We Need To Keep Rex Ryan!!!! and Fire Idzik + Offseason nd Draft Mocks please????

GangGreenDover

Rex is obviously better at his job than Idzik, although when you think about it they have similar problems. Rex is half a HC (defense only) and Idzik is half a GM (accountant but poor personnel evaluator). The problem is if you fire Idzik but not Rex, you have the same issue with lack of interest in the job. However, longshot that Woody could split the baby: fire Idzik and look for a new GM and tell them it is totally up to them whether to keep or can Rex. Would fit the profile if Woody wants to avoid the dirty work himself with his buddy Rex.

Rex is obviously better at his job than Idzik, although when you think about it they have similar problems. Rex is half a HC (defense only) and Idzik is half a GM (accountant but poor personnel evaluator). The problem is if you fire Idzik but not Rex, you have the same issue with lack of interest in the job. However, longshot that Woody could split the baby: fire Idzik and look for a new GM and tell them it is totally up to them whether to keep or can Rex. Would fit the profile if Woody wants to avoid the dirty work himself with his buddy Rex.

Agree 100% The only thing Woody should be saying at seasons end, is "John Idzik, and the NY Jets have mutually agreed to go in separate directions". Then go on a 2 month vacation.

Under that scenario the Jets become a good job for a top GM candidate.

Decker, Harvin, Ivory, Amaro , Mangold, Brick on O  a stacked Dline, Demario Davis ,Harris , Folk . This team is not devoid of talent . The problem is its lacking in one key offensive area QB and on defense we're weak at the position (CB) our HC needs to make his scheme work. 

I'll contend with better coaching this could be a very productive offense - yet our HC wants to win via G&P, because he's afraid of his QB making mistakes.  On D he's just too stubborn and proud to adjust his schemes to help offset the lack of talent in the secondary, but its funny he can do it against Brady and Manning , because they're worthy of gameplanning for,  otherwise its let's just roll out my one trick pony D.

I'd even say give any other current HC and staff this roster and they'll produce more wins  than the Florham Park Fraud has .

Outside the DL, its a roster full of JAGS.  Nobody special, no stars, no face of the franchise...nothing!  Its pathetic.  They start street FA's at corner in the most pass happy league we've ever seen. 

When you dont have a QB who can throw the ball down field, you run the ball.  He's afraid of his QB making mistakes because that's all he does, is make mistakes.  

No coach wins with roster. Its terrible. 

Outside the DL, its a roster full of JAGS.  Nobody special, no stars, no face of the franchise...nothing!  Its pathetic.  They start street FA's at corner in the most pass happy league we've ever seen. 

When you dont have a QB who can throw the ball down field, you run the ball.  He's afraid of his QB making mistakes because that's all he does, is make mistakes.  

Then how did they win 8 games last year , this years roster is much better than last's , you might say oh they had Cro - who was absolutely horrible last year. I'm not saying this years roster is playoff quality but there's enough here to believe 8-8 was feasible. 

Yeah its funny about the street Cb's in a pass happy league. For 6 years Rex has tried to run a leather helmet smash mouth G&P offense in a pass happy league , but we all know its all about Rex's D the hell with the rest of the team.

Agree 100% The only thing Woody should be saying at seasons end, is "John Idzik, and the NY Jets have mutually agreed to go in separate directions". Then go on a 2 month vacation.

Under that scenario the Jets become a good job for a top GM candidate.

agree, draft was inexcusable. in the off chance Rex is retained holy moly this board will be a lot of fun for the next couple months :beer:

Outside the DL, its a roster full of JAGS. Nobody special, no stars, no face of the franchise...nothing! Its pathetic. They start street FA's at corner in the most pass happy league we've ever seen.

When you dont have a QB who can throw the ball down field, you run the ball. He's afraid of his QB making mistakes because that's all he does, is make mistakes.

Baltimore is playing CBs off the street. How is their D doing?

It is not Rex Ryan fault Of the New York Jets failures this year. We should appreciate Having a coach like Rex Ryan. The failures of thus season is due to poor drafting and light additions in the free agency. We are missing key pieces of the team that would have probably improved our record by 85%. 50% of the games that was lost earlier in the season where lost by less than 10 points And could have been won if we would have had some good CB's and good QB play. We also are struggling at the O line position and could also use a #1 WR. We are not far off from being a great team, we just missed out on the key pieces for our offense and defense to work out. I just wanted to get that off my chest even though Rex is on his way out. I do not think it is the best move to fire him because we would be basically giving up one of the best coaches in the league. Rex just needs a GM that's he can get along with and a whole new front office of scouts and a whole new offensive coordinator. Marty doesn't know what he wants to do with the offense seems like he got all timers to me but just tell me what y'all think about I know me and Darelle Revis ain't the only ones that has some sympathy for Rex because of the overall situation he is in. The draft coming up and a lot of changes are about to be made so talking about the outcomes do cheer me up a little. With our future QB being out of reach now and Amari Cooper possibly could be taken before our pick. It seems like we can't get away from the bad luck. I just pray we can become the team I have dreamed of which are Superbowl Champs.

So what's next JetNation? Give me a mock of the off season and the decision of keeping Rex Ryan.

tumblr_nb4hnzrspn1tjsogwo1_500.gif

Funny thing...but if they fire Idzik and keep REX, Id be OK.  How much worse could it get.

better than the reverse that much is true. but even if rex is not fired, it would likely be a temporary stay of execution because no way woody conditions the GM job on retaining rex again. it would be up to new GM.

better than the reverse that much is true. but even if rex is not fired, it would likely be a temporary stay of execution because no way woody conditions the GM job on retaining rex again. it would be up to new GM.

Does that mkae the GM job more or less appealing in any way? Could make an argument either way I guess.... thats not saying I want him back.

Obviously. Awwwww-bviously. Tut tut tut. You don't know that. You don't even know what you'd need to know in order to make an informed assessment about that. You guys kill me.

gee an opinion without researched footnotes on a fan board. your tut-tutting is absurd, immature, and ridiculous. come off your high horse. no wonder you are a lonelyheart. you can always get another cat. merry catmas with your "family"!

large.jpg

Absurd, immature, and ridiculous is thinking that lack of support for a statement of fact renders it an opinion.

so sorry opinion police. i'll try to cite sources when i'm having a casual conversation about sports on the internet during down time at the office. :roll:

Archived