Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon  Pick for RD 3

GangGreenDover

We gotta get this kid in the mid rounds. I expect Hus stock to go down due to the recent ACL injury so this is a pick we can't miss. I would take a chance on him, Ifo along with Dex Mcdougle both coming off ACL injuries would be up for the challenge to prove their values. I would also draft a corner 2nd round too like Kevin Johnson or sign a vet FA like Cox or Maxwell. Dee Milliner didn't pan out as expected so we should kinda shorten his leash. With CB1 Maxwell,Milliner,Cox or Johnson CB2 Dex McDougle NCB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu that's a major upgrade I know Rex would be mad since he would be gone next season. I think this is a nice scenario I like the prospects and I very high on Dex Mcdougle returning next season the kid has something special although injuries have been a major factor in his career setbacks

So we can make it a trifecta of CBs coming off major season ending surgery??

I believe the goal is to have the entire secondary next year be made up of players recovering from season-ending injuries. This would also give rontez miles an inside track to start next year. (he had season-ending shin surgery yesterday)

He will go in the 2nd round still, with how important cover CB's are now a days some team will jump at a chance to get a 1st round talent in the 2nd round.

This. Ifo is a beast and checks out on tape and on paper. If he can get it together my the combine and still time under 4.4 he could still go in the first.  

If he's smart he'll sit out the pre-draft trials completely anyways, Oregon insured his draft value in exchange for him returning to school and if he falls out of the first he gets something like $3 million up front.

This. Ifo is a beast and checks out on tape and on paper. If he can get it together my the combine and still time under 4.4 he could still go in the first.  

If he's smart he'll sit out the pre-draft trials completely anyways, Oregon insured his draft value in exchange for him returning to school and if he falls out of the first he gets something like $3 million up front.

I dunno, he's a slot corner coming off of an ACL tear, first might be a stretch. Then again, if Rex goes to the Falcons it's certainly a possibility. 

So we can make it a trifecta of CBs coming off major season ending surgery??

Man just cause you have an injury it doesn't mean the players talent is gone its a ass load of NFL players bounce back off a ACL injury. Plus these are unproven rookies so they already know its go hard or get cut which I doubt will happen. I mean really look at the lineup I just gave earlier this could become one of the toughest secondaries in the League, these are Feisty and very athletic corners that go all out every down getting hurt at practice and training camp let's me know Ifo and Dex are very competitive. I'm kind of worried about Dee though he talks instead of walks, over react on routes, and lacks confidence even though he may claim he has a great amount

Man just cause you have an injury it doesn't mean the players talent is gone its a ass load of NFL players bounce back off a ACL injury. Plus these are unproven rookies so they already know its go hard or get cut which I doubt will happen. I mean really look at the lineup I just gave earlier this could become one of the toughest secondaries in the League, these are Feisty and very athletic corners that go all out every down getting hurt at practice and training camp let's me know Ifo and Dex are very competitive. I'm kind of worried about Dee though he talks instead of walks, over react on routes, and lacks confidence even though he may claim he has a great amount

Firstly, all three of these guys play a position that is reliant on physical ability moreso than probably any other position on the field.  Dex hasn't played a meaningful snap of football in over two years and Dee is coming off of a brutal injury as well, counting on either to play for us next year is probably being too optimistic.  I'm sure one of them will, but counting on them to do so and then drafting another CB in the same boat is not smart planning. Our team isn't good enough to draft guys who may or may not play this year.

Firstly, all three of these guys play a position that is reliant on physical ability moreso than probably any other position on the field. Dex hasn't played a meaningful snap of football in over two years and Dee is coming off of a brutal injury as well, counting on either to play for us next year is probably being too optimistic. I'm sure one of them will, but counting on them to do so and then drafting another CB in the same boat is not smart planning. Our team isn't good enough to draft guys who may or may not play this year.

Dex is going to play Ifo should be ready by next season and Dee I'll sign someone who can lead instead of him bring me Tremon Williams,Cox, or Maxwell. And you must really like Kyle Wilson and D Walls Lmao

Dex is going to play Ifo should be ready by next season and Dee I'll sign someone who can lead instead of him bring me Tremon Williams,Cox, or Maxwell. And you must really like Kyle Wilson and D Walls Lmao Ill take these guys that have had injuries over them especially Kyle <---

I made no inferences towards Wilson, Walls or any other CBs on our team. I just don't think it's prudent to have the top three CBs on your roster all be coming off season-ending injuries. 

I'd like to see a legit proven starter be signed to the Jets next year and let Dex and Dee fight for the other CB position.  I'll take a CB in the draft too.... as extra insurance, but not before the 3rd round.  

With that said, I hope we find a way to resign Revis. 

Archived