NFL.com lists top ten (likely) available Head Coaches

AFJF

They love him because he took Sanchez to two AFC championship games.

I'm ready for Rex to go but I can understand his supporters...

They love him because they convinced themselves he was great early on and still can't reconcile how very wrong they were about it. It's the same reason Two and a Half Men still gets ratings

They love him because they convinced themselves he was great early on and still can't reconcile how very wrong they were about it. It's the same reason Two and a Half Men still gets ratings

Yes as opposed to you who convinced himself Idzik was great during his first press conference and has willfully ignored both the lack of information supporting that hypothesis as well as the information which directly contradicts it.

Yes as opposed to you who convinced himself Idzik was great during his first press conference and has willfully ignored both the lack of information supporting that hypothesis as well as the information which directly contradicts it.

The pro-Idzik argument is that Rex and his staff are such a drag on the development of young talent that it's impossible to evaluate the quality of those young players while under the tutelage of Rex and company, because Rex and company have a miserable track record with that young talent.

The pro-Idzik argument is that Rex and his staff are such a drag on the development of young talent that it's impossible to evaluate the quality of those young players while under the tutelage of Rex and company, because Rex and company have a miserable track record with that young talent.

So, even though his results have sucked, it might of been 100% Rex's fault and despite basically no evidence that the guy is good at his job we should let him hire a HC and take another swing at it. I am not seeing how this is any different then what you accuse rex supporters of doing, except the Rex guys can fall back on tangible success whereas you can't, like at all. Yes he cut the cap, but that in of itself is not a skill, cutting the cap and remaining competitive while building for the future.. that's a skill

The history revisionist ideas are always the strongest.

Can a hypothetical thing also be a fact?

The Rex Ryan trophy case is full of "what if" and "mythological" SB trophies. 

Which is really a horrendous argument.

So, even though his results have sucked, it might of been 100% Rex's fault and despite basically no evidence that the guy is good at his job we should let him hire a HC and take another swing at it. I am not seeing how this is any different then what you accuse rex supporters of doing, except the Rex guys can fall back on tangible success whereas you can't, like at all. Yes he cut the cap, but that in of itself is not a skill, cutting the cap and remaining competitive while building for the future.. that's a skill

It is still way to early to truly judge Idzik's performance.  Rex has had 6 years.

Idzik has certainly made some mistakes but he's done a lot of good too - in my opinion he does deserve another HC (I've accepted he's gone though and at this point)

It is still way to early to truly judge Idzik's performance.  Rex has had 6 years.

Idzik has certainly made some mistakes but he's done a lot of good too - in my opinion he does deserve another HC (I've accepted he's gone though and at this point)

What good has he done?

It's based somewhat on a hypothetical, but still has more evidence attached to it than the argument that suggests Rex will ever win anything as a head coach.

Rex went to back-to-back AFCCGs with players acquired by Tannenbaum and Bradway. Two years into the Idzik regime, and it's a three win team.

Your hypothetical sucks as bad as Idzik.

Rex went to back-to-back AFCCGs with players acquired by Tannenbaum and Bradway. Two years into the Idzik regime, and it's a three win team.

Your hypothetical sucks as bad as Idzik.

If Idzik wanted his young guys to get a chance and reps then he doesn't bring back Pace, or bring in Harvin, or bring in Babin, etc etc. Idzik has undermined his drafts with terrible free agency decisions as well.

They love him because he took Sanchez to two AFC championship games.

I'm ready for Rex to go but I can understand his supporters...

I think Rex was the perfect hire when he became Jets HC. He had the attitude and swagger that was sorely lacking for many year. Unfortunately his swagger and boastfulness didn't translate to coaching ability or development of players.

If Idzik wanted his young guys to get a chance and reps then he doesn't bring back Pace, or bring in Harvin, or bring in Babin, etc etc. Idzik has undermined his drafts with terrible free agency decisions as well.

Bottom line , there's a time in every season where it logically makes sense to play younger players and evaluate. Problem is when you have a HC fighting for his coaching life , the decisions he makes may not fall in line with what's logical.

2. Rex RyanJets coach: Owner Woody Johnson is already assembling a football council to help with the hiring decision, an ominous sign for the futures of Ryan and general manager John Idzik. Although Ryan has been undone by his almost willful disregard for offense and inability to identify coaches capable of developing quarterbacks, he's still respected as one of the game's premier defensive minds. John Fox, a coach with a similar profile, has succeeded with the help of a franchise quarterback in Denver.

The above is total horse shlt.

John Fox is much more a complete coach. In fact, REX may be a better D coach than FOX but in NO WAY has Fox neglected the offense.   He made it to 3 NFL Championship games, was a field goal from winning the SB.  

2. Rex RyanJets coach: Owner Woody Johnson is already assembling a football council to help with the hiring decision, an ominous sign for the futures of Ryan and general manager John Idzik. Although Ryan has been undone by his almost willful disregard for offense and inability to identify coaches capable of developing quarterbacks, he's still respected as one of the game's premier defensive minds. John Fox, a coach with a similar profile, has succeeded with the help of a franchise quarterback in Denver.

The above is total horse shlt.

John Fox is much more a complete coach. In fact, REX may be a better D coach than FOX but in NO WAY has Fox neglected the offense.   He made it to 3 NFL Championship games, was a field goal from winning the SB.  

I like Fox also even though in 9 seasons with Carolina he had only 3 were winning seasons.. Of course he's doing well with his QB in Denver now "whats his name?? :winking0001:

You guys would put Gary Kubiak in there to replace Rex? What's he won that Rex hasn't? The guy is as bland as they come and not in a Belichick kind of way, but as in Mike Smith. It's time to move on from Rex, but not for him. Change for the sake of change. SOJ. No thanks.

You guys would put Gary Kubiak in there to replace Rex? What's he won that Rex hasn't? The guy is as bland as they come and not in a Belichick kind of way, but as in Mike Smith. It's time to move on from Rex, but not for him. Change for the sake of change. SOJ. No thanks.

Remind us, your preferred coach in 2015 is......who?

I like Fox also even though in 9 seasons with Carolina he had only 3 were winning seasons.. Of course he's doing well with his QB in Denver now "whats his name?? :winking0001:

Didn't realize Fox was that bad in Carolina...thought he'd had more winning seasons than that.

Archived