GM/HC News, Updates, & Your Thoughts (THAT DO NOT WARRANT IT'S OWN THREAD)

Morrissey

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jeffzrebiecsun: Gary Kubiak said he's told John Harbaugh they he's not interested in head coaching vacancies right now. Could change if season ends.

@RavensInsider: gary kubiak on wanting to be head coach again 'I had my turn I don't think about what's next I'm really enjoying what I'm doing'

I saw tweets like this the other day. The Ravens have something good going on down there, nobody wants to leave. 

I think it's going to come down to Quinn, Bowles and Marrone. I'm hoping for Quinn or Bowles, and then perhaps another former HC as OC, maybe someone looking to rehab their reputation the way Kubiak is doing in Baltimore.

Mccagnan reviews 2013 Draft

Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan oversees a group of nine scouts – two national scouts, six area scouts and one scout who evaluates college and pro prospects. They started studying the 2013 draft class about three weeks after the 2012 draft, more than 11 months of player evaluations that led to nine draft picks from April 25-27.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Scouting-director-Mike-Maccagnan-reviews-2013-draft/16e0560b-38af-4470-bfff-c32515415954

If we get either McCagnan or Kirchner, I'll be content. Everything I've read has me believing they are the best 2 options in the buzz pipeline.

That one kinda stings. Can't hire him for a lesser position, right? Is that higher or lower than GM?

lower and he's 30 years old.  the peter principle says he's 1 more promotion from being in over his head and getting canned

Bills were scared the Jets were going to get to Reich first. This is interesting because it means that the Bills might not believe that the Jets are going to hire Marrone

I have to believe at this point, the Marrone to Jets fap-fest yesterday was all smokescreen, maybe to get teams to chase after him, while the Jets chase their true candidates... I dunno.

I have to believe at this point, the Marrone to Jets fap-fest yesterday was all smokescreen, maybe to get teams to chase after him, while the Jets chase their true candidates... I dunno.

The Bills are just throwing darts right now. Polian turned them down, they supposedly talked to Cowher, they're "interested" in Rex, etc. They had zero Plan B when Marrone bailed. They're going to have to give that job to Jim Schwartz.

The Bills are just throwing darts right now. Polian turned them down, they supposedly talked to Cowher, they're "interested" in Rex, etc. They had zero Plan B when Marrone bailed. They're going to have to give that job to Jim Schwartz.

Oh yeah, no doubt.

Frank Reich with Schwartz staying on as DC would be a very good option for them.

@AdamSchefter: Jets have requested permission for GM interviews with Chiefs DPP Chris Ballard and Dolphins director of college scouting Chris Grier.

It scares me that they're expanding the search. They did that last time because no one better than Idzik wanted the job.

Frank Reich with Schwartz staying on as DC would be a very good option for them.

It scares me that they're expanding the search. They did that last time because no one better than Idzik wanted the job.

True, but we know they have not offered the job to anyone yet, and both of the added names are personnel guys.

Miami Dolphins: Chris Grier

Grier has been the Dolphins director of college scouting the past four seasons. While Jeff Ireland had some blunders as general manager, Grier and his scouting staff have put together some talent on the Miami roster. Grier is the son of Houston Texans executive Bobby Grier and the brother of NFL veteran Michael Grier. Chris Grier was part of the Patriots front office for five years before joining the Dolphins 14 years ago. Many questioned why Grief wasn't promoted to general manager when Ireland was fired.

CBS Sports is reporting that the Dan Quinn interview was impressive and that the Jets might have to wait until after the SB to hire their new HC. 

If Quinn doesn't become Jets HC CBS Sports will report Quinn didn't interview well or Quinn wasn't impressed with the Jets....

I'm guessing the source in this instance is Tanny, Quinn's agent...

True, but this doesn't have that same feel. Ballard is considered to be an excellent candidate. He's more qualified/experienced than some of the people they're looking at.

Archived