Bleacher Report write Suh wants to play in NewYork

ebonix

Jetster, on 24 Dec 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Seriously there is no excitement over this prospect?

If you don't have a top flight QB in this league you better have a superior unit in one area of your team.

The NY Jets are on the cusp of having the best Dline maybe ever.

You don't have to re-up Mo Wilkerson until AFTER the 2015 season where you could franchise him.

Coples-Suh-Richardson-Wilkerson!!!!!!!!!!!

The NEW NY Sack exchange!

Jets can go cheaper in other areas of the team. Just extend Folk to flatten his cap. Don't resign Harvin, basically sign Harris for a 1/4 of what he was making & he'll be a 2 down LB. Old slow 2 down LBs aren't signing huge contracts & I'm sure he's comfortable in NY.

If the Jets did this & fixed their secondary just a small % this is team you wouldn't want to play.

Say they signed Suh & Maxwell from Seattle...boom! Pryor will be better, AA is good enough to play free safety, Williams could be a Nickle & your hoping either Milliner or McDougle make it back all the way but if both miraculously do you are in great shape!

The 1 big signing on offense should be Iupati (boom..Oline fixed).

yeah I am excited at this prospect. Especially if we don't sack the QB on every play, we will watch opposing WR's like Sammy W running 50 yards behind our pathetic secondary like they did all this season.

If you're hell bent on upgrading the TE position, I would be lobbying for free agents.  This is a horrible draft for TEs. 

Well since it Xmas and all....OK...FA it is!

From hense forth all mock drafts and pontifications of roster restructure shall not include the forecast of picking a TE in upcoming NFL draft.  All said improvement in the position shall be accomplished by enticing TE players from other teams to reject their label and become a Jet, thus play like a jet, and thus become member of jetnation for life of said enticement.

--I am not super  keen on this--  would  rather have the new GM concentrate on QB, CB in FA; and OL in FA and Draft.

......www.bleacherreport.com

Signing Suh could form the best defensive line the NFL has witnessed in decades. A dominant front four with a power-rushing attack would take a load of pressure off the Jets quarterback. This negates the need to outscore the likes of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck in the AFC.

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter (via Ebenezer Samuel and Justin Tasch of the New York Daily News), the high-profile signing isn’t just a pipe dream. Suh has publicly expressed interest in playing for a New York franchise:

Suh would be nice if we bring n a coach that implements the 4-3. Suh would be useless in a 3-4

Suh has told people in the past that he would love to play in New York, and the idea of it has huge appeal to him, league sources said.

I don't want to lose a guy with Mo's talents. But what if we lost him but it actually helped us a a team?

I'd trade Mo for a 1st rounder and an other mid round pick. Then you sign Suh to a huge deal, one that Mo would have wanted and received anyways. In the end Suh is better then Mo IMO.

So what you've done is basically traded Mo for Suh and a 1st round pick.(and another mid t late round).

I'd do that no question!

I don't want to lose a guy with Mo's talents. But what if we lost him but it actually helped us a a team?

I'd trade Mo for a 1st rounder and an other mid round pick. Then you sign Suh to a huge deal, one that Mo would have wanted and received anyways. In the end Suh is better then Mo IMO.

So what you've done is basically traded Mo for Suh and a 1st round pick.(and another mid t late round).

I'd do that no question!

Why wouldn't anorher team just sign Suh and keep their 1st rounder if he's better and demanding the same money?

I'd do that no question![/

I don't get why Jet fans wouldn't want to make this move? Mo is signed for 2015! Why wouldn't you want Mo playing with Suh, Richardson & Coples the year before he becomes a free agent?

It's actually brilliant, Mo would be playing with his hair on fire playing for a new contract. Win, win situation!

Guys Suhs age & talent rarely ever become free agents.

We'll have 46 million, would you rather give an average CB too much money?

If Mo has a breakout amazing season you can franchise or you can put him on the block after his best season & get a 1st round pick for him.

Look at our schedule next year. With the right moves, the right coach we could turn this mess around pretty quickly.

Suh & Iupati should be our BIG free agent signings.

Trenches, trenches, trenches!

Contracts can be manipulated in a way that spreads out the salary cap, especially when your signing 26 year old studs in their prime.

This isn't like your signing a washed up Leonard Marshall or Willie Colon.

We signed Harvin & were paying him 7 million! You wouldn't want to jettison Harvin for Suh & an extra 5-6 million?

Jets are so far UNDER the cap that they will be REQUIRED to spend up to a % of it.

After Suh & Iupati they would be value shopping anyway.

I would be absolutely p*ssed if they don't look into the Suh thing. What free agents would other Jet fans want to spend their money on?

I don't see stud WRs, Safeties, CBs, available. Guys like Dez, Crabtree, DT, are not gonna make it to free agency.

We also need to target another LB in free agency, I don't know who will be available.

I'm sure we'll target another WR in the 2015 draft, and probably a LT to groom at RT to eventually replace Dbrick.

Suh is not better than Mo. And he's certainly going to make a lot more money.

Totally disagree!

Suh has proven to be much more consistent & if he played on a line with Mo, Sheldon & Coples they would all play off each other & be a absolute NIGHTMARE for opposing Olines.

Mo is under contract for 2015!

Now if you tell me we could sign Justin Houston in free agency I would be ALL OVER IT. Problem is edge pass rushing LBs rarely hit the market. Suh on the other hand has made it clear he wants to move on & the Lions are in a tough spot with the salary cap because they're paying Calvin, Bush, Stafford all mega contracts.

Houston would be a coup, we have NEVER had that stud edge pass rusher. Replace Pace with Houston, holy sh*t!

Totally disagree!

Suh has proven to be much more consistent & if he played on a line with Mo, Sheldon & Coples they would all play off each other & be a absolute NIGHTMARE for opposing Olines.

Mo is under contract for 2015!

Now if you tell me we could sign Justin Houston in free agency I would be ALL OVER IT. Problem is edge pass rushing LBs rarely hit the market. Suh on the other hand has made it clear he wants to move on & the Lions are in a tough spot with the salary cap because they're paying Calvin, Bush, Stafford all mega contracts.

Houston would be a coup, we have NEVER had that stud edge pass rusher. Replace Pace with Houston, holy sh*t!

Suh couldn't hold Mo's jock in this defense, in our scheme. And I doubt Mo would have a hard time getting 10+ sacks in a Tampa 2 type defense, the way Detroit is running it. Where the DT's are asked to rush the passer only, always getting 1 on 1's. If Mo can get 10+ sacks in a 3-4 (when he wasn't even in his prime), he can easily do it out of the 4-3.

And Suh is going to make WAY more money. You can't disagree, it's a fact. He's a free agent. Wilkerson is locked up for another 2 years, if he wants a long term deal now he will have to settle for way less than he would make in the open market. Common sense.

Suh couldn't hold Mo's jock in this defense, in our scheme. And I doubt Mo would have a hard time getting 10+ sacks in a Tampa 2 type defense, the way Detroit is running it. Where the DT's are asked to rush the passer only, always getting 1 on 1's. If Mo can get 10+ sacks in a 3-4 (when he wasn't even in his prime), he can easily do it out of the 4-3.

And Suh is going to make WAY more money. You can't disagree, it's a fact. He's a free agent. Wilkerson is locked up for another 2 years, if he wants a long term deal now he will have to settle for way less than he would make in the open market. Common sense.

Detroits run defense is right up there with the Jets & Fairley has been out almost the whole year.

We agree to disagree.

Because you have Mo by the balls you can do the Suh deal. We have plenty of money to do it, we won't be paying big dollars for a QB over the next 4-6 years! The only reason we were in that Pats game last week was because of our pass rush. As long as Brady is the QB to beat in our division the ONLY WAY you beat them is with a great pass rush.

There seems to be this theory that if we sign Suh we can't sign or keep our players? We don't have a mega contract QB & we won't have one until we hit on the draft at QB & even if we do it will be 4-6 years from now.

We have so few STARS that need to be paid we could easily sign Suh & Iupati & still have plenty of dough.

Look at freaking Dallas! Romo, Bryant, Murray, Witten & watch them keep them! They have a stud Oline built with high draft picks.

We could have an average offense & win a sh*t load of games. Our problem is we have a below average QB & below average CBs, a weak RG & RT, and an inconstistant pass rush.

Suh along with the guys we have would change that in a hurry! Your taking Snacks off the field for Suh! Um, that is a HUGE upgrade in pass rushing.

Snacks could be great trade bait to a team like the Bears that can't stop the run. This new regime has to make some bold moves, if just one CB comes back healthy for us & you draft some speed at LB with a nasty pass rush you can really limit 3rd down conversions & help the offense.

We aren't getting an instant stud QB walking in here so we have to win games dominating somewhere & play consistently in other areas of the football team (special teams ect.)

A fundamentally SOUND offense will have to do because QBs don't grow on trees.

• 2 weeks later...

Why wouldn't anorher team just sign Suh and keep their 1st rounder if he's better and demanding the same money?

There will be 8-10 teams, maybe more who are after Suh. Only one team can land him. All the other suitors will resort to plan B. Mo Wilk will be highly sought after by those remaining teams if the Jets make him available.

Lol at all you guys that are bitching about money.

We have $50 million in cap room. With the rookie wage scale, we can afford to not only keep Harvin and sign Suh, but upgrade the team in other areas as well.

$55M or more needs to go to Tom Brady when the Patriots cut him.

Archived