Did the NY Jets ruin Geno Smith YOU decide

joewilly12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll lay odds that you never watched a single snap to Sanchez or Smith while they were in college.

You lose I watched alot of WVU football liked what I saw in the kid seemed a little raw faltered in the colder weather but overall showed alot of promise wasn't he projected to be the first QB chosen in the draft as well. 

Teams bring in viable seasoned veterans to mentor rookie QBs and battle them in camp and to step in when needed to get the job done and we brought in Brunell for Sanchez and Vick for Geno.

the jets have never supported a QB since I have been watching them.  look at the draft when the colts took luck.  this is how you do it

QB

TE

TE

WR

DT

RB

WR

OT

DE

QB

Kenny O'brien was the last QB before Sanchez that actually was decent the rest were slugs Geno Smith isn't done here yet. 

whoa, lol

vinny in '98 was very good, pennington went to a pro-bowl

Jet QBs since OBrien who were all better than Geno the BUST

I have a better idea for a shorter list, those as bad or worse than Geno the BUST

Brooks Bollinger

Tajh Boyd

That is about it

Nobody with the faintest clue about football could say that Geno was ruined by anyone or any coach or by anything other than his own lack of ability to read a defense, throw an accurate pass, step up in the pocket, learn a playbook or any of the other 20 things a qb must do to succeed in the NFL

the jets have never supported a QB since I have been watching them. look at the draft when the colts took luck. this is how you do it

QB

TE

TE

WR

DT

RB

WR

OT

DE

QB

and how many Super Bowls have that got them. Luck is one of the most sacked QBs in the league. What it boils down to is you need a a well balanced team, especially if you don't have a top flight QB. Can't ignore the offense can't ignore the defense, can't run the ball too much but can't pass the ball to much either. Team needs a talent on both sides not pro bowlers at every position but solid starters with role players and all pros sprinkled in. Plus game plans specific for each opponent and each week. It's the only way.

WOW

This one thread started about 4 hours ago and this will be the 46th post

I took another look at The Landing Strip at JI Scout a few minutes ago.and there are total of Thirty One (countem 31) posts today on ALL the threads of that forum and a total of ZERO on all the other sub forums listed

Thanks again Max for JN

and how many Super Bowls have that got them. Luck is one of the most sacked QBs in the league. What it boils down to is you need a a well balanced team, especially if you don't have a top flight QB. Can't ignore the offense can't ignore the defense, can't run the ball too much but can't pass the ball to much either. Team needs a talent on both sides not pro bowlers at every position but solid starters with role players and all pros sprinkled in. Plus game plans specific for each opponent and each week. It's the only way.

he was drafted in 2012.  how many does he need to impress you at this point ?

whoa, lol

vinny in '98 was very good, pennington went to a pro-bowl

Vinny was an old has been surrounded by a good team. 

Are you ******* kid me. He had a qbr of like 5 in one of his games his rookie year. The kid sucks, we should have gave up on him last year and drafted Bridgewater or Carr like I was calling for.

Bridgewater and Carr? I dont remember seeing Minnesota or Oakland in the playoff picture. 

I can't even believe this thread actually exists.

Is there ever a very good college QB that just isn't good enough to play on Sundays? Does that every happen or are they always just ruined? QBs develop into all levels of professional. That's the way it works.

45 years and counting exists......

How many years has it taken the Jets to get a good QB?  Joe Namath good.  Jets fans want a guy who comes in and wins the Super Bowl in his rookie season its not going to happen. Geno Smith may have regressed in the 2014 season but so did the team around him can't blame the QB all the time. 

lol ok

so they shouldn't have taken fleener or t.y. hilton ? your argument is very weird

my argument isn't an argument but my point was the colts have a great Qb and have drafted all skill position and still haven't found the "magic formula", draft all skill position and then the lines are neglected and you have the colts problem,some people say it's all playmakers some say it's all in the trenches and some say it's all about the QB but in reality to substain a winning team year in and year out there has to be some balance, unless you have one of the top 3 Qbs ine the league

The question should be. Has Geno Smith ruined the Jets...JMHO

God, people need to open their frickin eyes. Rex the loser has ruined two QBs under his watch. Completely. Geno may not have been Rodgers or Brady but he has some solid skills and under a proper staff would be at a minimum average. I am so fuucking tired of the Rex support. He is a fuucking cancer to this team and cannot be fired fast enough.

here is the thing that i see...if you watch the video you rarely see him look beyond his first read...which is the exactly what his issue is. he had stud receivers in college and he obviously had great chemistry with them...but you cant win in the NFL by staring down receivers unless you got Megaton like Stafford does.

my argument isn't an argument but my point was the colts have a great Qb and have drafted all skill position and still haven't found the "magic formula", draft all skill position and then the lines are neglected and you have the colts problem,some people say it's all playmakers some say it's all in the trenches and some say it's all about the QB but in reality to substain a winning team year in and year out there has to be some balance, unless you have one of the top 3 Qbs ine the league

my point was if you draft a QB in rd 1, support him.   The colts gave luck a security blanket TE, speedy WR, RB, and o-line help.  that is balance.  The jets didn't do that with sanchez or smith.  I never said ignore the defense or trenches.  I have no idea what we are arguing about 

my point was if you draft a QB in rd 1, support him.   The colts gave luck a security blanket TE, speedy WR, RB, and o-line help.  that is balance.  The jets didn't do that with sanchez or smith.  I never said ignore the defense or trenches.  I have no idea what we are arguing about 

Not sure what else Sanchez needed besides the best running game in football, three Pro Bowlers on the offensive line, a pass catching TE, Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes and a pass catching third down back in Tomlinson. Other than that, no support at all.

Not sure what else Sanchez needed besides the best running game in football, three Pro Bowlers on the offensive line, a pass catching TE, Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes and a pass catching third down back in Tomlinson. Other than that, no support at all

What he needed was a HC who's main philosophy wasn't to run the ball and win with D. Rex was allergic to turnovers at first sign of adversity back to the G&P and try to win 10-7 games. Your right he had pretty stacked teams in 2009-10, its just a shame that our HC had no clue how to utilize the weapons they had on O, because G&P worked effectively Rex rode it till in broke and hasn't recovered since. Irony of those 2009-10 playoff runs , it was Rex's vaunted D that was the utlimate factor in the Jets getting eliminated.

God, people need to open their frickin eyes. Rex the loser has ruined two QBs under his watch. Completely. Geno may not have been Rodgers or Brady but he has some solid skills and under a proper staff would be at a minimum average. I am so fuucking tired of the Rex support. He is a fuucking cancer to this team and cannot be fired fast enough.

there is absolutely nothing to say that even comes remotely close to proving any of this as being true. G-No smith who was passed on by every team in the league and was picked in about the same spot as Keller Clemens was guaranteed to be at least an average starter but it was Rex ( the boogey man ) Ryan that sucked all his skill out of him kinda like the aliens in the movie space jam. Oh wait sanchez proves this point true because he's throwing for over three hundred yards a game in philly, except for the fact that he still makes the same stupid costly turnover every game and Philly isn't going anywhere this year either.

Archived