Amaro made SI's All Rookie Team

SenorGato

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/23/best-nfl-rookies-2014-teddy-bridgewater-aaron-donald

Not much has gone right with the Jets' passing offense this year, but in Amaro, the team looks to have a weapon at the tight end position with great potential. The second-round pick's highlight game this season was his 10-catch, 68-yard game against the Broncos on Oct. 12 -- since then, injuries and the general malaise surrounding the team's quarterback position have conspired to limit his opportunities. He has just three catches for 26 yards in his last five games.

Something something says more about rookie TEs sucking than Amaro and a great future something something

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/23/best-nfl-rookies-2014-teddy-bridgewater-aaron-donald

Something something says more about rookie TEs sucking than Amaro and a great future something something

Yeah I agree unfortunately. He does have some potential, and with the right QB he could be pretty effective I think......problem is it won't be easy finding the right QB as any Jets fan knows.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree unfortunately. He does have some potential, and with the right QB he could be pretty effective I think......problem is it won't be easy finding the right QB as any Jets fan knows.

I found the right QB, his name is Bo Wallace of Ole Miss. Now we just have to find the right offensive coordinator and coach. 

I found the right QB, his name is Bo Wallace of Ole Miss. Now we just have to find the right offensive coordinator and coach.

I don't watch college football so I'll take your word for it. Regardless, I'll be happy if we draft a QB again this year because we don't have the answer on our roster at the moment IMO, and if we don't draft one we won't find one.

Back to Amaro and the lack of production from rookie TEs this year, I'm surprised that guys like Ebron and ASJ haven't had more of an impact this year.

I haven't watched these guys, but just looking at their stat line, what happened to Ebron? I remember being worried about him when we played Detroit due to how much we struggle with TEs. Without a healthy Megatron that game he still was hardly a factor.....and that was statistically his best game of the season with 3 catches for 34 yards and his lone TD of the season! His totals are 23 catches for 211 yards to go along with his 1 TD in 12 games . With Stafford throwing to him, Megatron (even at less than 100% for a good part of the season) and Golden Tate I thought Ebron would definitely be more productive and be a favorite for offensive rookie of the year coming into this season. He has battled a hamstring injury this season that must have impacted his effectiveness.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericebron/2543466/profile

ASJ has 21 catches for 221 yards and 2 TDs in 9 games this year. His QB situation is just as bad as ours, I still thought he'd be a little more productive. He's currently on injured reserve with a back injury.....so maybe a new QB and being healthy will lead to more production next year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/austinseferian-jenkins/2543683/profile

In comparison Amaro has 35 receptions for 311 yards and 2 TDs on the season in 13 games. Like ASJ, hopefully a new QB and being healthy will lead to more production next year.....I definitely see some potential in Amaro, he just needs someone to get him the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaceamaro/2543481/profile

Amaro was a good pick in the 2nd round.  I think he is going to turn into an impact TE.

From your lips to gods ears.

We need a few players in this draft to emerge.

It amazes me that Rex wasn't able to get some playing time for Dozier when we were already out of the playoff race.

From your lips to gods ears.

We need a few players in this draft to emerge.

It amazes me that Rex wasn't able to get some playing time for Dozier when we were already out of the playoff race.

a secure coach can clear the bench in week 17 of a lousy season, a guy on the outs has to try to win every game

and maybe he just sucks

Back to Amaro and the lack of production from rookie TEs this year, I'm surprised that guys like Ebron and ASJ haven't had more of an impact this year.

I haven't watched these guys, but just looking at their stat line, what happened to Ebron? I remember being worried about him when we played Detroit due to how much we struggle with TEs. Without a healthy Megatron that game he still was hardly a factor.....and that was statistically his best game of the season with 3 catches for 34 yards and his lone TD of the season! His totals are 23 catches for 211 yards to go along with his 1 TD in 12 games . With Stafford throwing to him, Megatron (even at less than 100% for a good part of the season) and Golden Tate I thought Ebron would definitely be more productive and be a favorite for offensive rookie of the year coming into this season. He has battled a hamstring injury this season that must have impacted his effectiveness.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericebron/2543466/profile

ASJ has 21 catches for 221 yards and 2 TDs in 9 games this year. His QB situation is just as bad as ours, I still thought he'd be a little more productive. He's currently on injured reserve with a back injury.....so maybe a new QB and being healthy will lead to more production next year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/austinseferian-jenkins/2543683/profile

In comparison Amaro has 35 receptions for 311 yards and 2 TDs on the season in 13 games. Like ASJ, hopefully a new QB and being healthy will lead to more production next year.....I definitely see some potential in Amaro, he just needs someone to get him the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaceamaro/2543481/profile

doesn't ebron have shaky hands ?  I didn't like him as a top 20 pick or whatever he was

amaro could develop into a decent TE.  the last TE I really really wanted the jets to draft was heath miller.  kills me to this day what a stud he is

Amaro is the least of our concerns going forward on this team. If and when the QB got him the ball, he did well.

Now he just needs to focus better on "big" clutch plays and stop those gut-wrenching drops. His pass was this year, next season that becomes intolerable.

Amaro has been OK but if he ever wants to be anything more than another slightly above average Jets tight end who shows flashes for a few years but never actually matures into an impact player, he needs to hit the training room and get his body into proper shape.

Disagree completely, I think Amaro does indeed have a VERY bright future.

But only if he gets a QB (and a system) that doesn't suck.

As others have said, he needs to work on his drops, but I don't think he's a lost cause already on that front.

doesn't ebron have shaky hands ? I didn't like him as a top 20 pick or whatever he was

amaro could develop into a decent TE. the last TE I really really wanted the jets to draft was heath miller. kills me to this day what a stud he is

Yeah now that you mention it I remember reading about Ebron having issues with his hands before the draft. He was projected to go to the Jets in a lot of mock drafts I read but Detroit ended up taking him with their pick.

I bet Detroit wish they took Beckham Jr instead. Can you imagine him and Megatron on the same team? Would easily be the best 1-2 punch in the league IMO.

I like Wallace myself, but more for his game personality than his potential as a pro starter. He is a "college qb" like Tebow, Wuerfel, Kellen Moore etc,

When Jenkins went down before thanksgiving, there was nobody else to give it to.  What a disappointment was last years TE freshman class, Niklas, Ebron, Jenkins, and Amaro.

I thought Amaro had a good rookie season. Don't understand all the negativity

The drops, It is one thing for WRs to have drops 20-25 yards from the qb, but TEs most often are 1/2 that distance away and more times than not just sitting in a  zone in the flat. Those "sun gets in his eyes" type plays just stick out in memories.

His stats look better and guys like Ebron dropped more balls than Amaro. (believe it or not)

So the competition wasn't exactly impressive or deep? The best of the worst basically.

He's not a very impressive player is you ask me. He's a plodder who drops the ball and can't block.

Forgive me if I'm not impressed by this award.

I'm sure Jace will be better next year. The problem with young TEs is they never had to block in college.

A lot more preparation in the NFL, more coverages, more blitzing.

He had to think about other things rather than just line up & do whatever the hell he pleased. Game will slow down a little hopefully the new coaches incorporate the TE more, would like to see us sign Clay as a FA ( good combo), Cumby needs to hit the bricks, another waste of damn time by the Jets on a below average player.

Jets need to revamp the offensive philosophy by having 2 decent TEs, a younger RB (maybe take a flyer on Gurley if he falls to the 3rd because of the ACL). Ivory + Gurley, Clay, Amaro, Decker, Kerley, Cooper?

They would have the personnel to maul you & go 4 wide with TEs that can also hurt you.

The drops, It is one thing for WRs to have drops 20-25 yards from the qb, but TEs most often are 1/2 that distance away and more times than not just sitting in a zone in the flat. Those "sun gets in his eyes" type plays just stick out in memories.

Stephen Hill taught him how to catch.

The only thing this honor does is show just how poor the 2014 TE rookie class was.  Amaro is a very average TE at best and did not perform well this season.  I have to wonder how poorly the other TEs in this rookie class did if Amaro grades out on top.

Terrible stats for a rookie TE, especially with the all-time great play from the QB position. Awful tight ends like Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham and Jason Witten were just a little better in their rookie years. Imagine how bad Amaro is going to be.

More seriously, he has to clean up the drops, but he looks like one of the few (only?) bright spots in a pathetic draft year for the Jets.

Amaro does have nimble feet for a big guy- so he's got that going for him. But so many quotes early on, anonymously about how soft he was...seems fairly common with a lot of rookies these days though. They underestimate how tough the league is...especially with how little effort college defenses give nowadays.

My problem with Amaro is we picked a TE instead of a WR, in a class flush with Wrs, when that was a MAJOR position of need.

Also 300 yards and 2tds, isn't exactly something to get excited about. Well see hopefully he improves.

sent from my Lumia 1020 using tapatalk.

Archived