Report: Both Rex and Idzik Will be Fired Monday Morning

JetsFanatic

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. 

exposing your rudimentary attempts to implicate Rex in Idziks folly is not the work of the Dark Side.

This sums up Rex's entire HC career perfectly.

yup.  Let's not forget Rex and Tanny watching Mark Sanchez at some high school football field in California throwing to a bunch of kids and Rex absolutely falling in love with him.  To the point where the Jets actually trade up to get him.  Rex is a big dumbass.  A different sort of dumbass from you, but a dumbass nonetheless.  (Reminder:  responding to a troll like you requires an obligatory insult. but you're used to that, dumbass.)

exposing your rudimentary attempts to implicate Rex in Idziks folly is not the work of the Dark Side.

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Anakin was a good friend. When I first met him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong. He's more machine now than man. His mind is twisted and evil.

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Anakin was a good friend. When I first met him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong. He's more machine now than man. His mind is twisted and evil.

This is the best Christmas present ever.

I accept your surrender.

yup.  Let's not forget Rex and Tanny watching Mark Sanchez at some high school football field in California throwing to a bunch of kids and Rex absolutely falling in love with him.  To the point where the Jets actually trade up to get him.

Favre went back to Mayberry and the Jets needed a QB.  The pick was either Sanchez or Freeman..  Stafford was never going to be available.  In retrospect there's a dozen picks that would have been better but that day they made the right choice.

Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope.

My friend here's trying to convince me that any independent contractors who were working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when it was destroyed by the Rebels.

I can see it. You know he didn't watch college games except Clemson, of course, or pay attention to scouting reports. All Idzik and Bauer or Bradway would have to say is "this guy hits like a ton of bricks and Rex would be all in on draftng him. Remember the story of how they sent him down to Kentucky to look at a LB and he saw slow running bad catching RB John Conner make a block and he was begging for the Terminator when every pick came up

As I reported on JI several weeks ago, Idzik is going to get fired.  The decision was made a while ago.  

And as far as personnel goes, Rex was neutered the second Idzik became GM.  Rex had a lot of say with Tannenbaum, not so much with Idzik.  Also, Woody likes Rex, but the Jets need an overhaul.  You can't have a coach who is coaching for his job while you have a team that is in rebuild, so it's best for Rex and the Jets to part ways.  

yup.  Let's not forget Rex and Tanny watching Mark Sanchez at some high school football field in California throwing to a bunch of kids and Rex absolutely falling in love with him.  To the point where the Jets actually trade up to get him.  Rex is a big dumbass.  A different sort of dumbass from you, but a dumbass nonetheless.  (Reminder:  responding to a troll like you requires an obligatory insult. but you're used to that, dumbass.)

Don't like the player (Sanchez), but Tannenbaum didn't give up much to get that pick.  I would even say he fleeced Cleveland.  The QB situation was not very good, so it was worth the shot.  

This report is stupid and I don't believe it.

The job of the scouts is to find the talent, and rank it. At the end of the season the position coaches along with the C0od and the HC (for the top prospects) visit the players the scouts ranked and determine how they fit the schemes and techniques that the coaching staff uses. The GM then sets the board based on input from both his scouts and the coaching staff.

When the players are being chosen draft day the consensus on the big board ranking is already established and there should be no discourse unless the GM deviates from the big board. Now put a HC whose job is in the hands of the guy ultimately setting the board and who did not want you to begin with, and you expect Rex to be jumping up and shouting at his new boss.

Well then maybe since Woody was born into a position in life that he never had to answer to a boss, he probably is not to familiar with the dynamic that new bosses are not to be trifled with. 

I can see it. You know he didn't watch college games except Clemson, of course, or pay attention to scouting reports. All Idzik and Bauer or Bradway would have to say is "this guy hits like a ton of bricks and Rex would be all in on draftng him. Remember the story of how they sent him down to Kentucky to look at a LB and he saw slow running bad catching RB John Conner make a block and he was begging for the Terminator when every pick came up

John Conner's TD catch vs. Tennessee a few weeks ago cost us several  positions in the 2015 draft.  As the actor and home wrecker Arnold Schwarzenegger's said he' will (not) be back'. A fitting end to a pathetic Jets (twice) career..

I don't know how Idzik can be on the chopping block, he's done a great job here, the team is stocked with young talent especially at QB and the mans NFL accomplishments are second to nobody.

Strange move by Woody, Clearly Rex coached this 13 win roster into a 3 win season and should be blamed entirely 

I don't know how Idzik can be on the chopping block, he's done a great job here, the team is stocked with young talent especially at QB and the mans NFL accomplishments are second to nobody.

Strange move by Woody, Clearly Rex coached this 13 win roster into a 3 win season and should be blamed entirely 

Iddy deserves 2 more years, all he needs is a competent scouting staff....he should just add recent fantasy football winners to his staff or just listen to fan emails

The Jets need a clean sweep and apparently will receive one Monday morning.  That being said, the blame on Idzik is disproportionate. While he hasn't done a great job, he was here for only two years taking over a lousy team in cap hell, and in addition never got the opportunity to hire his own HC.  Also I don't get the teflon approach to Rex. While I think he did an admirable job during his tenure, it is clear the Jets need a fresh start.  

I have been critical of Woody about the stadium and going in with the Giants ...maybe he had no choice, I don't know,  either way I didn't like the decision. I do not, however, blame Woody for any personnel moves and I think its very unfair to do so. I think Woody trusted in Rex and I think he Trusted in Idzik and both let him down . Rex because he has no balls at all and has no Idea how to be a HC and Idzik because he's made some really poor moves and had horrible drafts and basically that's the only way to Judge a GM.

Woody is doing all that he can to have a winning franchise If he was a fan of the team before (as he's stated) he knows what its like to be a Jets fan and wants nothing more than to see this team win. He's hiring some of the better guys in the league to help him through this process and that alone tells you the guy cares I do not feel money is an Object . Woody makes plenty of money so its more of a win at all costs situation IMHO ...lets just hope this next decision is the one that sticks this time and the Jets move forward as an organization and become a perennial power we've all waited so long for.

OuttaSightPF, on 24 Dec 2014 - 2:22 PM, said:

all I want for x-mas is Rex detached from my beloved Jets. And I think Idzik will be demoted, not fired. I could care less about that one, as long as he is no longer GM.

Me too, agree 100%. Idzik has brought on such a negative vibe and karma, he has to be put out of the day to day football operation.

The Jets need a clean sweep and apparently will receive one Monday morning.  That being said, the blame on Idzik is disproportionate. While he hasn't done a great job, he was here for only two years taking over a lousy team in cap hell, and in addition never got the opportunity to hire his own HC.  Also I don't get the teflon approach to Rex. While I think he did an admirable job during his tenure, it is clear the Jets need a fresh start.  

Unfortunately these are the types of bullets which will appear on his CV for his next position. No accomplishments, just the things he hasn't yet had a chance to screw up

• Never hired a coach with a record under .500
  • Never had a top 5 pick bust
  • Never spent more then 75% of cap

I see that Santa left JiF's personality under the tree for you this morning.

I, for one will be glad to see Rex go.  First 2 years offered us some hope; but that 3rd year was a disaster with turnovers and Wayne Hunter as a turnstile getting

Sanchez killed.   In Hindsight, Rex did ok with the leftover Mangini players;  but with his own input , some bad drafts ...i.e.  Kyle Wilson, Dee Milliner, S. Hill, Geno and the worst

WR's in all of football--- our passing attack really sucked with Rex.   We never scored many points and you really need to be better on offense to be in Playoffs.

I, for one will be glad to see Rex go.  First 2 years offered us some hope; but that 3rd year was a disaster with turnovers and Wayne Hunter as a turnstile getting

Sanchez killed.   In Hindsight, Rex did ok with the leftover Mangini players;  but with his own input , some bad drafts ...i.e.  Kyle Wilson, Dee Milliner, S. Hill, Geno and the worst

WR's in all of football--- our passing attack really sucked with Rex.   We never scored many points and you really need to be better on offense to be in Playoffs.

Still willing to give Milliner another year. Shaky year but he has the talent. Let's see what next year brings.

Of course Agree about the others. Apart from Sheldon and perhaps Coples(when he plays at his natural position).

The rest of these past 2 yrs. have been historically bad(especially last year). Time for new blood from GM down through scouting.

There is such a deep divide in Jetland, I don't know how we'll ever be to overcome it.  Some of us want Rex fired, and Idzik *angrily* fired, while others of us want Idzik fired, with Rex angrily fired.

It's a shame that there's no possible solution which can satisfy both sides, and we will be forced to bicker about this for ages and ages, or at least until Monday.

if only idzik received a real chance. rex destroyed any chance he had at adding talent to this team. handcuffed,i tell you. his cutting of sanchez,holmes, and cromartie to clear the 40m+ was masterful, second only to the pyramids in Egypt.like he was juggling 9 chain saws. rex literaly destroyed the future hall of famers in milliner,geno,winters,Campbell,bohanon,pryor,mcdougle,saunders,evans,George,dixon,and boyd. I heard idzik had to fight rex off with a bat so he could draft Richardson. I also heard rex was smoking crack with goodson and chased Patterson out of the building. poor idzik

There is such a deep divide in Jetland, I don't know how we'll ever be to overcome it.  Some of us want Rex fired, and Idzik *angrily* fired, while others of us want Idzik fired, with Rex angrily fired.

It's a shame that there's no possible solution which can satisfy both sides, and we will be forced to bicker about this for ages and ages, or at least until Monday.

Lol.. pretty much.. Although I think there's more then a few people who want Idzik retained, or maybe it's just that one uncouth poster expresses that opinion in every single thread you enter

Archived