Bleacher Report write Suh wants to play in NewYork

ebonix

--I am not super  keen on this--  would  rather have the new GM concentrate on QB, CB in FA; and OL in FA and Draft.

......www.bleacherreport.com

Signing Suh could form the best defensive line the NFL has witnessed in decades. A dominant front four with a power-rushing attack would take a load of pressure off the Jets quarterback. This negates the need to outscore the likes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck in the AFC.

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter (via Ebenezer Samuel and Justin Tasch of the New York Daily News), the high-profile signing isn’t just a pipe dream. Suh has publicly expressed interest in playing for a New York franchise:

Suh has told people in the past that he would love to play in New York, and the idea of it has huge appeal to him, league sources said.

Seriously there is no excitement over this prospect?

If you don't have a top flight QB in this league you better have a superior unit in one area of your team.

The NY Jets are on the cusp of having the best Dline maybe ever.

You don't have to re-up Mo Wilkerson until AFTER the 2015 season where you could franchise him.

Coples-Suh-Richardson-Wilkerson!!!!!!!!!!!

The NEW NY Sack exchange!

Jets can go cheaper in other areas of the team. Just extend Folk to flatten his cap. Don't resign Harvin, basically sign Harris for a 1/4 of what he was making & he'll be a 2 down LB. Old slow 2 down LBs aren't signing huge contracts & I'm sure he's comfortable in NY.

If the Jets did this & fixed their secondary just a small % this is team you wouldn't want to play.

Say they signed Suh & Maxwell from Seattle...boom! Pryor will be better, AA is good enough to play free safety, Williams could be a Nickle & your hoping either Milliner or McDougle make it back all the way but if both miraculously do you are in great shape!

The 1 big signing on offense should be Iupati (boom..Oline fixed).

He'd have to be willing to take less money than he'd otherwise get from some other team.  The defensive front is quite literally the only strength that the Jets have right now.  It's about the last position group on the team that needs to be addressed via free agency and the draft.  

The 2015 offseason needs to be spent focusing on something the Jets have neglected for far too long:  OFFENSE.

Can't see this happening. Suh is gonna command JJ Watt type of money and I don't think he deserves that. Not to mention the Jets already have an elite d-line, with needs at other positions. AND Wilkerson is also going on the last year of his deal.

Never gonna happen unless he wants to take a massive pay cut.

Don't agree at all, Watt has set the standard but he's also SO MUCH better than the next guy no ones matching that contract.

You fix the offense by fixing the Oline 1st.

Colon & Breno were HUGE liabilities.

Sign Iupati.

Draft Cooper & hopefully Shaq comes back healthy & fills the 4th WR spot.

You already have Decker/Kerley/Maybe Shaq so you draft Cooper & your done.

Jets need a TE that can also block! Cumberland has been a waste of time!

Your not going to have studs at every position of your team.

Jets also need 2 more speedy LBs if the next DC goes to a 4/3 which utilizes Coples best attributes.

You might hate it but we have to draft another CB as some point with the question marks regarding Milliner & McDougle.

Jets could easily be a sleeper next year with easy schedule lined up for them.

They would kill the Olines they would face in the AFC South!

--I am not super  keen on this--  would  rather have the new GM concentrate on QB, CB in FA; and OL in FA and Draft.

Signing Suh could form the best defensive line the NFL has witnessed in decades. A dominant front four with a power-rushing attack would take a load of pressure off the Jets quarterback. This negates the need to outscore the likes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck in the AFC.

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter (via Ebenezer Samuel and Justin Tasch of the New York Daily News), the high-profile signing isn’t just a pipe dream. Suh has publicly expressed interest in playing for a New York franchise:

Suh has told people in the past that he would love to play in New York, and the idea of it has huge appeal to him, league sources said.

no way we could afford Mo and Suh...not to mention ever planning to sign Big Snacks later. I would consider switching to a 4-3 with Coples and Richardson on the outside DE and Harrison and Suh inside. I think that would be very hard for any O-line to control. We could rush 4 and drop 7 every down and still get to the QB.

that means Mo is the odd man out. we have the rights to the 5th year option on him. I'd exercise it and put him on the block. I think he could land us a #1 pick.

All this talk about Suh wanting to get paid like JJ Watt. I forget which thread, but I had posted Watt's contract as reported by rotoworld, incorrectly.  The correct numbers can be found here:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/j.j.-watt/

6 year/$100.1M,  $51.8M gauranteed

cap hit

2014: $4.5M

2015: $22M

2016: $12.5M

2017: $12.5M

2018: $13M

2019: $13M

2020: $15.5M

2021: $17.5M

That one year sucks.  $22M for one player is outrageous.  But with some fanciful contract writing, I'm sure we could entice a blue-chip player like Suh, to come here, and get similar coin.  Players care about the guaranteed money, and about being "paid better" than everyone else, for ego.  

If he's serious about playing in New York.  We are the team.  The Jets are in the 3rd best cap shape going into next year, the Giants are in 31st.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

We have enough DL!

Need QB, RG, RT, blocking TE, WR1, CB, NB, RB, FS....not in any order

Agreed.  It'll be challenging enough for the new GM and HC to even attempt to fill some of the holes that this team has, even with all of the cap space we have plus the draft.  They need to focus on that rather than trying to bolster the D-line, which is the only thing the Jets are actually good at.  Our defense could be scary next year with the D-line returning so long as they can overhaul the defensive skill positions.

Nickel back not a thing? Well it is now!

And yes we need a TE that doesn't line up in slot and that can actually help a rb!

Too bad they dont make you gm....you have it all figured out.

NB could be Williams

TE- Clay from Miami

WR- draft

RT- draft

* FS- Antonio Allen

* especially if they sign Suh pass rush will allow 7 in secondary with speedy LBs

If you don't have a top flight QB in this league you better have a superior unit in one area of your team.

You don't have to re-up Mo Wilkerson until AFTER the 2015 season where you could franchise him.

Jets can go cheaper in other areas of the team. Just extend Folk to flatten his cap. Don't resign Harvin, basically sign Harris for a 1/4 of what he was making & he'll be a 2 down LB. Old slow 2 down LBs aren't signing huge contracts & I'm sure he's comfortable in NY.

If the Jets did this & fixed their secondary just a small % this is team you wouldn't want to play.

Say they signed Suh & Maxwell from Seattle...boom! Pryor will be better, AA is good enough to play free safety, Williams could be a Nickle & your hoping either Milliner or McDougle make it back all the way but if both miraculously do you are in great shape!

In todays NFL, they'll just take 2-3 step drops and throw quick slants.   Our CBs will be weak again because we won't be able to afford a secondary and we'll have a repeat of this year.   We'll stop a team for a while and then let up a 50+ yard TD.  If we spent money to fix our CB, then we'd have an even worse offense than we did this year.

The NFL is an offensive league now.  Most teams (Seattle and Arizona since they are on QB #3 maybe being the exception) are winning with offense. That doesn't mean other teams don't have a good D, but they have at minimum a good QB who can win a game on his own with some sort of offensive weapon.

NE - Brady, Gronk

DEN - Peyton, Thomas * 2, Sanders, Anderson

IND - Luck, TY

CIN - Hill/Bernard, AJ Green.   QB good at best

PIT - Big Ben, Brown, Bell

SEA - Wilson Marshawn

ARI - Exception....  But they did have Palmer.

GB - Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson, Lacy

DET - Megatron, Stafford

DAL - Romo, Bryant, DeMarco

The Jets do not have any real weapons on offense.  They NEED to spend their money there.  It won't be easy to find a QB, but they can't play with any of them on the roster now.  At RB, they have OK players.  Ivory is too 1 dimensional.  He's useless in the passing game.  CJ0.5K is done unfortunately.  Decker is a good receiver, but you need at least another one at his caliber or better.   With that money needed to be spent, how can you afford the luxury of a a "super unit" (which has to be the most overrated thing ever).

If we activate the entire practice squad offense and cut all of our offensive talent currently making over league minimum, and then sign every single top rated defensive free agent, we would be epically epic times über^69 We could shock and awe the league. They wouldn't know how to gameplan. I want full credit and accolades when you see this done next year

Can't you find a more recent article than September 2014 that says Suh wants to play in New York.

Nickel back not a thing? Well it is now!

And yes we need a TE that doesn't line up in slot and that can actually help a rb!

Too bad they dont make you gm....you have it all figured out.

The abbreviation for nickle back is "CB."  I know, weird.  lol 

Pantele is a strictly blocking TE

Sudfeld is a good blocking TE with WR chops

Amaro is our highly drafted stud whose blocking improved as the year went on.  I think he more than has the physical make-up to become an excellent asset in that department and considering what we spent on the position, I'm okay with continuing to develop him. 

Ideally, we create an OL that is capable of creating holes on their own, and perhaps reduce Breno to a swing-OT role where he can excel in run-blocking without being a liability in the passing game.  Considering he is signed, I'd rather teach Breno how to catch the occasional pass than look for this unicorn TE you speak of.

Especially considering the extent of needs that you've demonstrated. 

It's amazing how gullible some of you guys are. It doesn't shock me that a guy looking for a big payday would find it appealing to play for a team that is projected to have the most (?) cap space next year. This is his agent trying to drum up interest, get teams into a bidding war. That fat turd would love to play for ANYBODY that matches his contractual demands. What kind of sucker is this guy anyway? The Lions have the best defense in football in terms of statistics, they are in the playoffs, they are winning games. Yet this guy desperately wants to come to the 3-12 Jets? Why? Again, stop being so gullible. The nerves on this guy.

Our GM's never seem to be the smartest guys in the world but I doubt they'd be stupid enough to spend our cap space on yet another D-Lineman. We're already stacked there. We can't even get Mo done. Snacks will be next, Sheldon is coming up in probably 2 years as well, then you have Coples and Ellis. All those guys need long term deals. Tell Suh to **** off, let the Raiders have him.

The abbreviation for nickle back is "CB."  I know, weird.  lol 

Pantele is a strictly blocking TE

Sudfeld is a good blocking TE with WR chops

Amaro is our highly drafted stud whose blocking improved as the year went on.  I think he more than has the physical make-up to become an excellent asset in that department and considering what we spent on the position, I'm okay with continuing to develop him. 

Ideally, we create an OL that is capable of creating holes on their own, and perhaps reduce Breno to a swing-OT role where he can excel in run-blocking without being a liability in the passing game.  Considering he is signed, I'd rather teach Breno how to catch the occasional pass than look for this unicorn TE you speak of.

Especially considering the extent of needs that you've demonstrated. 

Actually 'NB' is an actual abbrev

On TE I disagree.  If we had any kind of decent QB I might be more inclined to agree but Cumberland has proven useless in both pass protection and blocking.  I think it would help a Dev QB to run more 2 TE sets where the TE can actual pickup a blitzer that opposing DC are using to rattle our deficient QBs and have said TE have ability to sneak out for 3rd or 4th option\hot read.

As far as Pantele and Sudfeld go, I doubt they even make the cut on better teams aside from special teams.

I'd like to see Jets pick up a TE in 3rd or 4th round , maybe Noyack or the kid from Ohio State

Breno needs to be replaced at RT..I would let him compete at guard.

It's amazing how gullible some of you guys are. It doesn't shock me that a guy looking for a big payday would find it appealing to play for a team that is projected to have the most (?) cap space next year. This is his agent trying to drum up interest, get teams into a bidding war. That fat turd would love to play for ANYBODY that matches his contractual demands. What kind of sucker is this guy anyway? The Lions have the best defense in football in terms of statistics, they are in the playoffs, they are winning games. Yet this guy desperately wants to come to the 3-12 Jets? Why? Again, stop being so gullible. The nerves on this guy.

Our GM's never seem to be the smartest guys in the world but I doubt they'd be stupid enough to spend our cap space on yet another D-Lineman. We're already stacked there. We can't even get Mo done. Snacks will be next, Sheldon is coming up in probably 2 years as well, then you have Coples and Ellis. All those guys need long term deals. Tell Suh to **** off, let the Raiders have him.

If the Raiders stay In a 4-3 defense, than Suh definitely will be high on their priority list. He's the type of player that would do wonders for Khalil Mack game.

If Harbaugh come aboard and they switch to 3-4 than I don't how much money you throw at Suh in a 3-4 defense.( lb position is where the pressure should come from, and where you investment should be in 3-4 defense)

Right now finding a MLB is the highest priority on defense whether they play 4-3 or 3-4. Patrick Willis( almost certain to be cut) is one option ,or Brandon Spikes ( two down Lb only)is another.

Well you bring in Suh at 16-18 mill which is less that Watt but more than McCoy, The following year you then have Wilkenson making 15 mill under the tag and Richardson contract due next year. Everyone already is aware that Richardson thinks he is or should be valued the same as Watt, Plus Snacks who would want to be paid along the lines of Rubyn, Wilfork,  Solari about 7-8 mill, you then have 1/3 of your cap tied up in 4 guys none of which touch the ball,

Actually 'NB' is an actual abbrev

On TE I disagree.  If we had any kind of decent QB I might be more inclined to agree but Cumberland has proven useless in both pass protection and blocking.  I think it would help a Dev QB to run more 2 TE sets where the TE can actual pickup a blitzer that opposing DC are using to rattle our deficient QBs and have said TE have ability to sneak out for 3rd or 4th option\hot read.

As far as Pantele and Sudfeld go, I doubt they even make the cut on better teams aside from special teams.

I'd like to see Jets pick up a TE in 3rd or 4th round , maybe Noyack or the kid from Ohio State

Breno needs to be replaced at RT..I would let him compete at guard.

If you're hell bent on upgrading the TE position, I would be lobbying for free agents.  This is a horrible draft for TEs. 

Archived