did anyone expect us to be a contender this yr? Even in the games Geno has played decent, we've lost them. 

Eagles had some really good teams that went to Championship games and even the SB. Jets? We had a team full of overpaid Mangina crap that Rex had to clear out. How many times did Eagles reach the championship games with rookie HC and a league worst rookie QB? We're not comparing apples to apples. 

We overachieved last year and we are just about average this yr as far as the sh*t Idzik put together in the off season. $20mil cap space, no starting QB, street FAs starting at WR for a few games...did anyone expect us to be a contender this yr? Even in the games Geno has played decent, we've lost them. 

Laughable, totally laughable, the team under Rex only had any cuccess when he took over Manginsi 'crap' Mangini and Tanny built a solid team for rex his 1st few years.  Once Rex started having any real influence things went south fast.

Rex the victim, so totally laughable.  Know who REx is?  He is is twin brother, and he will have the same results.  Give him a D stacked with 1sr rounders and hof corners and he will look good.  Give him lesser talent and he is no better than an average DC.  He has also been a terrible HEAD coach because believe it or not a head coaches job is to build and get performance from all three phases of a team. Not just be a DC who likes to be called a HC and get the paycheck.

The 199th pick was a comp pick the Pats received for Tom Tupa.

Basically, the Pats got a HOF QB for a washed up punter.

Yep they had 3 6th rd picks that year.. Tom Tupa the punter/QB that took over in the first game in 1999 when Vinny went down trying to recover Cumars fumble.. He had 2 tds passes and a QB rating of 139 in that 30-28 loss to the Pats.

REX teams have given up 24 points unanswered in both AFC Champ games.  He was unprepared and could not adjust to the other teams changes.  Lack of talent?  in 2010 we had enough talent to win. 2009 was pretty talented too.  Overpaid Mangini crap? Like brick, revis, harris, Mangold,  How many good players has REX drafted???  2???  3??? in 6 years???

He never attended Offensive meetings really??    Its time to move on.

Laughable, totally laughable, the team under Rex only had any cuccess when he took over Manginsi 'crap' Mangini and Tanny built a solid team for rex his 1st few years.  Once Rex started having any real influence things went south fast.

I already posted the two teams between Mangina and Rex era and they are totally different. Most of the D was brand new. Mangini crap was actually released and most of them never played another snap for another NFL team not named the Cleveland Browns. Oh, how can I forget Mangina also left us with D'brick, Mangold and Revis, that too with rookie contracts? Well, they expired and Jets had to give up a ton to keep the 4 including David "Tom Brady Speed" Harris. A ton meaning one third of their cap space where Mangina only used about 10% on them. 

REX teams have given up 24 points unanswered in both AFC Champ games.  He was unprepared and could not adjust to the other teams changes.  Lack of talent?  in 2010 we had enough talent to win. 2009 was pretty talented too.  Overpaid Mangini crap? Like brick, revis, harris, Mangold,  How many good players has REX drafted???  2???  3??? in 6 years???

Nice to see you haven't lost your ability to kill Rex to the very last..LOL Question for you if he never adjusted how did the Jets shut out the Steelers in the 2nd half of the AFCCG and the Jet O score 16 of their 19 points in the 2nd half??

Enough talent to win what?  Sanchez was the QB, those teams overachieved big time.  (1998 reference notwithstanding)

Enough talent to win what?  Sanchez was the QB, those teams overachieved big time.  (1998 reference notwithstanding)

LOL  The Jets had a top 5 oline, running game and defense in those years.  Rex was Sanchez's biggest supporter and when it came down to the AFC titles games it was Rex's beloved Defense that fell on its ass.  Pitsburgh and Mendenhall ran all over us and in the Indy game Manning destroyed our 3rd Cb with their 3rd wr and rex had no answer for it at all.

We had enough talent to win with the league worst QB? right...we had enough talent to win maybe 7 games if thats what you're saying, but we certainly didn't have enough talent to beat Manning in 2009 or 2010 (which we eventually did anyways). Most of the overpaid Mangina crap never took another NFL snap outside of Cleveland Browns. And for the record, Revis, Brick, Mangold and Harris were NOT overpaid. They were on their rookie deals with Mangina and most of them had to be paid only a yr in to Rex's regime so thats $40mil gone as opposed to the 10mil Mangini had them for. 

LOL  The Jets had a top 5 oline, running game and defense in those years.  Rex was Sanchez's biggest supporter and when it came down to the AFC titles games it was Rex's beloved Defense that fell on its ass.  Pitsburgh and Mendenhall ran all over us and in the Indy game Manning destroyed our 3rd Cb with their 3rd wr and rex had no answer for it at all.

LOL is right.  I am tired of defending Rex because he should lose his job, but the idea that somebody (actually anybody) would have done a better job in 2010 is laughable.  Literally EVERY coach has had that happen to them.  Hell it happened to Belichick against the Jets in 2010.

Nice to see you haven't lost your ability to kill Rex to the very last..LOL Question for you if he never adjusted how did the Jets shut out the Steelers in the 2nd half of the AFCCG and the Jet O score 16 of their 19 points in the 2nd half??

I didnt articulate properly... I believe REX has difficulty adjusting. I stand corrected on the Steelers point.  Rex's record speaks for itself.

We had enough talent to win with the league worst QB? right...we had enough talent to win maybe 7 games if thats what you're saying, but we certainly didn't have enough talent to beat Manning in 2009 or 2010 (which we eventually did anyways). Most of the overpaid Mangina crap never took another NFL snap outside of Cleveland Browns. And for the record, Revis, Brick, Mangold and Harris were NOT overpaid. They were on their rookie deals with Mangina and most of them had to be paid only a yr in to Rex's regime so thats $40mil gone as opposed to the 10mil Mangini had them for. 

Im not gonna stand in your way of wanting to fellate Rex (due respect, joke).  He is a below 500 coach who tatood Marks jersey  on his arm.  If mark sucks, Rex clearly didnt agree. He probably had a mark pic on his wall so when he banged his wife, he looked at mark.  Id like to know all the HC's that tatoo their sh*tty QB on their arm.

Worst QB???  Really? 2011?? we were 11-5. mark had talent and the same OC 2 years in a row.  

Im not gonna stand in your way of wanting to fellate Rex (due respect, joke).  He is a below 500 coach who tatood Marks jersey  on his arm.  If mark sucks, Rex clearly didnt agree. He probably had a mark pic on his wall so when he banged his wife, he looked at mark.  Id like to know all the HC's that tatoo their sh*tty QB on their arm.

Worst QB???  Really? 2011?? we were 11-5. mark had talent and the same OC 2 years in a row.  

#logic

Rex is the biggest supporter of EVERY Jets player. Thats how he is and nothing wrong with that. You don't kill your QB in public and then apologize later (Gruden/RG3). Rex had no answer for Manning 2009. True. He is a FHoF so I think the credit should go to Manning, not against Rex. Rex picked up Cromartie the next yr and Manning had no answer against the Jets D, but of course you failed to mention that. Pitsburgh only won because of that highly controversial fumble TD call. It was a 14 point swing. How many teams can come back from a 14 point swing in the a championship game? FWIW, Steelers went on to win the SB so its not like we lost to the Raiders. 

In the first half especially however how much did Pitt score in the 2nd half 0 points.. And had Sanchez not fumbled that was run back for a score Steelers lose 19-17.. In the 2009 Colt matchup was it surprising that a Peyton Manning scored(Top 7 in the NFL) more then a Sanchez offense.. Not to me..And we did have injuries in that game that led to the bad 2nd half. Note to posters that don't know Beerfish,Southpark or Mehl56 they make Tom Shane look like a Rex lover..LOL

Sanchez had talent and he owned the 27th best QB rating in 2010 (I suppose u meant 2010). So I take my words back about him being the worst that yr. He was the 6th worst QB in a group that included the banged up Favre, Hassellbeck, Derek Anderson and Jimmy Clausen. Heck, even Josh Freeman had the year of his career...short career. 

In the first half especially however how much did Pitt score in the 2nd half 0 points.. And had Sanchez not fumbled that was run back for a score Steelers lose 19-17.. In the 2009 Colt matchup was it surprising that a Peyton Manning scored(Top 7 in the NFL) more then a Sanchez offense.. Not to me..And we did have injuries in that game that led to the bad 2nd half. Note to posters that don't know Beerfish,Southpark or Mehl56 they make Tom Shane look like a Rex lover..LOL

Your avatar gets a couple people fired from their jobs every day.

Sanchez had talent and he owned the 27th best QB rating in 2010 (I suppose u meant 2010). So I take my words back about him being the worst that yr. He was the 6th worst QB in a group that included the banged up Favre, Hassellbeck, Derek Anderson and Jimmy Clausen. Heck, even Josh Freeman had the year of his career...short career. 

and Rex , along with the tatoo made him a team captain.

Thats your REX right there.

Can't/won't adjust

Archived