Did the NY Jets ruin Geno Smith YOU decide

joewilly12

Bo, Jets did not ruin Geno. Geno was awful in college. 80% of his yards as a senior came from passes 10 yards or less. He had two NFL wrs on his college team who padded his stats.

Geno lacks instincts, and can't throw deep to save his life. Just a failed draft pick.

sent from my Lumia 1020 using tapatalk.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of San Diego you know who the QB coach for Drew Bree's was?? None other then Brian Schottenheimer..

Brees was slow to develop in San Diego, it was a surprise when he finally broke through.  When Schottenheimer left he had a cloud over him, one of those deals that the club didn't want to fire a guy too early if there was a chance that another club thought he was valuable.

The guy no more than a back up QB

And not a good one at that.

If there was a need in the NFL for a QB who can't read defenses, throw accurately but who can run backwards on third down, get sacked and take a team out of FG range, G-No would be in great demand

Sick and tired of all the bashing of this fine young rookie QB what happened was it Jets coaching or lack of was it play calling? YOU decide 

I don't think he's ruined, he's just not very good at this point and neither are the Jets.   Seems when he gets protection he's shown some flashes.  He's still in his second year, I don't think he's done, but he should not be handed the starting position next year.  We need to draft and sign a veteran QB and have 5 QBs in camp, keep the best 3 if that's not Geno, so be it.

well, if they ruined him, they sure fixed him up for today atleast. I still think he is a bum, but gotta give credit where credit is due. perfect rating, 350+ yards, 3 td's and no intercetions. sun has got to shine on a dogs ass some days

some of those long completions looked like punts, that's how bad Miami secondary played today

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-geno-smith-pulled-fast-jets-article-1.1970991

Geno Smith is a back up QB. That's it. All the pre draft rumblings were correct. He's not the leader of the team and will be lucky to even have a #2 job in NY next year.

heres a guy who gets it........gee-no interceptions? really? sucks period.

geno smith is a good number 2................for a team you hate.  I have been a New York jet fan since 1970, i have seen many QBs play in the green jersey.  my top 3 -Joe, Ken and vinnie in 98, bottom 3-mirer, geno and bubby.  mirer and geno suck, bubby was a year past his 'year" and the coach hated him.  instinct and talent cannot be taught.  geno Smith is a no talent hack with zero instincts on the field and not a good feel for THE game. He makes bad reads, locks on receivers, and dumb mistakes(fumbles).  and thats why he is NOT the future of the NYJ.  Todays win was aginst a sh*t dolphins team with a sh*t secondary.   Geno folds like a cheap suit against any good team or any pressure.  He is not a leader(see moviegate) and he is not a good qb. if it walks like a sh*tty delusional qb and talks like a sh*tty delusional qb you have a sh*tty delusional qb. geno is that guy

Archived