I am calling WFAN with this idea

KINGDIRK

So I had a fun debate over beers with some friends today (some Jet fans, some Gmen). It started when I said I am calling they WFAN with the following idea (which by the way is contingent upon Idzik being gone and Rex Ryan taking the ATL HC job).

Yes, lots of things need to happen. But its 12/21, our team has 3 wins so what the hell.....

Jets send Wilkerson and Snacks TO Atlanta for Atlanta's 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks

Atlanta has a playoff ready offense but an awful defense. They run a 3-4.

Sure draft picks are gold but for a team whose defense has held them back for years how about in their primes stud 3-4 DE and a very good NT? No waiting around for a couple of years for rookies to develop. Plus you know Rex would sign onto this deal in a heartbeat.

If Idzik is still around and allowed to make the draft picks - HELL no. But if Woody brings in a legit football mind, why not hand them a bunch of extra draft picks to build a team.

So this debate.....Crazy? If so, for which side.

I am totally for this. Trading away good young players for draft picks that you would then need to use to replace the players that you traded is genius.

The problem is Muhammed Wilkerson is going to need $50 mil in guaranteed money to extend him and we can simply slot in Coples at his DE spot without experiencing a downgrade.  We have way too many holes at WR, secondary and OL to be spending all of our cap room at the one position we actually have depth in.

F*ck it

Sign Suh, Iupati, CB, LB in free agency

Get a vet in here to take care of the ball

Put Dalton Freeman at center move Mangold to RG

Draft offense in the entire f*cking draft!

Have some freaking fun next year!

After this year I'm yearning for the days of Tanny the trader.

So I had a fun debate over beers with some friends today (some Jet fans, some Gmen). It started when I said I am calling they WFAN with the following idea (which by the way is contingent upon Idzik being gone and Rex Ryan taking the ATL HC job).

Yes, lots of things need to happen. But its 12/21, our team has 3 wins so what the hell.....

Jets send Wilkerson and Snacks TO Atlanta for Atlanta's 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks

Sure draft picks are gold but for a team whose defense has held them back for years how about in their primes stud 3-4 DE and a very good NT? No waiting around for a couple of years for rookies to develop. Plus you know Rex would sign onto this deal in a heartbeat.

If Idzik is still around and allowed to make the draft picks - HELL no. But if Woody brings in a legit football mind, why not hand them a bunch of extra draft picks to build a team.

saw a stat that some large percentage , 33 I believe, of 1st rounders are busts since 94. Why would we trade 2 solid known quantities for a crap shoot?

That trade would be in my view 2 firsts, a second and a third and still seems short.

F*ck it

Sign Suh, Iupati, CB, LB in free agency

Get a vet in here to take care of the ball

Put Dalton Freeman at center move Mangold to RG

Draft offense in the entire f*cking draft!

Have some freaking fun next year!

After this year I'm yearning for the days of Tanny the trader.

Tannys trades seem to leave us with very few picks and we got OLD fast.

Yeah, by all means, you call. :rl:

Sure draft picks are gold but for a team whose defense has held them back for years how about in their primes stud 3-4 DE and a very good NT? No waiting around for a couple of years for rookies to develop. Plus you know Rex would sign onto this deal in a heartbeat.

I don't trade away my core strength.

Tannys trades seem to leave us with very few picks and we got OLD fast.

I'm just fooling around.

But I'm not kidding about putting together a defense to kill all of the QBs in our division.

I don't think it's that crazy to move Mangold to RG & use a younger center.

It's probably something you would see Belichick do, get as many of your best players to fix weaknesses.

You have a Dline of Suh, Shel, Mo & Coples!

Just add speed behind them.

Instead of starting these novices get a hold the fort guy. Had Favre come back in 2010 we probably end up in the f*cking Superbowl!

What can you possibly gain by callin wfan and making this proposal? I dont get sports radio callers, its not a very worthwhile forum for debate. Theres no back and forth like you have here. But if you do call Boomer and Carton.. im sure Carton would actually entertain that proposal lol

why don't we just traid Rex to the Falcons for three 1z

In theory that's possible, he's still under contract next year after last years stupid 1 yr "extension"

The Jets have been involved in 3 historic (out of 4 total I believe) Trades of HCs for draft picks:

A) Gave up '97 3rd & 4th rounders, '98 2nd, & '99 1st round picks for Parcells

B ) Got a 2000 1st round pick for Belichick

C) Got a 2006 4th rounder for Herm Edwards

D) Rex can net us a 5th?

In theory that's possible, he's still under contract next year after last years stupid 1 yr "extension"

The Jets have been involved in 3 historic (out of 4 total I believe) Trades of HCs for draft picks:

B) Got a 2000 1st round pick for Belichick

D) Rex can net us a 5th?

A fifth what?

B ) Got a 2000 1st round pick for Belichick

D) Rex can net us a 5th?

hold out for the 3 #1's.... This is the head coach of the best damn 3-12 team in league history we are talking about here.

Yeah, by all means, you call. :rl:

Nothing says GREAT sports talk radio like trade suggestions. "Yeah, Mike, the Jets should trade their problem children to some other team who I have no idea if they need or want them so that team can give the Jets something of great value in return". CALL NOW. DON'T DELAY. YOU'RE A GENIUS. HYPOTHETICAL TRADE PHONE CALLS RULE! 

Call 911

Archived