GM/HC News, Updates, & Your Thoughts (THAT DO NOT WARRANT IT'S OWN THREAD)

Morrissey

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admittedly, I know nothing about him and haven't read his info yet, but Broncos GM from '09-'12? Doesn't that mean he's the guy who traded away Marshall, Cutler, drafted Tebow, and hired Josh McDaniels?

Mike Westhoff says on @SNY that a few of his coaching/FO sources say Brian Xander is the name to watch for #Jets GM.

Xanders is the senior personnel executive with the Lions. Was the Broncos GM from 09-12

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets have requested permission to talk to Eagles director of pro personnel Rick Mueller for their GM job, per sources. #nyj

Rick Mueller (born December 4, 1967) is a professional American football executive, currently serving as the Director of Pro Personnel with the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He has also served as the General Manager of the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League in 2010-2011. He originally joined the league in 2009 as Vice President and General Manager,[1] acting as the general manager for all four of the UFL's teams in the league's inaugural 2009 season.

@jeffzrebiecsun: Gary Kubiak said he's told John Harbaugh they he's not interested in head coaching vacancies right now. Could change if season ends.

@RavensInsider: gary kubiak on wanting to be head coach again 'I had my turn I don't think about what's next I'm really enjoying what I'm doing'

@jeffzrebiecsun: Gary Kubiak said he's told John Harbaugh they he's not interested in head coaching vacancies right now. Could change if season ends.

@RavensInsider: gary kubiak on wanting to be head coach again 'I had my turn I don't think about what's next I'm really enjoying what I'm doing'

Thanks Gary!!!  I didn't want you anyway

I'd wondered if Kubiak wanted to be under all of that pressure again after his health scare last year.

I don't blame him if he's content being a coordinator for now.

agreed, I bet everyone in his family would freak out on him if he interviewed.  I read the type of stroke he had makes another one more likely at some point

Everything about the Jets HC and GM search is so uninspiring. Are we really talking about Tom Cable and Gary Kubiak? Are we trying to get better or worse?

I agree. Woody needs to make a splash. Cable and some no name GM is not going to cut it. That's going to be one empty stadium. I had Jets sales dept calling begging me to buy season tickets for $50 a pop. I can't imagine what the 2015 deal is going to be. Maybe if you agree to buy a hot dog and a beer they will throw in the tickets and parking LOL

mueller is a scout with director of pro personnell experience. 

maccagnan is a scout, but only a director of scouting title.  brian gaine is really the guy you want to hire away from the texans.  maccagnan may be a reach

kuharich has the best overall background of the 3

no capologists here  :-)

maccagnan is a scout, but only a director of scouting title. brian gaine is really the guy you want to hire away from the texans. maccagnan may be a reach

no capologists here :-)

Kirchner?

maccagnan is a scout, but only a director of scouting title. brian gaine is really the guy you want to hire away from the texans. maccagnan may be a reach

no capologists here :-)

Mccagnan reviews 2013 Draft

Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan oversees a group of nine scouts – two national scouts, six area scouts and one scout who evaluates college and pro prospects. They started studying the 2013 draft class about three weeks after the 2012 draft, more than 11 months of player evaluations that led to nine draft picks from April 25-27.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Scouting-director-Mike-Maccagnan-reviews-2013-draft/16e0560b-38af-4470-bfff-c32515415954

Kirchner?

lol.  there are so many I forgot one !

he is the guy you want, the top of the scouting tree there.  

I wonder who crunches numbers for the scout ?  negotiating with agents and constructing solid contracts is very different than watching film

Archived